The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bailey | #95 | RW

Crabcakes

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Googlie said:

2 shorties!!  Did Green ever use him in a PK role in his 2 cups of coffee with the big club?

He did in his second cup of coffee this season...  don't quote me as to how much of a chance he got but I do remember Bailey being on the PK before he just fizzled out.  

Perhaps confidence at the NHL level is still lacking, because he's got all the tools to be a full time NHLer. 

12 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He did in his second cup of coffee this season...  don't quote me as to how much of a chance he got but I do remember Bailey being on the PK before he just fizzled out.  

Perhaps confidence at the NHL level is still lacking, because he's got all the tools to be a full time NHLer. 

But he didn't fizzle out - he received a heavy hit in the corner that dislocated a shoulder and he was off for over a month.  I don't think he was recalled after his return

57 minutes ago, Googlie said:

But he didn't fizzle out - he received a heavy hit in the corner that dislocated a shoulder and he was off for over a month.  I don't think he was recalled after his return

That was last year when he got hit by Lucic.  Am I forgetting an injury this year? 

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That was last year when he got hit by Lucic.  Am I forgetting an injury this year? 

Ah - you are right. So I guess "fizzle" would be the appropriate word, as in "didn't explode onto the scene"

I honestly can't remember any of his shifts from earlier in the year 

2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

That is how Bailey looked last time in the AHL before he got brought up and before he got hurt. He can be a real force out there.

Not a popular message but Benning did make a lot of good moves.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I have serious reservations about Bailey. Big body & great speed should be a stand out on the fore check, he wasn't. I could see him realy putting a serious hit on opposing D'men, he didn't. Like they used to say about Michele Pettite all the tools but no tool box

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

A broken watch is right twice a day.

My issues with Benning is his awful cap management, his trading of draft slots during a rebuild, his inability to get any return from assets lost (Toffoli, Tanev, Markstrom, etc., the fact that two fifth overall picks were disastrous, the fact that he couldn’t field a decent defence, and made poor choices in his head coaches. In summary, he was an awful cap manager, poor at selecting coaches, wasted draft picks, that his early choices in his high first round picks was poor, and that he presided over poor player development (i.e. the farm team), and wasted valuable assets.

Nothing major, just most of what a gm is responsible for. But other than that, he gave us lots of time (8 years almost) to learn how to enjoy losing, and we found out why nobody selected Cole Lind. On a more contentious point, those who believe a team should have a modicum of toughness might note that we gave away MacEwen and Gadjovich (credit to JB that he had selected them in the first place) but those players did pretty much earn that full time job on their new teams. 

Oh yeah, Forsling, who, in 68 games, has 9 g 27 a 36 pt and is +40 In Florida... a dominating player in his junior World Cup for a guy who scarcely made a dent in the NHL in a Clendenning.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...