The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

spacer.png

I am eminently excited for the opportunity to take over the Nashville Predators and build a contender.

We have a relatively young core with great depth all-around, so things are definitely looking up in Nashville.

With that being said, we have a couple of contracts that we would aim to shed before the trade deadline.

Without a first-round pick this season, we are open to trade discussions in the hopes of boosting our roster.

Our trade block includes Komarov, J. Johnson, Schneider, Hanzal, Hagelin, Bogosian and possibly more.

Looking to move Cory Schneider as soon as possible. Komarov and Hagelin are available as rentals.

Our first priority is adding more NHL talent upfront, but prospects and picks would be beneficial too.

Feel free to PM me to initiate trade talks :)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Alexander Khovanov B)

GP: 31

Goals: 22

Assists: 41

Dude is killing it. But, you know, Minnesota prospect. The only benefit there is that there’s quite literally nobody else in front of him to challenge for their #1 center job. Or #2 center. Or #3...

If these guys don’t get traded IRL to competitors, my postseason looks awfully bleak:

Matt Dumba

Alec Martinez

Joe Thornton

Radim Simek

Not only that, but the Jets likely missing the playoffs is a huge blow, as well, not to mention Panarin and the Rangers missing out, too. Panarin, Laine and Buff (who likely wouldn’t play anyway) being out is a massive, massive loss.

The best I can hope for is Dumba and Martinez get moved, and I regroup and go deep next year. I know “never say never,” though. Did not expect to go 3 rounds last year. I’ll still likely make the playoffs, which is always the goal. And Carter Hart as my long term starter will help with that continued goal. Once the trade deadline is a little closer, I’ll be able to see for sure where my team is at.

It is nice to see that the future of the Isles looks really, really bright. Continued success has been the goal since taking over, and my youth really looks to add to that:

Alex Barre-Boulet

Shane Bowers

Alexander Khovanov

John Beecher

Noah Cates

Nikolai Kovalenko 

Alexander Barabanov 

Konstantin Okulov

David Farrance

Scott Perunovich

Carl-Johan Lerby

Mattias Norlinder

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen 

Ivan Prosvetov 

Strong possibility that the bolded will all see some time in the NHL next season, particularly Boulet, Khovanov, Bowers, Barabanov, Okulov, Lerby, and Perunovich. However, Barabanov and Okulov still have to sign the rumoured contracts that were reported back in November. If that happens, that would be great. If not? Whiff.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:47 AM, Rush17 said:

Playoff Bound Players available via trade

Ryan Dzingel (NTC - must be on his list)

Patrick Maroon (NTC - must be on his list)

Joakim Nordstrom

David Kampf

Jason Demers

Chris Tanev

Braydon Coburn

Likely trade NHL trade candidate

Trevor Lewis

The Ask

I am looking for prospects, picks, or young roster players.

Still open to active trade talks. Have a few teams interested. Will pull the trigger closer to the TDL.

PM me with an offer. if its really good I might just bite on it now.

14 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

re-signings  and elc offers one pm per player or can we do it in one pm?

Re-signings (if player in fact wants to extend) can be done in one PM.

No ELC offers until after the trade deadline, please.

• Upvote 1

Waivers: The Vancouver Canucks waive Phil Di Giuseppe, if he clears, please assign to the minor league's Utica Comets.

Waivers: The Vancouver Canucks waive Christian Folin, if he clears, please assign to the minor league's Utica Comets.

Assignment: The Vancouver Canucks assign Sam Lafferty to the minor league affiliate Utica Comets.

Assignment: The Vancouver Canucks assign Alexander Carrier to the minor league affiliate Utica Comets.

Activation: The Vancouver Canucks activate Christian Wolanin from IR.

Recall: The Vancouver Canucks recall Denis Guryanov from the Comets.

Thank you for your time.

It is going to be tough to chase down DaBeast, Canuck Surfer and Kobayashi Maru, but we are certainly going to try to live up to the task. In the back half I hope to bolster the D a little with returning IR guys,  and perhaps see more work for Jake Allen. We may add one or two near the deadline, but would need to make a lot of sense to make a deal. No plans to interrupt our prospect pipeline (pretty happy with it actually) for a shot in the dark at post season success. Will be watching the situation closely from the war room. It is better to be IN than OUT when it comes to playoffs in any given year. Rebuilding endlessly is a suckers game.