The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Nucks @ Flames / Flames @ Nucks

Rate this topic

xereau

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Kind of sucks for the folks living in Victoria hoping to attend their first Canucks game and wouldn't be able to watch Pettersson play live.

If people are honest with themselves, it seems like a pretty standard pre-season lineup.

I like that it looks like Benn will be starting in front of his home town crowd.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Flames' projected lines and pairings for the game in Victoria:

Tobias Rieder - Mark Jankowski - Austin Czarnik

Dillon Dube - Alan Quine - Matthew Phillips

Ryan Lomberg - Byron Froese - Buddy Robinson

Justin Kirkland - Adam Ruzicka - Dmitry Zavgorodniy

Oliver Kylington - Rasmus Andersson

Brandon Davidson - Michael Stone

Andrew Nielsen - Alexander Yelesin

Artyom Zagidulin

Tyler Parsons

I recognize 3 of those names.

• Haha 1

Aren't people excited to see the highest paid player on the team dominate?!?!

For real though, this is basically an AHL lineup with an NHL starting line. Bo's line should be fun to watch and hopefully some of the other players step up - I'm especially looking at Gaudette. 

Interesting perspectives on the lineup.  I thought preseason games were to give the coaching staff a chance to see players in action, find out who on the overall roster you want on the big club, who moves to the farm team and who gets cut.  

Given that the Calgary team in Victoria is mostly their B team, I don't see an issue with holding out some of the players like Hughes, Petterson, Juolevi that you might not want some AHL thug taking a run at when that AHL thug might be trying to make a name for themselves/earn a spot on their roster.  

All the practice icetime leading up to the preseason games gives the local community a chance to see/meet the stars on the team, once preseason starts it should be more about the icetime, the players and how the final roster will be structured.  

I don't really see it as a marketing opportunity lost.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

last preseason i support...you will not sell more than half a rogers i bet you against the oilers or the senators..this game will be best out of all the pre season games..rest will be low crowds ..even abottosfrod game will not e sold out I'm sure..

half.of rogers arena is still more than a sellout in victoria ...

but regardless, don't you think what you're pointing out might be EXACTLY why they've set the roster as they have? they know that victoria is going to sell out regardless of who they have in the lineup, so save the marquee names for rogers arena so you can hopefully get more butts in seats.

if a preseason lineup featuring hughes and pettersson will only fill half the seats at rogers, how bad would it be if those two WEREN'T in the lineup?

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

last preseason i support...you will not sell more than half a rogers i bet you against the oilers or the senators..this game will be best out of all the pre season games..rest will be low crowds ..even abottosfrod game will not e sold out I'm sure..

Have... you been following hockey for 3 years now or something?