The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

8 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

The Rangers Opening Night Roster looks like this, with Sekera going on LTIR on day one, and a player acquired yesterday slotting into the 4th line RW spot. I think I am ready for the season, despite two players that I thought would make the team need a little more salt down on the Lake Cowichan Lakers, and a disappointing free agency season...we will perform at an improved level and steadily work towards the playoffs.

New York Rangers

Thomas Vanek, Ryan O'Reilly, Kyle Okposo
Brady Tkachuk, Casey Mittelstadt, Bobby Ryan
 Brendan Leipsic, Patrik Berglund, Justin Abdelkader
Colin Wilson, Lukas Sedlak , NEW PLAYER
Dale Weise 

Marco Scandella, Johnny Boychuk
Brandon Manning, Mark Borowiecki
Connor Murphy, 
Andrej Sekera

Semyon Varlamov
Joonas Korpisalo

your goalie squad looks strong ...IF  varlamov stays healthy.

ullmark / kuemper in my case  ...a little surprise box  .but cant be worse than last season .... i hope 

whatever ...we both wil have another rough year .... or will we both move up?  

6 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

your goalie squad looks strong ...IF  varlamov stays healthy.

ullmark / kuemper in my case  ...a little surprise box  .but cant be worse than last season .... i hope 

whatever ...we both wil have another rough year .... or will we both move up?  

Looking at my minors, I have 5 players that I was thinking would be at least the 13thF or 7thD on their NHL clubs who are as of now assigned to the minors or the juniors. Overall stronger than last year, which was mildly stronger than the year before, late in the season, but short two skaters, which we will try to rectify in the opening two months of the season, and it will all be worthwhile if we can slide into a spot above St Louis. haha. :lol::gocan:

2 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Looking at my minors, I have 5 players that I was thinking would be at least the 13thF or 7thD on their NHL clubs who are as of now assigned to the minors or the juniors. Overall stronger than last year, which was mildly stronger than the year before, late in the season, but short two skaters, which we will try to rectify in the opening two months of the season.

i hope kahun and johnston will have some impact on my roster . my defence ...claesson and davidson could end up as 7th or 8th d-mens .

sprong still seems to find the final punch for the nhl . zadina would be a nice addition but it seems that he has to work on his play on pro level.

ward released from pto , jokinen still on pto , gaborik will start the season on LITR. gorges not even signed anywhere. 

hoffman looked not so fine in the pre season with his team , atkinson on fire though . elias pettersson will be a huge addition ...it seems 

it will be rough again ...... 

6 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

il ike this aussie football and rugby stuff .   european/soccer players would roll around like cry babies after such a check :D  

sadly such sports are not really popular in germany .  

The way "soccer" players fall over at the slightest touch and roll around on the ground writhing in pain to earn a free kick, then get up and sprint off breeds a little contempt for the game over here in Aus.

Sorry to derail this league talking to old friends about others sports.

Dallas Stars Opening Night

A. Steen (6.50) - E. Staal (5.00) - B. Schenn (4.500)

E. Lindholm (3.50) - J. Staal (5.25) - S. Bennett (2.50)

T. Rieder (3.25) - T. Bozak (4.25) - K. Kapanen (1.50)

J. Dickinson (0.90) - J. McCann (2.35) - J. Armia (1.75)

N. Cousins (1.25)

M. Pysyk (1.50) - J. Johnson (6.75)

M. Methot (2.50) - A. Pelech (1.65)

B. Hutton (2.10) - K. Russell (3.25)

A. MacDonald (5.00) - D. Schlemko (2.25)

T. Greiss (3.00) - S. Darling (1.00)

3 hours ago, gmen81 said:

If possible the Maple Leafs would like to use their ELC Slides on

Janne Kuokkanen

JD Greenway

Okay...

Some clarification for those who are confused.

You don't "use" an ELC slide, or have a set number of them.  If your minors budget has the appropriate investment, it will be indicated on the players information on their player info popup as well as the Salary Structure page.  In order to be eligible to slide, a player must have signed their contract prior to their 21st birthday and the team must have the appropriate investment in their Player Development budget at the time the contract is signed

Once a player has a slide eligible contract, the way it works is that if at the end of the regular season, the player has not played in 10 NHL games during the season, the contract expiry year slides back one year.

If the player has been sent to junior or the minors, it's likely they won't see 10 NHL games, but it's not impossible either.  So the slide does not take place until after the regular season, not before.

@canuck2xtreme Opening Night Roster:

2hz7chs.jpgAvalanche Roster:

Forwards:

Barzal, Monahan, Brown

Helm, Necas, Nyquist

Bratt, Granlund, Pominville

Richardson, Beagle, Brouwer

Chytil, Dowd

Defence:

Chara, Demers

Moore, Sbisa

McQuaid, Bowey

Schenn

Goalies:

Vasilevskiy, Hutchinson

2s187ic.jpg Eagles Roster:

Forwards:

Bailey, Frost, Dahlen 

Mascherin, Robertson, Senyshyn

Harkins, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Bittner

Smith, DeLeo, Kosmachuck

O'Brien

Defence:

Fabbro, Tryamkin

Pokka, Dougherty

Morin, Capobianco

Witkowski, Raddysh

Goalies:

Hart, Hammond, Halverson

*If Fabbro can be assigned to Juniors (I think he can...?), we'd like him there as well please, along with Hallander.

4 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

To TB:
small.png Richard Panik
small.png Jan Jenik

To MTL:

small.png Matt Benning

Thanks to @Nail for the smooth negotiations.

We're very pleased to bring in Matt Benning to be a fixture on our blue-line, as he circles all of the boxes that we were looking for. Age, contract-status, dolllar amount and team all fit very nicely. We expect him to start on our top-4 as we hope to be in the mix in the Eastern Conference this year. 

We'd like to thank Richard Panik for his time in the desert and wish him well in Tampa. We know that his name came up in some trade rumors a lot this season, but it wasn't because we didn't like him. It's more the fact that we had no room in our top-6 for him due to the depth of wingers up front. We expect him to have a good season and hope he does. As for Jan Jenik, we think he has a future in this league and we were pleased to draft him this past summer, but he was part of the ask in the trade and we relented.

Minnesota Wild opening night roster 

Patrick Maroon- Mikael Granlund- Corey Perry

Andrew Ladd- Jeff Carter- Jesper Fast

Noel Acciari - Scott Laughton - Andrew Shaw

Matt Martin - Zac Dalpe - J.T Brown 

Dustin Byfuglien - Jeff Petry 

Jared Spurgeon - Trevor Dayley 

Karl Alzner - Braydon Coburn 

Gabriel Carlsson - Jordie Benn 

Roberto Luongo 

Jack Campbell 

Archived