The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Tales From The Dungeon [Game over; Mafia win)

Rate this topic

AV.

Keep in mind that in my last scum game, my second one ever, I was incredibly thoughtful and had calculated risks with every post I made. Here, I didn’t even think about the vote count when I unvoted, or how the lynch would play out. I just knew I couldn’t vote for either of the candidates, and voting for anyone else that close to nightfall would look even worse. 

12 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Keep in mind that in my last scum game, my second one ever, I was incredibly thoughtful and had calculated risks with every post I made. Here, I didn’t even think about the vote count when I unvoted, or how the lynch would play out. I just knew I couldn’t vote for either of the candidates, and voting for anyone else that close to nightfall would look even worse. 

You know this is meaningless though, right?

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

You're a pretty new player. Can you describe yourself to me so I can better understand you? I just have a couple questions in that vein.

Do you think you've found a style that you're comfortable at this point? If so, what is it?

You mention that you had a good scum game last go around. What lessons did you learn that game that you think will help you be a better player in the future?

You talk about your scum game here  but not your town game. What's town you's MO?

2 hours ago, SixFootFiveAndJackedAF said:

@luckylager @Blue Jay 22

Does hoggers speak correctly on Falcon here? Is his solving hollow and forced?

Also, Hoggers what about ZFetch? I think he's someone you'd want to talk about at least in passing

I agree with the overall in game assessment of falcon, but don’t agree with it being a scum tell for him, at least not yet. I think you can criticize him for his lack of conviction near the EoR which may ring hallowness, but falcon has been pushing his scum candidates pretty hard this game and at crucial times of the game. I think he’s more guilty of potentially pocketing reads than forcing them, because if his reads on MR and Zfetch are forced, then so are mine because they echo each other.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Maple said:

You're a pretty new player. Can you describe yourself to me so I can better understand you? I just have a couple questions in that vein.

Do you think you've found a style that you're comfortable at this point? If so, what is it?

I try to force reads out of people, and if someone doesn’t explain fully, I want to be the guy to get an explanation. 

You mention that you had a good scum game last go around. What lessons did you learn that game that you think will help you be a better player in the future?

That was a one time thing. If I play even remotely similar to that, it’s an easy lynch on me. It really just showed that gameplay and style varies from game to game, so there’s less value in drawing from past contests than most think

You talk about your scum game here  but not your town game. What's town you's MO?

I want to be the guy to hold everyone accountable for what they do. Going back and reading the thread, thinking of other, less conventional ways to find scum (angleshooting is an example, the “a-ha!” moments are another), and forcing reads out of people. 

I haven't been able to do that as much because of the personal stuff, but that’s what I strive towards. 

1 minute ago, Stamkos said:

I try to force reads out of people, and if someone doesn’t explain fully, I want to be the guy to get an explanation. 

That was a one time thing. If I play even remotely similar to that, it’s an easy lynch on me. It really just showed that gameplay and style varies from game to game, so there’s less value in drawing from past contests than most think

I want to be the guy to hold everyone accountable for what they do. Going back and reading the thread, thinking of other, less conventional ways to find scum (angleshooting is an example, the “a-ha!” moments are another), and forcing reads out of people. 

I haven't been able to do that as much because of the personal stuff, but that’s what I strive towards. 

I see, thank you for responding.

Regarding the middle, I suppose that means it would be in my best interest to completely disregard your prior post describing your previous scum game, and your claim that it being very different from here is a good look. Sounds good to me :)

7 minutes ago, Maple said:

I see, thank you for responding.

Regarding the middle, I suppose that means it would be in my best interest to completely disregard your prior post describing your previous scum game, and your claim that it being very different from here is a good look. Sounds good to me :)

Some players use past games as justification for their reads, however, I am not one of them. The earlier post was for those who do use it, and the second is my overall take on it. Of course, there are always patterns that persist, but it shouldn’t be the only reasoning for a lynch. 

Also, the reason I left for a year was because I didn’t feel that I was able to integrate into the group, per say. There used to be a big issue where the community was divided into distinct cliques, and games were not genuinely fun to play anymore, as I felt I wasn’t able to get into either. 

It looked like with the addition of LL meant that this was changing, but now I’m wondering if that’s starting to come back. Especially since there’s three new people coming in and seeing how fast Aladeen turned on me. That whole “it fits your personality” thing that he said may have been out of anger, but I still don’t get why it was directed at someone with my history in the group. You can bet your a$$ that it wouldn’t have happened the same way if BJ, MR or Falcon were the one talking to him. 

I’m going to try and finish this game, but I don’t know if I’ll be back in the near future. Yes, I know I keep contradicting myself, but a lot of it has to do with the back and forth I’m doing with myself. 

/rant

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

Also, the reason I left for a year was because I didn’t feel that I was able to integrate into the group, per say. There used to be a big issue where the community was divided into distinct cliques, and games were not genuinely fun to play anymore, as I felt I wasn’t able to get into either. 

It looked like with the addition of LL meant that this was changing, but now I’m wondering if that’s starting to come back. Especially since there’s three new people coming in and seeing how fast Aladeen turned on me. That whole “it fits your personality” thing that he said may have been out of anger, but I still don’t get why it was directed at someone with my history in the group. You can bet your a$$ that it wouldn’t have happened the same way if BJ, MR or Falcon were the one talking to him. 

I’m going to try and finish this game, but I don’t know if I’ll be back in the near future. Yes, I know I keep contradicting myself, but a lot of it has to do with the back and forth I’m doing with myself. 

/rant

We love you just sometimes mafia makes us Russian mob mad

2 hours ago, Maple said:

this is beyond sketch.

2 hours ago, Stamkos said:

What? How are we supposed to consider your own opinion on your play last game? Have you considered we may not agree whatsoever with how you feel you played last time?

Then you say "I didnt even think about the vote count when I unvoted"...how is it possible for us to know what your thinking, especially if your mafia and can just come up with any old reason for why you unvoted at a crucial time in the game?

You didn't consider the vote count when you unvoted with like a half hour left? How on earth is that townie in the slightest? Scummy as hell, and your reasoning for it is just as scummy.

DM needs more attention, hes just skating by based off the fact that he's always sketchy. When he's TP, ya hes scummy, but he also actually tries to solve the game in his own sketchy way.

I haven't seen any of that this game. Just a bunch of memes and the occasional 2 liner about what's happening in the game. Garbage.

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

@DarthMelvin - you asked about the phone -

I went back into my pm with AV and prodded him for a more clear answer. The reality is, BJ didn't move at all in R1. Not towards anyone or anything.

If you want to be super paranoid I suppose you could tinfoil your way into believing BJ somehow knew there'd be a contraband phone, he'd be targeted in R1, so he didn't get involved in the maf pm. Would take a whole $&!#load of tinfoil though.

I can't say he would know anything to that effect. What I am curious about is whether it would make him confirmed tp. But it does.seem that way so maybe we should not assume that. 

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

Some players use past games as justification for their reads, however, I am not one of them. The earlier post was for those who do use it, and the second is my overall take on it. Of course, there are always patterns that persist, but it shouldn’t be the only reasoning for a lynch. 

Yet you want us to use your past game when you were scum to give a town read on you this game? Seems more than a lil' hypocritical