The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[POLL] How did management do at UFA?

Rate this topic

koregen

How did management do at UFA?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The winner of the WTF award goes to   " Florida ".    

Not our Canucks. :gocan:

I love the comments today about the negative fan base in Vancouver. Are some of us negative or just not stupid. 

• Haha 4

I have posted, more than twice on Benn, 20 plus times on Myers?

He was the best target for us in free agency.  Not perfect.  But speed, skill, size, although he should use it more.  A 40 point 6'5'' RHD?

And for a fair price considering its UFA.  A

And I love Jordie Benn.  

Love it! :towel:

• Upvote 2

Thought we did well today. Addressed our biggest needs. Myers and Benn were great additions at decent costs and terms. And letting Hutty, Pouliot and Granny walk were necessary to improve. 

Florida gets the biggest F for fail on the ludicrous Bobrovsky contract . Way too much $ and the NMC for 5 year... ick :sick:

Oilers may not have Chiapet anymore but management isn’t improving this team at all (Smith.. really?)

The Jets and Jackets were the biggest losers today: Jets lost Trouba in trade earlier, then Tanev and Myers today. Ouch.

Jackets lost: Panarin, Duchene and Bob. Double ouch. 

• Upvote 3

.can we just remind ourselves that benning acquired a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman in a week and a half?

we all thought it would need to be one or the other this summer

as well as checking off depth on D, centre and goaltending on the to-do list

• Upvote 1

I'm not upset by the signings at all. I think the Myers deal is fair, and I like Jordy Benn for that price. We have 6 NHL defensemen and Fantenberg/Biega are probably not the worst 7/8 pair. He adressed some holes in Utica and has the summer to sign Boeser. I'd like one more bonified forward, or I'd like Green to keep Loui with Pearson and Bo and build his trade value, he also played well with Petey and Goldie early in the year so I still think there's some value. 

But if he can offload Loui with out giving any future picks away I'd be ok with that. I'd also like Gaudette to play first line centre in Utica and get some experience so he can develop into a solid #3 centre. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have posted, more than twice on Benn, 20 plus times on Myers?

He was the best target for us in free agency.  Not perfect.  But speed, skill, size, although he should use it more.  A 40 point 6'5'' RHD?

And for a fair price considering its UFA.  A

And I love Jordie Benn.  

Love it! :towel:

Wow I didn't know he was 6'5". That's awesome.

Although he's a skinny bugger for that height I'll take it!

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well, I just don't know what to think when people want to dump Bo. I bet some on CDC would do it "for picks" :lol:

Nobody said dump Bo, the conversation was trading him in a package for Aho which I have a hard time believing anyone wouldn't do. Aho is already a point per game player at 21.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kloubek said:

I think Benning did well. Still question if Myers is worth 6, but that's the UFA market for you, and at least it isn't 7x7. We really couldn't expect better if Myers was the target.  Benn is a good signing and we got some depth on d too.

I first didnt like the Miller signing but I finally realized that is the price you pay for guaranteed talent who plays the style of game we need.

Overall, I give Benning a B+.

He would get an A from me if he manages to get Loui the heck out of here without giving anything up.

My feelings to a T - especially once I did some looking into the type of player JT is and bringing in some proven home town talent is always a bonus