The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Tales From The Dungeon [Game over; Mafia win)

Rate this topic

AV.

26 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

DM needs more attention, hes just skating by based off the fact that he's always sketchy. When he's TP, ya hes scummy, but he also actually tries to solve the game in his own sketchy way.

I haven't seen any of that this game. Just a bunch of memes and the occasional 2 liner about what's happening in the game. Garbage.

hold up stop GIF

I have been posting.. players have been asking ??? And I have asked ???s seems like someone has been skimming. Typical maf.

I'll be honest guys, I've just not been that motivated this game. Mostly down to weekends usually meaning less free time for me, and with a disaparate range of activity from much of the roster (myself included) I've just not been able to get amped up for the game after the opening few pages. As I've said, my game relies heavily on re-reading and vote analysis, and I feel unable to properly do that for aforementioned reasons. I have suspicions (some of them have been voiced) but they're not based on any hard evidence at the moment.

I think the most helpful thing I can do at this point is worry less about finding the scum and worry more about making sure you all recognise my townie-ness and prevent my own mislynch. That's actually fairly easy for me to do. I'm not one for tricks and clues and such anyway (I've even had to resort to posting literal pictures of breadcrumbs) so let's just get this out there: I'm lucky's benefactor of contraband materiel. I'm a prisoner who knows how to get things but is a bit foolish and mixes things up sometimes. So I can provide gifts, but it's a bit random and I can accidentally send the wrong things (or nothing) and it might even be intercepted by the guards. I think I've figured out how to send things to lucky now, at least, but beyond that I'd need a bit of trial-and-error to control my role more accurately.

It likely won't be very helpful in finding mafia, and at the moment neither am I. But, yeah. Don't lynch me. This isn't my scum game; it's just a poor town game.

17 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I'll be honest guys, I've just not been that motivated this game. Mostly down to weekends usually meaning less free time for me, and with a disaparate range of activity from much of the roster (myself included) I've just not been able to get amped up for the game after the opening few pages. As I've said, my game relies heavily on re-reading and vote analysis, and I feel unable to properly do that for aforementioned reasons. I have suspicions (some of them have been voiced) but they're not based on any hard evidence at the moment.

I think the most helpful thing I can do at this point is worry less about finding the scum and worry more about making sure you all recognise my townie-ness and prevent my own mislynch. That's actually fairly easy for me to do. I'm not one for tricks and clues and such anyway (I've even had to resort to posting literal pictures of breadcrumbs) so let's just get this out there: I'm lucky's benefactor of contraband materiel. I'm a prisoner who knows how to get things but is a bit foolish and mixes things up sometimes. So I can provide gifts, but it's a bit random and I can accidentally send the wrong things (or nothing) and it might even be intercepted by the guards. I think I've figured out how to send things to lucky now, at least, but beyond that I'd need a bit of trial-and-error to control my role more accurately.

It likely won't be very helpful in finding mafia, and at the moment neither am I. But, yeah. Don't lynch me. This isn't my scum game; it's just a poor town game.

Hey, all my townies -

MR is full of $&!#

AV gave me the phone with my role pm. "Prisoner with contraband phone"

Simple as that.

My vote will stay on MR and will not move no matter what. 

The guy is 100% scum. (Even though he's probably a really great guy IRL)

But you're busted.

Just to make sure -

UNVOTE

VOTE MASTER RADISHES

Side note, if MR can figure out a way to get me a battery charger or a new phone, I'll take my vote off him and tell everyone.

I'll need to reread the thread and scrutinize his posts for more crumbs.

I thought he was trying to make some weak soft claim with the breadcrumbs, but the only ones that lead back to him are covered in filth and scum.

There's absolutely no questioning this. His slips.

His soft play.

The 112 offing had his fingerprints on it and I said so after nightfall.

The laugh emoji.

If you just admit it we can all lock our votes and tune in tomorrow.

Although it will be a lot of fun to see if anyone has the balls to claim a gift receipt. It might help MR's cause.

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

I made a comment somewhere about having more in my back pocket to hint at giving more phones/items.

I also called myself a fool twice as my role is foolish prisoner.

Not great crumbs but as I say, I'm not one for tricks and things. I prefer straightforward play.

Stop trying to confuse people

Scum play

Okay. Well, lucky, maybe this will provide a good lesson for your mafia development. As I said earlier in the game, TP do stupid, silly things - in this case, assuming a roleclaim in thread about a phone was their doing. :lol:

But this is why I left those breadcrumbs I mentioned. It's so you recognise I'm not just making this up out of nowhere.

It's nearly 1am here and I need to go to bed. I'd urge you not to succumb to confirmation bias. But if you do, no hard feelings; the reasoning for lynching me may be poor, but that's as much my fault for not providing better reasons to townread me.

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

Okay. Well, lucky, maybe this will provide a good lesson for your mafia development. As I said earlier in the game, TP do stupid, silly things - in this case, assuming a roleclaim in thread about a phone was their doing. :lol:

But this is why I left those breadcrumbs I mentioned. It's so you recognise I'm not just making this up out of nowhere.

It's nearly 1am here and I need to go to bed. I'd urge you not to succumb to confirmation bias. But if you do, no hard feelings; the reasoning for lynching me may be poor, but that's as much my fault for not providing better reasons to townread me.

Oh you're good, chap.

But until anyone comes forward in your defense and admits to receiving a gift that they hadn't received in their original PM, I'm going to push your wagon hard.

Seriously, you're outed bub. Pants off and naked

I will literally wear the same pair of gitch every day for a week and then add them to my next soup if you flip town.

1 minute ago, Maple said:

I did not receive a gift. Could you please reiterate your claim? Because it is not completely clear to me.

Basically I get to choose a player and they get a gift (a one-off power). But it's random - players are unknown to me, identified only by letters (A, B, etc). Powers are also random (1, 2, etc). The mafia could be included among those recipients. It's possible the gift turns out to be nothing.

I randomly chose player B in R1 (it's a day role), and shortly into R2 lucky posted about receiving a contraband phone. Naturally I assumed he was player B, and he seems town to me, so I sent him another gift today.