The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[POLL] How did management do at UFA?

Rate this topic

koregen

How did management do at UFA?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Be nice if they could find that top six winger they were hoping for but it sounds like the cap is an issue now.

There was a guy named Miller they signed.   He is a top 6 (and perhaps top 3) winger.    Given they have Pearson, Boeser, Baer and Miller - that is a decent top 6 set of wingers.   The price of the top 6 guys in this FA period (term as much as $) has been insane.   Miller is on a really good deal.   Meyers just signed for what seems to be a discount (certainly not a premium) and so the CAP issue can be addressed with some other moves but it would appear only overpayments would result.   Did you have one signing in mind?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, koregen said:

With Luongo retirement and that extra 3 mil cap hit, I don't think it was an option. I was really hoping for Nyquist as well. There is a reason Luongo "out of his own pocket" paid for an add in the province to thank the fans after announcing his retirement. He is trying to save face because his decision completely screwed the Canucks while helping his team.

I think they have to flog a couple like Sutter and Ericsson... easier said than done though. I doubt Lui was "save face" with his ad in the Province, he is a classy dude and really respects all fans and even management. He knows there is a business side to things and crap happens.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Be nice if they could find that top six winger they were hoping for but it sounds like the cap is an issue now.

Name someone....don't worry about CAP right now and simply name someone you would have signed if you were Vancouver.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Name someone....don't worry about CAP right now and simply name someone you would have signed if you were Vancouver.

?? Doesn't matter to me i'm not in charge! Just heard Smyl saying they would like to get a top six winger... then Lui retired!

1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

?? Doesn't matter to me i'm not in charge! Just heard Smyl saying they would like to get a top six winger... then Lui retired!

I think JB said another top six winger.  He already got Miller.  I think Miller is perfect for Petey and Bess.  We could do with a playmaking winger for Bo and Pearson.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I'm hoping we can shed Eriksson or Sutter and sign Ferland. Those Calgary games would be fun to watch. 

It's kinda funny all the people who said "doesn't matter how much he gets paid, its not your money" Fair enough but now when you want to trade him, no other team wants him because of his contract!

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

AHO isn't a UFA.   You wanted Vancouver to surrender all those picks for AHO?    Which of Horvat or EP40 are you cutting loose?

All those picks ? 1st 2nd and 3rd hell yes id do that deal every day of the week Aho for 8.4 is a steal.

Edited by hammertime

The point is people like you say "they didn't sign a top 6 winger" and then don't note which one as given the prices, no amount of CAP space would have made sense for the Canucks today.   They got their Top 6 prize on draft night with Miller.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Seems like you make A LOT of topics with one-line posts that don't contribute much to the discussion.

Part of me sees your avatar as the face you make when people go "omg... another koregen thread"

And this post contributes what to the discussion? Vague threads beget pointless posts is what we're meant to glean from this gem I suppose?.....Oh crap, now I did it! 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

The point is people like you say "they didn't sign a top 6 winger" and then don't note which one as given the prices, no amount of CAP space would have made sense for the Canucks today.   They got their Top 6 prize on draft night with Miller.    

And Miller is in his prime and on s great four year contract.  The wingers like Zuc got term and dollars and they’re old,  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Yes Smyl said they were looking for a top six centre in free agency... what part of that don't you understand? 

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

All those picks ? 1st 2nd and 3rd hell yes id do that deal every day of the week Aho for 8.4 is a steal.

Not just the picks.   Which is EP40 or Horvat do you cut loose?   Your incoming Captain or your budding superstar?

Yes Smyl said they were looking for a top six centre in free agency... what part of that don't you understand? 

I don't understand you you and Smyl want to cut loose one of Horvat or EP40.    That is the part I don't understand.    Explain it to me.