The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dallas proposal

I've been wondering about a trade possibility with Dallas too ,

Loui for Jamie Benn ( not a straight up trade , c'mon! )

Benn is rumored to want out after being called out by ownership and Lou has his family moved back to Big D already apparently

Flame on ! :gocan:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly Green said:

I've been wondering about a trade possibility with Dallas too ,

Loui for Jamie Benn ( not a straight up trade , c'mon! )

Benn is rumored to want out after being called out by ownership and Lou has his family moved back to Big D already apparently

Flame on ! :gocan:

I don’t see any scenario where Vancouver ends up with Benn and manages to dump Ericksson in the same transaction.  Even in an off season he still managed 53 points last year. Take that out and he’s a point per game player (give or take) going back 5 or 6 seasons.  The only way Dallas does it is if Pettersson is included with Ericksson. (Which of course Vancouver would NEVER do ) 

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I don’t see any scenario where Vancouver ends up with Benn and manages to dump Ericksson in the same transaction.  Even in an off season he still managed 53 points last year. Take that out and he’s a point per game player (give or take) going back 5 or 6 seasons.  The only way Dallas does it is if Pettersson is included with Ericksson. (Which of course Vancouver would NEVER do ) 

I was thinking Gaudette and the extra cap space might be enough to get it done myself.B)

Dallas was very solid defensively last season - they allowed the 2nd fewest goals.  Their problem wasn't defence but scoring and Tanev doesn't help them there.  He's also a UFA in one year.  

Honka is available because he is waiver eligible and they have too many Ds.  In the off-season they've added Sekera and are also hopeful that Stephen Johns will play after missing all of last season due to concussion symptoms.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kelly Green said:

I was thinking Gaudette and the extra cap space might be enough to get it done myself.B)

Not for Honka, we may pick him up free on waivers.

I do like Honka though.  I made a thread proposing Goldobin.