The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

THIS WAS THE IVAN KULBAKOV SHOW. THESE HIGHLIGHTS ARE FROM THE CRUNCH SO NOT SHOWING THE INCREDIBLE SHOWING FOR IVAN.  REID BOUCHER ALSO NEEDED HELP OFF THE ICE AFTER A COLLISION.  LOOKED LIKE MAYBE LEG INJURY.  BOUCHER AND SAUTNER BOTH DID NOT FINISH THE GAME.  THE PENALTY SHOT CALL WAS HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE TOO.  THE SCORE SHOULD HAVE BEEN 5-3 BUT A HIGHSTICK FROM MACEWEN NEGATED A FULL ICE EMPTY NET GOAL BY A SPRAWLING ARCHIE WHEN THE CRUNCH PULLED THEIR GOALIE DOWN 2 WITH APPROX 10 MIN TO GO.  ARCHIES SINGLE GOAL MAKES HIM THE COMETS ALL TIME FRANCHISE GOAL SCORER.

Edited by TomatoPieFan

12 hours ago, TomatoPieFan said:

THIS WAS THE IVAN KULBAKOV SHOW. THESE HIGHLIGHTS ARE FROM THE CRUNCH SO NOT SHOWING THE INCREDIBLE SHOWING FOR IVAN.  REID BOUCHER ALSO NEEDED HELP OFF THE ICE AFTER A COLLISION.  LOOKED LIKE MAYBE LEG INJURY.  BOUCHER AND SAUTNER BOTH DID NOT FINISH THE GAME.  THE PENALTY SHOT CALL WAS HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE TOO.  THE SCORE SHOULD HAVE BEEN 5-3 BUT A HIGHSTICK FROM MACEWEN NEGATED A FULL ICE EMPTY NET GOAL BY A SPRAWLING ARCHIE WHEN THE CRUNCH PULLED THEIR GOALIE DOWN 2 WITH APPROX 10 MIN TO GO.  ARCHIES SINGLE GOAL MAKES HIM THE COMETS ALL TIME FRANCHISE GOAL SCORER.

Looks like we have found a cracker in Kulbakov but he belongs to Utica I think.

Edited by alfstonker
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

The boys will get better, time and development , The lack of top centers ,Utica fans need to relax . 

Hopefully, Jasek can fill one of those center rolls and Gaunce should be back soon. Kero I hope will turn the corner from is mediocre play so far. Boucher looks to be out for a while, that should allow someone a chance to slide into a spot.  If I were cull I would play Jasek, Lind and Dahlen almost every game. Palmu and Gadjovich can take turns until someone turns the corner.  

Obviously, Archie, Macewen, Kero and Bancks look like they will play almost every game.  Woods and Darcy have both been centers and seeing a lot of games.

Carcone, may be the one that fills Bouchers spot for now.

Just need this team to turn things around at home. The first place Checkers and Carolinas Scott Darling in net Wednesday night on a rehab assignment. 

• Upvote 1

I am wondering if Darcy was nursing an injury prior to the last game and that was the reason he sat out while Jasek slipped into the #2 center slot? Either way; Jasek may be an upgrade at center over Darcy as he appears to have a lot more skills to bring to the table.

As a side note; If Gaunce is able to play on Wednesday, I wonder he might slot in as the LW on the top line in place of Boucher.