The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mass Shooting At Pittsburgh Synagogue

SabreFan1

another sad and tragic event

too often, too regularly, in the usa

i do not wish to divert the focus to guns

but again a gun was used

i say forget about collecting guns already in circulation as a response and effort to control this madness

stop the sale of new high end guns which have a capacity disproportionate to defense purposes

but the military establishment (and nra) will never countenance any restraint on their business

and therein lies the real problem

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

He was a Christian?

As per my response to DonLever,

He had religious writing, scriptures on his social media walls, psalms and verses from the bible.  Mostly espousing violence/hatred.  Whether that means he is one of those Karen's who just get a bible psalm or verse written on them then go get plowed like a sinner the moment after it's done; or is genuinely religious is up for debate

But optically and visually, when you see that stuff so displayed it looks or suggests he was/is

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

As per my response to DonLever,

He had religious writing, scriptures on his social media walls, psalms and verses from the bible.  Mostly espousing violence/hatred.  Whether that means he is one of those Karen's who just get a bible psalm or verse written on them then go get plowed like a sinner the moment after it's done; or is genuinely religious is up for debate

But optically and visually, when you see that stuff so displayed it looks or suggests he was/is

Ahh i c he is white and committed mass murder so in typical hippy fashion you call him a Christian. You always make this assumption when the person is white. You said this about the Vegas shooter and in fact he wasn't religious.

9 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ahh i c he is white and committed mass murder so in typical hippy fashion you call him a Christian. You always make this assumption when the person is white. You said this about the Vegas shooter and in fact he wasn't religious.

Of course she is going for a reaction. However in typical muslim fashion this muslim guy discriminated against non muslims.

If he wasn't such an intolerant person those two would have looked like fools. They hope to expose his and Muslim communities discriminating views and the succeeded.

So generalizing Muslims is kosher with you, but calling a shooter who posted Bible verses to justify his hate a Christian is going too far? Can't be one of yours, can it. :rolleyes:

Of course this is just another non-Christian in a long line of non-Christian white conservatives who uses Biblical verses to justify their actions. They're also no true Scottsmen. 

Maybe you should be a little more tolerant and a little less generalizing, eh bud?

3 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

So generalizing Muslims is kosher with you, but calling a shooter who posted Bible verses to justify his hate a Christian is going too far? Can't be one of yours, can it. :rolleyes:

Of course this is just another non-Christian in a long line of non-Christian white conservatives who uses Biblical verses to justify their actions. They're also no true Scottsmen. 

Maybe you should be a little more tolerant and a little less generalizing, eh bud?

Pretty poor comparison, one is clearly a muslim the other there is no proof he is a Christian. But carry on.

3 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

You got it bud, no proof at all, but all Muslims discriminate. :rolleyes:

Are you a bigot because you're ignorant, or ignorant because you're a bigot?

The ignorant bigots were the people in the video. But hey keep on assuming he is a Christian because he is white. Hippy also did that about the vegas shooter.

The guy is a terrorist that attacked the jewish community period.

21 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The ignorant bigots were the people in the video. But hey keep on assuming he is a Christian because he is white. Hippy also did that about the vegas shooter.

You didn't answer my question, but your dancing around the point leads me to conclude it doesn't matter why you're an ignorant bigot. You just are.

If I may go back to that post I quoted, I must point out the ironing. You discriminate against Muslims in the same sentence you're decrying their discrimination, then bemoan the Muslim's perceived intolerance with a solid doze of intolerance of your own. It's almost poetic.

Anyway, I have better things to do than engage ignorant bigots. As you were.

1 minute ago, Lockout Casualty said:

You didn't answer my question, but your dancing around the point leads me to conclude it doesn't matter why you're an ignorant bigot. You just are.

If I may go back to that post I quoted, I must point out the ironing. You discriminate against Muslims in the same sentence you're decrying their discrimination, then bemoan the Muslim's perceived intolerance with a solid doze of intolerance of your own. It's almost poetic.

Anyway, I have better things to do than engage ignorant bigots. As you were.

Ya like constantly cry why we don't live in a communist society.

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well let's see.  since your ability to read is somehow absent I will post it in crayon and bold the important parts for you and your fan Forsberg

Hope that's large enough to read.  I underlined the important part.  I won't get in to how he continually supported white power anti semetic groups that base themselves off of judeo christian beliefs but only because that would be a lot of writing and I am already tired of responding to you

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Pretty poor comparison, one is clearly a muslim the other there is no proof he is a Christian. But carry on.

So one is a muslim how?  Born to a muslim family?  Has a muslim name?  Is brown?  You know he's a muslim how?  Maybe he was non practicing?  Maybe he had moved on from the religion?  

But no, he's a muslim without proof outside of name/colour of skin; but this guy that posted visible psalms from the bible, photos of scripture is not a christian even though OPTICALLY THAT WOULD POINT TOWARDS THAT CONCLUSION

You got one part right yup.  He is a terrorist.  I find it funny that much of the media that is right of center in America are doing as little as possible to inform people of this guys past, his leanings and his postings.  It's very readily available online to see but theyre not saying anything about him.  Or the Florida bomber either.  I guess sanitizing or white washing the facts keeps people happy that "a bad guy" is off the streets

41 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I guess you don't have better things to do.

Says the person who keeps responding to him ;)

Why do I not believe that if someone posted a bunch of verses from the Koran on social media, then committed a mass killing, you wouldn't be inclined to demand proof that they were Muslim before condemning Islam?

33 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Why do I not believe that if someone posted a bunch of verses from the Koran on social media, then committed a mass killing, you wouldn't be inclined to demand proof that they were Muslim before condemning Islam?

We both know the answer to that

But of course he will not look in to Robert Bowers' background and see the images I spoke of or where he claims he is a christian nationalist which has been cited in numerous reports thus far.  Instead he will say I don't see those, show me them, send a link instead of typing is robert bowers a christian nationlist in to google

For me, if a person claims to be something, posts images supporting it and follows groups that claim to be the same thing or follow the same thing.

Well...if it walks like a duck talks like a duck

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well let's see.  since your ability to read is somehow absent I will post it in crayon and bold the important parts for you and your fan Forsberg

Hope that's large enough to read.  I underlined the important part.  I won't get in to how he continually supported white power anti semetic groups that base themselves off of judeo christian beliefs but only because that would be a lot of writing and I am already tired of responding to you

So one is a muslim how?  Born to a muslim family?  Has a muslim name?  Is brown?  You know he's a muslim how?  Maybe he was non practicing?  Maybe he had moved on from the religion?  

But no, he's a muslim without proof outside of name/colour of skin; but this guy that posted visible psalms from the bible, photos of scripture is not a christian even though OPTICALLY THAT WOULD POINT TOWARDS THAT CONCLUSION

You got one part right yup.  He is a terrorist.  I find it funny that much of the media that is right of center in America are doing as little as possible to inform people of this guys past, his leanings and his postings.  It's very readily available online to see but theyre not saying anything about him.  Or the Florida bomber either.  I guess sanitizing or white washing the facts keeps people happy that "a bad guy" is off the streets

Says the person who keeps responding to him ;)

The guy pointed out he was a muslim. Interesting you assume when dealing with white guys but a person is practicing islam you claim there is no proof. Anyhow continue you on blaming the Christian religion and Trump.

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We both know the answer to that

But of course he will not look in to Robert Bowers' background and see the images I spoke of or where he claims he is a christian nationalist which has been cited in numerous reports thus far.  Instead he will say I don't see those, show me them, send a link instead of typing is robert bowers a christian nationlist in to google

For me, if a person claims to be something, posts images supporting it and follows groups that claim to be the same thing or follow the same thing.

Well...if it walks like a duck talks like a duck

You also claimed that Vegas shooter was a Christian. You said there was proof. So ya.

Archived