The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

26 minutes ago, Tylez said:

Missed out on a great return from Matt Benning last night!

Activate: Tampa Bay activates Matt Benning from the IR

Assignments: Tampa Bay assigns Jacob Larsson and Antti Suomela to the minors

@Nail

Tampa Bay keeps Jacob Larsson on roster pending deal.

25 minutes ago, Tylez said:

On another note, as well as Braun, Curtis McElhinney is available for the first pick offered in 2020!!!!

Not to play spoiler, but Justin Braun no longer available. McElhinney however still is. First pick in 2020 offers to me get him

Carolina is open to offers on Kevin Hayes. With some big RFA raises coming, won't have space to re-sign him.

Looking for a similar player at a similar cap hit ($3M after retention), but who is signed for at least 1 more season.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS - January Update

Sitting comfortably in a wildcard spot, it's safe to say that the Isles will be heading to the post-season for a 5 year in a row. Over the last two years, I've been hesitant to commit one way or another on where my club is going in the short term, after building a solid prospect pool. However, I think it's time to start the plunge, sell some of my high end prospects, and try and go all the way. So, I think it's time to test the waters 100% this time and see what comes in the next 4 weeks. So, in order to push for the Cup, I'm making all my prospects, including the major ones, available for a blockbuster. If 5 trades happen, awesome. If 1 happens, great. If none, them's the breaks.

Now, just because I'm making all of them available, and that I'm more inclined to look for a strong playoff player coming back, that doesn't mean that I won't entertain the idea of a prospect swap or a pick(s) coming back, instead. My preference is a playoff player, but again, won't turn away from other ideas. Notes beside most players. If I don't have something in more detail (ie: Scott Wheeler rating for example), that's because a write-up is pending, due to club prospect rankings not yet available. This took me a long time to put together.

Forward Prospects - Signed

Alex Barre-BouletThe Athletic's Scott Wheeler's #1 rated Tampa Bay Lightning prospect
Shane Bowers - 28th overall pick in 2017 draft, now an Avalanche prospect. In his first 7 games in the AHL this year, had 1 point. Since being moved to LW, he has 19 points in 25 games, his rookie season in the AHL. 
Mark Kastelic - Ottawa Senators overage, 5th round draft pick in 2019. The Calgary Hitmen captain has 47 points in 40 games, with 59 PIMs. When drafted, the Senators compared his game to Mark Stone.
Tye Felhaber - Came into the year as one of the top ranked prospects, and he has struggled, much like the rest of the Texas Stars AHL team. Currently ranked 13th on Scott Wheeler's Dallas Stars prospect list, the book on him is that he needs to work on his top speed. He has the offensive tools to succeed. Timetable now looks to be somewhere in the 2021 season before he gets his chance in the NHL.
Keegan Kolesar - 2015 3rd round pick, who received his first NHL call up for the Vegas Golden Knights last month. He's been less aggressive this year (see: PIM totals), which is his calling card, focusing more on a complete game in order to be more reliable defensively, which has seemed to payoff. Likely a consistent 4th liner next season in the NHL.
Andrei Chibisov - Chibisov has been a decent player in the AHL this year, his first after coming overseas for the Winnipeg Jets. His big thing he's still trying to get over is communication barrier. However, he's tied for 3rd in points for the Moose, as well as tied for second with 71 PIMs.
Nicholas Abruzesse - The Maple Leafs used a 2019 4th round pick on the 20 year old, who's in his first year playing college hockey (Hardvard). Currently has 23 points in 19 games. The Athletic's Scott Wheeler has him ranked as the Leafs #6 prospect.
Valtteri Puustinen - Pittsburgh Penguins 2019 7th round pick. The Athletic's Scott Wheeler has him ranked as the Penguins #6 ranked prospect. The 20 year old has 32 points in 38 games in the Liiga league, and ranks in the top 3 under 21 scorers in Liiga.
Olle Lycksell - Flyers 6th round pick in 2017, the 20 year old has already eclipsed his point total in the SHL from last year, and is the 5th leading scorer on his team (which is the 3rd worst team in the league). Already has a career high in points, with a lot of games to go.
Konstantin Okulov - The Maple Leafs have heavily recruited Russian players over the last several years, most recently with Ilya Mikheyev, who's been a slam dunk for them. This year, the highly coveted player they are after is 24 year old Okulov. While they haven't signed him yet, the front runners appear to be them and the Habs. Most teams have stopped trying to recruit him, as it's believed it's a two horse race at this point.
Peter Abbandonato - This was to be my second Tampa Bay signing that I hoped to be another Alex Barre-Boulet. Unfortunately, Abbandonato has not transitioned as smoothly as the former. After minimal success in 14 games in his first season in the AHL this year, he was sent down to the ECHL, where he has 12 points in 13 games.
Teemu Turunen - 6th leading scorer in Liiga, the 24 year old is following up an already strong season last year, where he finished 3rd overall in points. Rumours of several Canadian teams, recently coming up on TSN1290 yesterday that the Jets, Flames, and Oilers are trying to lure the Finish born player their way.
Alexander Barabanov - Recent reports are that the Arizona Coyotes are the front runner for Barabanov. Funniest thing I read a few months ago is that his club, SKA St. Petersburg (first in their division) was so upset that he wasn't going to extend his contract with them and head to the NHL, that they started to drastically reduce his ice time because of it. How professional :lol: 
Egor Korshkov - Maple Leafs 2016 2nd round pick, who is in his first year in the AHL after playing in the KHL for the last 5 seasons. Currently injured with a lacerated leg, he was steadily improving, with 16 points in 27 games. The report was that he really only needed to work on his English, in order to better communicate on the ice. Otherwise, he's the type of player the Leafs don't really have in their system, which is a big bodied winger who can stand in front of the net.
Nathan Smith - Winnipeg Jets 2018 3rd round pick, who's the #9 ranked Winnipeg Jets prospect by The Athletic's Scott Wheeler. In his first year in the NCAA, the 21 year has transitioned really well, with 19 points in 25 games, getting 2nd line. The book on Smith is that he's an elite passer and stickhandler, but not a scoring threat. Translation: If there's a 2 on 1, he's passing or, if open, the other player is shooting.
Jayden Halbgewachs - Undrafted forward, Halbgewachs is the #14th ranked prospect in San Jose's system, according to Scott Wheeler. After his rookie year in the AHL last year, which saw him get 35 points in 64 games, Jayden will definitely eclipse that this year, as he currently sits with 24 points in 39 games. And considering how awful San Jose has been this year, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get some games soon, especially with injuries piling up with the big club, and the soon to be fire sale.

Defense Prospects - Signed

Carter Berger - Florida Panthers 4th round pick from 2019, who's in his first college season. Currently sits with 7 points in 23 games. Pure offensive defenseman who is a long term project.
Jonathan Kovacevic - Winnipeg Jets #8 ranked prospect, currently in his first season with the Manitoba Moose. The 2017 3rd round pick has 10 points in 31 games, and is 1 of 8 players on the Moose who's a "+" player, leading the team with +10.
David Farrance - Scott Wheeler of The Athletic ranks Farrance as the Predators #2 prospect. David currently leads his entire Boston University team in points, with 29 points in 24 games (11 goals). He has more points than teammates Trevor Zegras. Not a physical defenseman, which is fine. Has an explosive stride and, as shown by his goals, is one of the reasons Boston's powerplay is so efficient.
Olle Alsing - The Ottawa Senators signed Alsing as a free agent, with the intention that he plays this year in the SHL to finish up his time there. They just wanted him signed. Currently has 20 points in 36 games, which is an improvement year over year on his point totals. Currently ranks 9th in the SHL for defensemen in scoring. However, at 23 years old, he's the 2nd youngest on the list (the other being 19 years old who's a first round draft pick by the Rangers). All the other players are 28 years old or in their 30s. Alsing is expected to join the Senators next year.
Dennis Gilbert - 2015 3rd round pick by the Blackhawks, Dennis not only made his debut this year for Chicago, but he's still on the lineup, with 20 games, 3 points, and 38 PIMs (good for for 53 pool points). Since his time in college till now, the Hawks have seen him as their replacement (finally) for Niklas Hjalmarsson (who he's played more games than this year and has more pool points).

Goalie Prospects - Signed

Ivan Prosvetov - Won the bidding war on Ivan last summer, and sure as sh*t glad I forked out the cash to do so. In his mid-season ranking, Corey Pronman had him ranked as the #3 goalie prospect, behind Spencer Knight and Ilya "Will he ever cross the pond" Sorokin, and just ahead of Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. Scott Wheeler also has Prosvetov ranked as the Coyotes top goalie prospect, and 6th top prospect in the system. I can't keep Hart, Ukko, and Prosvetov long term, but I'm also not eager to move him out, either.
Logan Neaton - Winnipeg Jets 2019 5th round draft pick, Logan took the advice from current Winnipeg Jets starter Connor Hellebuyck, and decided that going to the exact same college as him was in his best interest for development. At the moment, Logan is the backup to starter Tyler Wall (Rangers 2016 draft pick) who is turning pro after this season, so the net will be his next year.
Hunter Shepard - The University of Minnesota-Duluth starter is in his final year of college, and looking to 3 peat at the Frozen Four this year (which is why he didn't turn pro last year). However, Hunter already made history last week, in which he made his 105th consecutive start, breaking the NCAA record. There's one thing I know really well, and that's goalies who have a track record of playing a ton of games have an easier transition to the pro game than those who don't. In 5 years, Hunter has played 159 games of hockey. Oh yeah, and he's the team's captain this year. No big deal.
Timur Bilyalov - The 24 year old Russian goaltender currently sports a 1.33 GAA, alongside an outstanding .947 save percentage. Reports came out that, again, Toronto is the front runner for Bilyalov's services, as they do not have an acceptable backup to current starter (who also needs a friggin break), Fredrik Andersen.

Unsigned Prospects

Serron Noel - The 2018 2nd round pick of the Florida Panthers nearly made the jump this year to the NHL, but was on the final cuts. At 6'6", Noel is an absolute beast. However, coaches are trying to get him to throw his body around more, as he's a much more skilled player.
Alexander Khovanov - Ranked #3 on Scott Wheeler's top prospects for the Minnesota Wild, right behind Kirill Kaprizov and Matthew Boldy, Khovanov is just destroying everything in sight. 68 points in 34 games in his last year in the CHL. 8 points in 7 games at the World Juniors. 200 foot responsible game, which is unheard of for a Russian, especially at this age.
Scott Perunovich - 29 points in 25 games for the 2 time Frozen Four Champ (who's looking for the 3 peat), Scott chose to go back for one more year to make history before turning pro, something St Louis really wanted him to do after last season. The #1 ranked prospect by Scott Wheeler in St Louis' system, Perunovich models his game after Torey Krug. The difference? Perunovich has outproduced Krug offensively in each season he's been in college compared to Krug at the same age.
Nikolai Kovalenko - Nikolai's father, Andrei Kovalenko, experienced a long and fruitful NHL career himself, so the Colorado Avalanche 2018 6th round pick has a wealth of experience to help him reach his goal. This year, as a 20 year old, he has 19 points in 48 games, smashing his 6 points in 33 last year (the youngest on his team). Nikolai has one more year on his contract in the KHL, at which point he plans on crossing the pond to play with the Avs (2021 season).
Ben Jones - Been a trying first year for Jones, the Golden Knights 2017 7th round pick. After destroying the WHL last year, he is now in the ECHL, trying to get his confidence and scoring touch back, after 22 games in the AHL which saw him in a limited role. 
Luke Henman - 2018 4th round pick by the Hurricanes, Luke Henman has always been a responsible two way player, focusing more on his 200 foot game than his point totals. However, the 19 year old leads his team in points by a wide, wide margin, with 60 points in 47 games (20 goals), the next closest teammate has 48 points. Will be turning pro next year and in the AHL.
Noah Cates - Like teammates Scott Perunovich and Hunter Shepard, the 2017 5th round pick by the Flyers is looking to win his 2nd Frozen Four title. His 23 points in 24 games trail only team leader Scott Perunovich. Last year, Cates had 23 points in 40 games. He's already reached that total in his offensive breakout year.
Simon Johansson - After a terrific start to the year, Minnesota's 2018 5th round pick has stalled out, with 5 points in 26 games in the SHL. However, the 20 year old (still young) has eclipsed his point totals from last season, and is on the 2nd pairing on his team. Hard to get PP time as well when teammate (and future Sen) Olle Alsing is crushing it
John BeecherThe Athletic's Scott Wheeler's #2 ranked Boston Bruins prospect. Already NHL built, in regards to size and skating ability. Likely a 3rd line player who chips in some offensively with PIMs.
Michal Teply - The 2019 4th round pick by the Blackhawks has been having a terrific first year in North America for the Winnipeg Ice, as he currently sits with 43 points in 37 games, to go along with 5 points in 5 games at the World Juniors. Teply has a terrific, NHL ready shot, but is actually working a lot more on his two way game. Seen him play live over a 10 times this year already. Fun player to watch.
Domenick Fensore - Already has an uphill climb, as he's not only 5'7", but currently has David Farrance hogging all the first unit PP time. However, in his first season in college, the 2019 3rd round pick by the Hurricanes has 14 points in 24 games (along with 3 goals), 2nd among defensemen on his team.
Mattias Norlinder - Love Norlinder. The 2019 3rd round pick by the Habs has been having another brilliant season, as he has 15 points in 32 games. Already has the skating and hockey IQ to play in the NHL, so the Habs are just wondering "when" with him.
Ethan Keppen - The Athletic's Scott Wheeler's #18 ranked Vancouver Canucks prospect (2019 draft pick)
Connor Dewar - 2018 3rd round pick by the Wild, Connor is having an "ok" rookie season in the AHL, with 11 points in 35 games. The team has struggled to score and keep the puck out of the net, so his +7 (tied for 3rd on the team) is especially impressive.
Tyler Tucker - The Blues 7th round pick in 2018 currently has 36 points in 38 games, and was just recently traded to the Flint Firebirds (a not as stacked team offensively). However, after a few short games, Tucker was able to find his groove, and now has 7 points in 10 games with Flint. Will be turning pro next season. Ranked #5 for the Blues top prospects by Scott Wheeler.

Prospects on ELCs (will put notes in tonight for them, have to head out)

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Carl-Johan Lerby
Isaac Ratcliffe

Reach out with offers!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Nail changed the title to CDC Fantasy League 2019-20 [Trade Deadline: February 24th, 10:00 PM PST]
33 minutes ago, Nail said:

REMINDER

The trade deadline is February 24th 2020 at 10:00 PM PST. All trades must be sent in to myself and/or @Master Mind and confirmed by both GMs before the clock strikes 10.

For those interested, our Discord server link is: https://discord.gg/22UBqpR

Could be a great way to kickstart some trade talks!

I will be out of town starting the afternoon of the 23rd. If you wish to talk trade before hand hit me up. We have a few pieces we would consider moving. Ask on our players if you feel inclined.