The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why did Trudeau change the law for activists?

Rob_Zepp

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

ne would rightfully ask why she didn't ask these questions back then.  They are valid now and are valid then.

My understanding from reading her stuff is she is uber focused on the energy sector so probably why she noticed but I could be wrong.   Either way, just because one groups does it, why not try and be better (particuarly if you campaign on promise of doing just that).   I hate this paving of the way for corruption and other crap "because the last dude or dudette did it too".   

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

The problem is that regardless of Harper and Trudeau, politicians are inevitably involved in shady politics. I find it hilarious that people lament the 'good times' of Harper in light of Trudeau, yet completely forget that Harper muzzled A LOT of environmentalists from speaking at his events.

From how I see it, the Libs in its current form are no better than Conservatives (especially with Scheer). It's time we demand better candidates for our country, regardless of the party banter.

What's the point in having a crappy government under the Liberals or the Conservatives if they contradict themselves with their policies?

A lot of truth here, but there's a bigger question that all Liberal, Conservative and NDP governments have sought to suppress. A question that if answered openly and correctly would fill our streets with anarchy and civil unrest, leading us down the road to revolution.

If a man changes his clothes does he not remain the same man? 

When we dig a little deeper and strip away the veneer, we find that the same handlers control all three major political parties. The "change" of government is just another shirt put on the same man. The "Liberal", "Conservative" and "NDP" tags become labels to categorize and divide the sheeple so they can be more easily manipulated and controlled. 

Western political theory is but a perfect example of the Hegelian Dialectic of "Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis", - Ordo Ab Chao - Order out of Chaos!

hegelian-dialectic.jpg

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Doesn't matter what you say.  In certain areas there is a firm belief that he bought it, wasted all that money just to do everything in his power to ensure it didn't happen.  we live in an era of instant information; people choose to believe opinion because they cannot stand being wrong

From the start I think he knew the roadblocks but bought it just to look good PR wise, unfortunately its a major tax burden on all of us just for a PR stunt since I still have a hard time seeing it making any money as long as its government run even if it ever does get running.

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Doesn't matter what you say.  In certain areas there is a firm belief that he bought it, wasted all that money just to do everything in his power to ensure it didn't happen.  we live in an era of instant information; people choose to believe opinion because they cannot stand being wrong

That's exactly what @kingofsurrey said multiple times.

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hating all things Trudeau has become so entrenched in Alberta mythos that I believe its become a principle. No fact can ever change that. 

It started with his dad and now this clown can't even say Alberta on Canada's 150th birthday. Can't wait till the day after the federal election...at that point we will have no elected ndp or liberals in the province federally or provincially.

11 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Trudeau also legalized the marijuana... WTF??

That's good. Invest thst money into the military or pay down the defecit.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

It started with his dad and now this clown can't even say Alberta on Canada's 150th birthday. Can't wait till the day after the federal election...at that point we will have no elected ndp or liberals in the province federally or provincially.

I’m down with education and healthcare but that’s just me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Just be honest with your answer.

While it was flawed, had they sat down to work on it and had the NEP actually been enacted and gone through.  Would Alberta and the nation be better off as an energy exporter?

And we don't listen to KoS

Edited by Warhippy

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just be honest with your answer.

While it was flawed, had they sat down to work on it and had the NEP actually been enacted and gone through.  Would Alberta and the nation be better off as an energy exporter?

And we don't listen to KoS

You make a good point but there was no negotiating it was Trudeaus way or the highway...that was the biggest problem.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You make a good point but there was no negotiating it was Trudeaus way or the highway...that was the biggest problem.

I think it was the last minute change that was the issue.  But Mulroney certainly lied his arse off in a rush to dismiss and sell off all assets we owned