2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

12 hours ago, Azzy said:

You could be kind to the next GM and buyout Jamie McGinn:

$6m owed over 2 seasons

$4m owed in a buyout

$4m owed over 4 seasons

$1m buyout cap penalty

Means $2m AAV saved, which would get them under if Buff comes back and may even allow them to keep Cody Glass up. I think most GMs would prefer the Commissioner team to run the GM-less teams like their own (barring trades and signings of course) so that the next GM isn't left at a disadvantage.

Sorry, my own team doesn't provide me with much joy so I'm edging my way in onto Calgary now :lol:

I think there's only $1m saved, but it's still better than nothing. We'll likely wait and see what happens with Byfulgien before taking action if no GM is hired.

sItG4ev.png

small.png Justin Abdelkader - 1 year, $1m

small.png Korbinian Holzer - 1 year, $750k

small.png Kyle Wood - 2 years, $800k

small.png Josh Anderson* - 3 years, $625k

small.png Landon Bow - 1 year, $625k

small.png Jesper Fast - 4 years, $2.5m**

small.png Riley Sheahan - 1 year, $1m

small.png Joel Farabee - 3 years, $1.25m

small.png Brady Keeper - 2 years, $800k

* - This is Josh Anderson, Colorado defenseman.

** - Ottawa has used extension 1/2.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

sItG4ev.png

small.png Justin Abdelkader - 1 year, $1m

small.png Korbinian Holzer - 1 year, $750k

small.png Kyle Wood - 2 years, $800k

small.png Josh Anderson* - 3 years, $625k

small.png Landon Bow - 1 year, $625k

small.png Jesper Fast - 4 years, $2.5m**

small.png Riley Sheahan - 1 year, $1m

small.png Joel Farabee - 3 years, $1.25m

small.png Brady Keeper - 2 years, $800k

* - This is Josh Anderson, Colorado defenseman.

** - Ottawa has used extension 1/2.

Josh Anderson is my roommate's cousin

I will tell him he is officially a member of CDC puck!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Baer. said:

Josh Anderson is my roommate's cousin

I will tell him he is officially a member of CDC puck!

His words were "no way" apparently they aren't actually full cousins. different grandfathers, same grandmothers.

Edited by Baer.

The Ottawa Senators are sad to see defenseman Dan Girardi announce his retirement today. After an outstanding career, he ends with 927 games played over 13 years, including playing in the first-ever NHL game I watched in person. We wish him well in retirement, particularly with his charitable work which one could argue will leave just as much legacy as his playing career:

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/news/former-lightning-defenseman-dan-girardi-announces-retirement/c-309334350

After bugging them for weeks to arrange for Dan's demotion to the minors and subsequent cap penalty to be applied, the Senators remain grateful to the league's Executive now that we're asking them to retire Dan's contract and remove both the cap retention ($2.75m) and cap penalty ($4.5m) from our team page @Master Mind @thejazz97 @Salter @Jaku

This, of course, may help Arizona as it frees up an additional $2.75m right on top of the season starting...

25 minutes ago, Azzy said:

The Ottawa Senators are sad to see defenseman Dan Girardi announce his retirement today. After an outstanding career, he ends with 927 games played over 13 years, including playing in the first-ever NHL game I watched in person. We wish him well in retirement, particularly with his charitable work which one could argue will leave just as much legacy as his playing career:

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/news/former-lightning-defenseman-dan-girardi-announces-retirement/c-309334350

After bugging them for weeks to arrange for Dan's demotion to the minors and subsequent cap penalty to be applied, the Senators remain grateful to the league's Executive now that we're asking them to retire Dan's contract and remove both the cap retention ($2.75m) and cap penalty ($4.5m) from our team page @Master Mind @thejazz97 @Salter @Jaku

This, of course, may help Arizona as it frees up an additional $2.75m right on top of the season starting...

oh hell yeah brother

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Looking to make a low tier swap of players. I would like to shed about $1M-$2M in cap space. Names like Maatta, Boychuk, Boedker, Scandella or Bellemare, I am looking to move. Don't even bother asking for anybody else. My goal is to make a slight downgrade or give a prospect in return for taking on a bit of cap.