The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If someone gives Boeser a HUGE offersheets should we match or let him walk and collect the picks?

Rate this topic

Gator

I am a huge Boeser fan and I am on record saying I believe this guy can become a 40-50 goal scorer 1 day. That being said there is no certainty and there is a bit of injury concern there.

I'm down for a 2-5 year show me deal around 6-7M per, but if someone offers him 7 years $10M+ per should we just let him walk and collect the 3 1st round picks? At least I believe it's 3 1st rounders

We could collect the picks in hopes of them becoming lottery picks and hopefully use that money on Panarin 

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I am a huge Boeser fan and I am on record saying I believe this guy can become a 40-50 goal scorer 1 day. That being said there is no certainty and there is a bit of injury concern there.

I'm down for a 2-5 year show me deal around 6-7M per, but if someone offers him 7 years $10M+ per should we just let him walk and collect the 3 1st round picks? At least I believe it's 3 1st rounders

We could collect the picks in hopes of them becoming lottery picks and hopefully use that money on Panarin 

https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator

10,569,000 or less is only 2 first round picks. Not really worth it letting him go unless its over that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

If anyone offers Boeser 70 million over 7 years they should be fired lol.

I would take the picks.

But we all know the Brock star is staying in Vancity!

Let's hope so ::D

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

10,569,000 or less is only 2 first round picks. Not really worth it letting him go unless its over that. 

I think I'd match and then trade him to them for the extra 1st lol

Actually I take that back, I'd trade him to their rival for less

Edited by Brock Botanen

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

I think I'd match and then trade him to them for the extra 1st lol

Actually I take that back, I'd trade him to their rival for less

You can't trade him for a year after you sign him from an offer sheet, I think anyway.

Just now, peaches5 said:

You can't trade him for a year after you sign him from an offer sheet, I think anyway.

Well he would be that much better when their rivals got him LOL

I hope we sign him soon because I'm getting anxious about it 

Just now, Master Higgins said:

From what i understand its because he didnt play at least ten games in his first season so he doesnt qualify 

So he signs our deal with no other option? That don't sound right

7 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

actually its the following - which I think you take. You can't over pay guys and expect to compete long term

2 First Round Picks
1 Second Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

4 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

He could choose arbitration and an arbitrator would then decide how much he is worth on a one year contract.

Edited by peaches5
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

He may have the option to play in europe, but i’m not sure. I doubt it comes down to that anyways, sounds like none of the rfa s want to sign first is all. Luckily we dont have to worry about an offer sheet 

Just now, 18W-40C-6W said:

actually its the following - which I think you take. You can't over pay guys and expect to compete long term

2 First Round Picks
1 Second Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

That is a terrible return for a potential 40 goal scorer who is 22 years old. You match it and then trade him a year or so later like the Predators did with Weber.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Master Higgins said:

Boeser cant be offer sheeted, so dont worry about it

I'm pretty sure it's any RFA. He fits into the group 2 RFA so he is eligible for an offer sheet.

5 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

That is a terrible return for a potential 40 goal scorer who is 22 years old. You match it and then trade him a year or so later like the Predators did with Weber.

If he hits 40 he's worth it, when he hasn't yet and if he doesn't good luck trading him for that amount of picks or equivalent with a 10 mil salary