The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bailey | #95 | RW

Crabcakes

6 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It's time to start a thread for Justin Bailey.  Size, skating, leadership.....wants to make the Canucks but is more of a tweener and will be a nice veteran addition to Utica.  67 NHL games, 213 AHL games.

Yes, he is underappreciated. Agreed on making a new thread.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

6'4"   214 lbs

...as per The Hockey News.

Size means nothing if you don't plan on using it - Just ask Alex Grenier. 

So far he hasn't demonstrated the skill to score consistently at the NHL level, and he hasn't thus far shown he has the grit/physicality to play that role either unfortunately. 

By no means am I writing him off as a useful asset, but let's be honest, this is his third organization he's belonged to - the clock is ticking for him....

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Size means nothing if you don't plan on using it - Just ask Alex Grenier. 

So far he hasn't demonstrated the skill to score consistently at the NHL level, and he hasn't thus far shown he has the grit/physicality to play that role either unfortunately. 

By no means am I writing him off as a useful asset, but let's be honest, this is his third organization he's belonged to - the clock is ticking for him....

I have no opinion on the guy....just stating his size.  You are probably right.

14 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I have no opinion on the guy....just stating his size.  You are probably right.

I hear you.

I fully acknowledge prospects all develop at different rates and at different times in their careers - I justifiably defer to JB's superior talent analysis any day.  Let's hope JB sees in him what I (and others) can't and that this player can continue to develop into a useful asset to the organization. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I hear you.

I fully acknowledge prospects all develop at different rates and at different times in their careers - I justifiably defer to JB's superior talent analysis any day.  Let's hope JB sees in him what I (and others) can't and that this player can continue to develop into a useful asset to the organization. 

Organizational depth runs from the 1st line on the Canucks to the extra players on the Comets.  Guys like Bailey are necessary even if they never make it to the big club.  He's going to be part of the leadership group in Utica.  He doesn't produce much in the bigs but has scored 20 or more a couple of times in the AHL

My 2 cents.

• Cheers 1

@Crabcakes

Don't be confused

Cmon pal, we've been doing this long enough.

It's called a joke. It's something people do to make others (and themselves) laugh. Typically people will use words to either shock or confuse other people into a sound that usually comes from the belly and is pronounced something like "haha".

PS. Your old avatar was more crabby. Just sayin 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

@Crabcakes

Don't be confused

Cmon pal, we've been doing this long enough.

It's called a joke. It's something people do to make others (and themselves) laugh. Typically people will use words to either shock or confuse other people into a sound that usually comes from the belly and is pronounced something like "haha".

PS. Your old avatar was more crabby. Just sayin 

Sorry Lucky, I was playing along.  They may both end up 1RW's but in different leagues.  

I guess there is only 1 way people are taking the confused face.  I'll change it so others get what I mean't

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Sorry Lucky, I was playing along.  They may both end up 1RW's but in different leagues.  

I guess there is only 1 way people are taking the confused face.  I'll change it so others get what I mean't

Nah. I'm not upset. 

Just admit you think he'll be a great Boeser sub.

• Haha 2