The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [I Cuori Spezzati] - Nightfall Sunday at 11 PM PST

Rate this topic

AV.

Just now, otherwise said:

I can't believe you bought it.

I mean we never really bought it. We had so many mislynches to spare so why not? Especially since you'd only be delaying the inevitable one more round.

And I hoped the vig would've shot you in the night just to be sure.

I guess we really did have an odd night only vig, lol.

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

I mean we never really bought it. We had so many mislynches to spare so why not? Especially since you'd only be delaying the inevitable one more round.

And I hoped the vig would've shot you in the night just to be sure.

I guess we really did have an odd night only vig, lol.

I feel like you know more than you're letting on.

10 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

He told me he was suspended.  I had no idea he was banned, which makes things a lil different.

Oh well, I guess I'll GK because I do like BJ's point.

@Generational.EP40 has been god-killed.

Banned from the game is what I meant. I have no idea if he is banned/suspended. I haven't spoken to him since the announcement. I was only talking about the game, not his CDC eligibility.

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

Banned from the game is what I meant. I have no idea if he is banned/suspended. I haven't spoken to him since the announcement. I was only talking about the game, not his CDC eligibility.

Banned from the game because this game is obviously not lasting 10/9 more days or however long he has left. He was obviously not going to return by the end of it, which is why I thought it was unfair.

@blowen @Jay

Your opinion isn't wrong or anything. I just don't think we necessarily have to go to the extreme of automatically God Killing a player that can't post on CDC. In a past game I proxy'd a player into the game through email. This player was actually a serial killer. In another game, I had a player get suspended but instead of God Killing them I found a replacement player to fill their role. 

I don't really really agree with God Kills unless they are absolutely necessary because they are unfair to the team losing the player. But I suppose it can also be unfair to the other team if a player isn't God Killed or replaced. 

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

@blowen @Jay

Your opinion isn't wrong or anything. I just don't think we necessarily have to go to the extreme of automatically God Killing a player that can't post on CDC. In a past game I proxy'd a player into the game through email. This player was actually a serial killer. In another game, I had a player get suspended but instead of God Killing them I found a replacement player to fill their role. 

I don't really really agree with God Kills unless they are absolutely necessary because they are unfair to the team losing the player. But I suppose it can also be unfair to the other team if a player isn't God Killed or replaced. 

I do agree there are alternatives to just killing a player off when they are suspended/banned. However, at this point of the game, we can't reasonably ask a sub to come in at page 218. If this was the first or even second round still, I probably wouldn't be so tight about the situation.

Bottom line for me, however, is that any player that can't post on their accord shouldn't be allowed to continue. It's not fair to either faction no matter how you look at it. If it's not written in the mafia rule book yet, it probably should be.

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

I do agree there are alternatives to just killing a player off when they are suspended/banned. However, at this point of the game, we can't reasonably ask a sub to come in at page 218. If this was the first or even second round still, I probably wouldn't be so tight about the situation.

Bottom line for me, however, is that any player that can't post on their accord shouldn't be allowed to continue. It's not fair to either faction no matter how you look at it. If it's not written in the mafia rule book yet, it probably should be.

Own* accord