The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C.’s top court rules province can’t regulate flow of bitumen through Trans Mountain pipeline

Mackcanuck

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

We're demanding it is.  Want isn't strong enough - which is the point.

And that last line is a joke to me.  Honestly.

The oil sands are a disaster and there's no denying that.  The legacy being left for our children's children matters more than the get rich quick scheme that's driving Albertans in this.

No one wants it "done right" like BC....because it's OUR province that will be impacted in a disaster.  Alberta's leaders have exposed their "true" feelings for us...and now we should trust them?  Laughable.

At this point we may as well agree to disagree because I think the biased documentaries made by the Americans to handcuff our energy sector has worked on you. The fact is Alberta's energy extraction is the safest and cleanest in the world. If you hurt Alberta you hurt Canada, even JT of all people acknowledged how Alberta has carried the rest of the country

But I do appreciate the interaction with you, you're reasonable and don't go all hysterical or act like a troll... Kos I'm talking about you haha but actually enjoy back and fourth haha.

34 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't disagree with you at all and I think you're missing my point. I'm not saying you're wrong I'm saying and disagreement with Quebec is not in either parties plans imo.

but that is my point, you avoid that with pux by rail. 

Albertans are like the person you broke up with in highschool that keeps stalking you....

The government of Alberta launched a $1-million pro-Trans Mountain expansion advertising campaign Thursday, including a digital billboard above the street at the International Village mall in downtown Vancouver.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/alberta-launches-last-minute-1-million-trans-mountain-promotion-in-vancouver

• Wat 1

17 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Albertans are like the person you broke up with in highschool that keeps stalking you....

Alberta is not your highschool gf you can break up with and forget, if you are BC. Alberta is your fellow sibling, who like you is a minor and you must listen to the mummy and daddy of the family, which is the federal govt. BC is a non-entity when compared to Canada, so is Ontario, Quebec and all the other provinces. We need a political platform to make Russia style counties, a superior form of central governorship in model.

13 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Alberta is not your highschool gf you can break up with and forget, if you are BC. Alberta is your fellow sibling, who like you is a minor and you must listen to the mummy and daddy of the family, which is the federal govt. BC is a non-entity when compared to Canada, so is Ontario, Quebec and all the other provinces. We need a political platform to make Russia style counties, a superior form of central governorship in model.

Move to Russa if that is what you are looking for.  simple solution.     Hopefully you are hetero though.... as you know how Russia treats its citizens right ?

• Wat 1

It amazes me that peeps like KOS, Deb and other posters on this board lack the self awareness that the fantastic lifestyle they are used to and the amenities they take for granted are all brought to them by the burning of fossil fuels. Even if they never personally bought another drop of gasoline, the massive carbon footprint that they are responsible for is off the charts.

Just now, wiseupsucker said:

It amazes me that peeps like KOS, Deb and other posters on this board lack the self awareness that the fantastic lifestyle they are used to and the amenities they take for granted are all brought to them by the burning of fossil fuels. Even if they never personally bought another drop of gasoline, the massive carbon footprint that they are responsible for is off the charts.

It amazes me that you actually posted that nonsense.    

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, wiseupsucker said:

meh, you are a MASSIVE net contributer to the actual destruction of the environment, deny it all you want

Meh,  no original thoughts in this post.  Nothing added to the discussion. 

You are correct though... if every human on earth perished... the earth environment would be in  a better situation.

Not a very realistic solution though is it ? 

• Wat 1

21 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Move to Russa if that is what you are looking for.  simple solution.     Hopefully you are hetero though.... as you know how Russia treats its citizens right ?

Or you can move to a more transit friendly & oil un-friendly country if thats what you are looking for too. Simple solution. 

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

There is nothing nonsense about the fact that you are one of the worst polluters on the planet, in the worst 5-10% of humanity. 

You have zero clue as to how i live my life.  I have never shared any of that info with you.   So your conjecture is purely speculative and in all likelihood extremely inaccurate.  I though you said earlier you appreciated science.... ?  Were you just kidding about that ?

• Wat 1

No of course it's not, and anything you state is nothing that's really original too

So I work as a pipe fitter so I'm going to take a look at something like drinking water.

Let's look at the environmental impact of you pouring yourself a cool glass of water.

First of all, I've never seen a single piece of pipe(carbon or stainless) originate from north america. I've seen China, Vietnam and other countries that are fantastically long ways away. How does that pipe get here? Well, usually by massive shipping vessels all chugging along burning fossil fuels. Massive amounts of fossil fuels.

That's just the steel pipe, there's also the plastics of warious forms that are made of oil that are also shipped here using fantastic amounts of fossil fuels.

Lets not forget the transportation and placing of that pipe. Trucks, cranes and forkilifts(I betcha that most of that was imported at huge costs)

Anyways, I could go on...

Is that nonsense KOS?

Are you denying your part of this KOS?

Just so you can take a shower this morning you were responsible for the burning of a MASSIVE amount of fossil fuels

1 minute ago, wiseupsucker said:

No of course it's not, and anything you state is nothing that's really original too

So I work as a pipe fitter so I'm going to take a look at something like drinking water.

Let's look at the environmental impact of you pouring yourself a cool glass of water.

First of all, I've never seen a single piece of pipe(carbon or stainless) originate from north america. I've seen China, Vietnam and other countries that are fantastically long ways away. How does that pipe get here? Well, usually by massive shipping vessels all chugging along burning fossil fuels. Massive amounts of fossil fuels.

That's just the steel pipe, there's also the plastics of warious forms that are made of oil that are also shipped here using fantastic amounts of fossil fuels.

Lets not forget the transportation and placing of that pipe. Trucks, cranes and forkilifts(I betcha that most of that was imported at huge costs)

Anyways, I could go on...

Is that nonsense KOS?

Are you denying your part of this KOS?

Just so you can take a shower this morning you were responsible for the burning of a MASSIVE amount of fossil fuels

Scratching my head trying to wonder what is the point of your post.....

Are you suggesting that all humans should take space craft now to find a new planet ?   Do you think this suggestion of yours is realistic ?

• Wat 1

What I'm saying is that you lack perspective, you think that by opposing any new initiatives that you've done your job and can feel all smug - it shows a lot by your attitude, when in actual fact you are just as culpable as anyone else. Also, it might make you think deeper, even more critically? about the incredible Surrey living that you tout. You seem to be ignorant of the excellent quality of life you enjoy daily without the background ramifications on climate change you are so passionate about.

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You have zero clue as to how i live my life.  I have never shared any of that info with you. 

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

So your conjecture is purely speculative and in all likelihood extremely inaccurate.  I though you said earlier you appreciated science.... ?  Were you just kidding about that ?

There is nothing conjecture about the fact that you, the average Canadian, is in top 10% of the polluters on the planet. This is scientifically verifiable fact. And yes, you have shared snippets of your lifestyle that shows you do drive a car, buy long distance trucked goods, etc. that make you a worse polluter than rest of the planet. 

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Scratching my head trying to wonder what is the point of your post.....

Are you suggesting that all humans should take space craft now to find a new planet ?   Do you think this suggestion of yours is realistic ?

No, what he is suggesting is that people like you, who import goods from long distance away instead of having local industry, because its locally 'dirty' are worse for the planet's health than people who are willing to have industry in their own back yard and spew more carbon closer to home. People like you are the worst kind of hypocrites for this reason. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuckistani said:

There is nothing conjecture about the fact that you, the average Canadian, is in top 10% of the polluters on the planet. This is scientifically verifiable fact. And yes, you have shared snippets of your lifestyle that shows you do drive a car, buy long distance trucked goods, etc. that make you a worse polluter than rest of the planet. 

Your nose is growing..... i have never said anything about owning a car.......     

You are showing your lack of science when you take a statistic and infer it to the entire population.   Did n't you learn this in the MS excel certificate program you graduated in ?

• Wat 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Your nose is growing..... i have never said anything about owning a car.......     

Yes, you have. 

You are showing your lack of science when you take a statistic and infer it to the entire population. 

False. Each and every person in Canada is a bigger polluter than the average of Uganda. That is a statistical fact. 

Did n't you learn this in the MS excel certificate program you graduated in ?

I know enough science to call out the hypocrites like you who are worse hypocrites than rest of the planet. Anonymity is not going to save you from the fact that living in Surrey makes you a top 10% polluter on the planet, period. 

• Cheers 1