The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Nucks @ Flames / Flames @ Nucks

Rate this topic

xereau

Looks like Flames have a stacked team for both games. Just kidding it’s the first preseason games. It’s early auditions so I’m routing for Goldie to show some grit and hard work.

also on the Brock not signed the Pix of him and his dad is a bit emotional. Even if Brock was signed he shouldn’t be at camp he should be spending time with his Dad at this time IMO. It’s a crazy’s situation he’s in right now. Anywho...

Go Canucks Goo

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

So stoked to see Woo. This kid really could impress and steal a spot. 

No.  No he can not.

I watched training camp live and he has the worst conditioning on the team by far.  He has a lot of work to do before he makes the team.  I'm pulling for the kid though he is a super nice guy.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

More to whine about, wahoo!

It's only game 1/2 of preseason. If you ever followed a preseason, you would know they weren't going to ice an A squad. The fact that they're playing in Victoria at all is a privilege. If you want to whine and complain then perhaps the Canucks should never come back to Victoria for camp again.

I guess you want to see EP dominate only to have some plug end his season in Victoria?

EP was flying in camp and gave everyone a show already. There's not much rust to shake off for him and we have a game tomorrow.

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Brouhaha said:

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, and if not I apologize, but does anyone know anyone selling a ticket for the game in Vic? The one offer I found was 200$ a ticket. Haha. 

Prices just dropped after the line up was announced :lol: I would wait a bit longer and look again...

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

I'd be lying if I said my excitement level didn't just take a bit of a nose-dive. 

Really? There's so much to see though. Many players that for many are the first time to be seen in Canuck colours in a game. Get to gauge some prospects and depth. Get to see if the Goldy experiment works. Get a look at Miller. This is a beauty part of preseason.

Lots of guys trying to stand out and make a name for themselves tends to lead to some fisticuffs. If they didn't charge so much for preseason games, I'd love to go to them all.

The guys sitting out tonight are generally the guys that don't really need to battle for a spot. They will get more games in the last 2 or 3 games to build chemistry with their linemates while the final bubble guys battle for a spot.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

More to whine about, wahoo!

It's only game 1/2 of preseason. If you ever followed a preseason, you would know they weren't going to ice an A squad. The fact that they're playing in Victoria at all is a privilege. If you want to whine and complain then perhaps the Canucks should never come back to Victoria for camp again.

I guess you want to see EP dominate only to have some plug end his season in Victoria?

EP was flying in camp and gave everyone a show already. There's not much rust to shake off for him and we have a game tomorrow.

remember Virtanen and McDavid?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, WiDeN said:

Are we gonna see a MacEwan/Lucic scrap? If I were MacEwan trying to make this team, I'd jump at the opportunity to scrap one of the most prolific heavy weights in the game. 

I am so glad I'm not Zack MacEwan. Haha. 

MacEwan isn't a fighter.  He will fight, if he has to, but that's not his role, not even close.