The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OFFICAL Bruce boudreau-a legacy of failure thread

On 11/18/2018 at 10:34 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

One can make a case for Luongo to be in the HHOF (note, *NOT* the same as saying he should be in there) when he retires.  Heck, he might be still the best NHL goalie paid by the Canucks at the age of 39 right now.

Yeah he might never be considered one of the all-time great coaches, but we all can't be that.  Nothing to be ashamed about.  Look at Jim Kelly as another example.  Just on teams not good enough to win the Super Bowl but still in the Hall of Fame.

He is easily the best goalie paid by the Canucks right now.  And he should end up in the Hall of Fame.

And Lindy Ruff is the Luongo of coaches.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:53 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

141 games in the NHL as a player.

845 games as a coach

503 wins

243 loses

99 OTL

Better win percentage than Roger Neilson. (To be fair Roger coached some God awful teams). 

He was able to make something out of the NHL. 

Add to that his cameo as a player in the original Slapshot movie. His own personal apartment was the one used in the movie as Paul Newman's character's bachelor pad. C'mon, that's Hall of Fame right there baby. 

Gotta give the guy credit has the pedigree to get his team in the post season. 

But his hard ass moto doesn't work in today's game like it did in the 90s 

I speak from experience not coaching experience but life. I came up in a strict military family a line of generation of my family went to war since the 1900s so my childhood was not rosey. Imagine Torts as your father and Bruce as your mother that's basically my mom and dad.

I will yell at kids younger then me like I knew from my years in my household I swear to koolaid kids $&!# themselves. I had cops called on me because my screaming was to scary for them... that's literally on my record for cops to reference that I am scary when I yell.

These coaches with young players who ride your ass can't succeed fully because kids today don't understand the meaning of hard work. It took the capitals years after Bruce to put it all together by working there ass off. 

Screenshot_20181122-212905_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181122-212917_Chrome.jpg

Archived