The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Who would you trade the 10th OA for?

2 hours ago, Seannnp said:

That's crazy!! I didn't post it with the original post but Ghost, Theodore and Connor, along with Werenski were the ones I would go after.

For those that are commenting Hughes, McDavid, etc. I don't think that ever happens even if we add (Boeser, Horvat, Petey and Hughes not included)

With Calgary not having a 1st this year, do you think they would give us Hanifin for 10th? 1 for 1?

I am sure they would.  He averages a block, a hit and a shot and a half per game.  He just ins't very involved.  He reminds me an awful lot of Ben Hutton.  I am not sure I want to give up the best trade chip the team has for Ben Hutton. 

I would consider Rasmus Andersson, Sam Bennett, James Neal and 26th for 10th, Sutter and Eriksson.  Not the best possible deal but it moves the team forward.  RD is a position of need and Rasmus is ready to play.  Sam Bennett has good upside left in him and is already an everyday player.  Neal for Eriksson swap essentially.  It sucks to give up the 10th overall but you get rid of two contracts, add two young players with upside, retain a pick which you can use on a defenseman and lastly Neal may find a fit with Petterson.  I mean he is only 31.   If you have to balance it out then 3rd pick, Goldobin, Schaller, whatever can be added; but the value should be fairly close.

Edited by CaptainLinden16

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] Who would you trade the 10th OA for?