The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

4 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Well I can stare at his numbers all morning, my ranking order isn't changing...

WIth our final (?maybe not) pick of the 2019 draft the Vancouver Canucks select 2nd among rookie skaters in scoring in the WHL...from the Spokane Chief's, the Centerman who just turned 18 this month and at 17 years old put up 32 goals, 30 assists in 68 games and then 8g, 4a in 15 playoff games...the Dubs rookie of the month of March(great time to peak)

Image result for Adam Beckman news

Adam Beckman!

@Dion Phaneuf

Sonofa...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Vancouver Draft Haul: 

Won't know for years but at the moment I feel like we may have had at least our second most successful draft in my CDCFL tenure. 

The 28th pick in round 1: Matthew Robertson on D ... 33points in 52 games in the dub...4 points in 5 games at the Hlinka/Gretzky Cup, 6'3"

smart defender who blends size and mobility. Can impact any situation while chewing up big minutes

53rd pick in round 2: Nathan Legare at RW ... 2nd in goals scored in the QMJHL, 87 points in 68 games

an intense power forward.  soon as the puck drops, the winger immediately flies around the ice with his blasting speed putting incredible pressure on the puck carrier. He is always at 100 percent and his competitiveness is strong. With this intensity, he wins most of his physical battles on the forecheck and in the defensive zone. 

The 60th pick in round 2: Shane Pinto at Center ... 6'2 university committed next year, point per game pivot by all accounts was a one man show carrying the USHL Lincoln Stars almost single-handedly...

keeps plays alive and does a lot of good work around the net. The 2019 draft prospect has a great work ethic and a nice frame

The 70th pick in round 3: Kaedan Korczak at D ... another 6'2 or better Dman, Kaedan has enjoyed 2 full seasons with the Rockets in the Dub, but a handful of games the year before those, that with U-18 WJC experience and some good dispersal skills could make him a late first rounder this summer

a very smooth skater ... is more than capable at both ends of the ice.  has a strong first pass,  physical when needs to be ... can chip in offensively ... also a great 1-on-1 defender. This season, he was named the Rockets’ top defenceman, which is not surprising given the heavy minutes he logged in all situations

The 82nd pick in round 3: Adam Beckman C ... Just turned 18 and in his rookie season in the WHL put up 32 goals, 30 assists and plus19 at regular strength, went onto score 12 points in 15 playoff games as the competition got stiffer...

Adam Beckman has gone from ‘wait-and-see’ prospect to rookie phenom for Spokane Chiefs

acquired in a trade of draft picks, Adin Hill, G. ... This young netminder got 12 games in the NHL this year due to injuries to the NHL's Yotes starting battery. He won his first 4 NHL starts and compiled a 7 win 5 loss record in his 22nd year of life. Upon being sent back to the AHL Adin went on a five-game win streak, proving the NHL time was incredibly valuable to his maturing in the paint. The 3rd round NHL draftee in 2015 is a welcome addition to help flesh out our team depth

Hill became the youngest goalie in Coyotes history to earn a shutout and set the franchise record for the longest streak by a goaltender to begin a season. For the week ending December 2nd, Hill was named the NHL’s Second Star of the Week for his strong play

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JimLahey said:

New York Rangers select Leevi Aaltonen.

There we go. 9 picks after I selected Norlinder, my other selection I was waffling between gets chosen. Nice one!

Now, where does my next guy go?

• Cheers 1

Believe it or not, it’s been almost 3 days since my last trade and last trade offer. Could I be *gulp* content with my draft this year?

Nope.

Joel Armia available. But not necessarily for draft picks at this point. More roster balance going forward. Also willing to take on a contract that someone isn’t wanting anymore.