The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Marek Mazanec to Canucks for 2020 7th-round pick

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

so they talked for a month, then immediately after the 19 yr old Dipietro gets shelled they go out and easy acquire an AHL G for a 7th rounder?

Kind of sad, these guys get paid alot, seems like an easy decision they could have made the day after Demko was hurt simply as a precaution to go an sign a G without giving up any asset. 7th rounder likely is a nothing pick but some gems who can play in the NHL have gone in that round

Benning can't force a trade, there needs to be a partner and no teams in the west are going to offer a spare goalie to help us out. 

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

so they talked for a month, then immediately after the 19 yr old Dipietro gets shelled they go out and easy acquire an AHL G for a 7th rounder?

Kind of sad, these guys get paid alot, seems like an easy decision they could have made the day after Demko was hurt simply as a precaution to go an sign a G without giving up any asset. 7th rounder likely is a nothing pick but some gems who can play in the NHL have gone in that round

Save your breath. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Benning can't force a trade, there needs to be a partner and no teams in the west are going to offer a spare goalie to help us out. 

I am sure the free agents, the 15 teams out east etc were unable to help. Weed is legal in BC. 

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Quality of those shots were high.  Pouliot was absolute trash all night and Hutton also had a rough game.

there is literally nothing to suggest Pouliot will ever developing into someone who isn't a massive liability in his own zone so we might as well try to get a draft pick who at least has some hope of becoming an NHLer.

The defense has been a problem since year two Willie. Lidster and Baumgartner aren't exactly Larry Robinson behind the bench. I'd plug that hole quick. They need a better offensive mind to coach the D, especially with Hughes coming. 

Interesting comment by Ray Ferraro on TSN when they discussed this situation; he mentions that Demko's camp pressured Canucks management to bring him up to the NHL. He doesn't explain his viewpoint (regarding 'pressure') further.

Discuss.

*no, I am not providing a link, I have notreallythatinterested disorder

Just now, Maninthebox said:

Interesting comment by Ray Ferraro on TSN when they discussed this situation; he mentions that Demko's camp pressured Canucks management to bring him up to the NHL. He doesn't explain his viewpoint (regarding 'pressure') further.

Discuss.

*no, I am not providing a link, I have notreallythatinterested disorder

Better long term contract wise for Demko if he has sufficient NHL experience by then. 

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

One did, the Rangers. Again for the 100th time in this thread Markstrom was healthy until yesterday...

So who was his backup? Was it a healthy Demko? Oh, it wasn't. It was a kid. Interesting, seems like maybe finding someone BEFORE you had to place a child in net and told the world we were bent over the barrel would be a good idea, but I digress. 

1 minute ago, 406in604 said:

So who was his backup? Was it a healthy Demko? Oh, it wasn't. It was a kid. Interesting, seems like maybe finding someone BEFORE you had to place a child in net and told the world we were bent over the barrel would be a good idea, but I digress. 

Lol. Markstrom got hurt the day of the game. Demko was day to day. Just bad luck. 

Mountain of a molehill. 

Just now, 406in604 said:

Just stop bro. Here, have the last word. You're welcome. 

You crushed it out of the park in this thread.  I don’t understand why some fans are unwilling to accept JB messed up here.  He took a gamble he didn’t need to, and lost.  And all to save a very precious 2020 seventh round pick.  JB is still doing a great job otherwise though.  We are looking like a great team coming soon.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You crushed it out of the park in this thread.  I don’t understand why some fans are unwilling to accept JB messed up here.  He took a gamble he didn’t need to, and lost.  And all to save a very precious 2020 seventh round pick.  JB is still doing a great job otherwise though.  We are looking like a great team coming soon.  

Crushed it out of the park? He posted that 7th round picks are valuable via a top ten list as fact against the concrete truth which is more than 80% of 7th round picks a ever make it. 

That list presented as fact is laughable at best. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Crushed it out of the park? He posted that 7th round picks are valuable via a top ten list as fact against the concrete truth which is more than 80% of 7th round picks a ever make it. 

So it was a foul ball.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Save your keystrokes buddy. You can use all the logic you want. People are going to complain regardless of what happens. I'm waiting for the "Let's trade Brock, he coughs up the puck too much" thread that will eventually happen. 

Archived