The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Wrong again. You should get a job or an education.

Then put up or shut up.  You are the one who brought up Soros, the UN, and Justin lining up his pockets.   You then asserted that you had the sources, but didn't want to post them because reasons.   Then you attack me personally.   I am educated and I do have a job.

Your move.  

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wow, I thought you rural types were supposed to be so friendly? 

Rural Types / Albertans  are only friendly  until they realize you know where in the bush their Moonshine Still is located....... 

At that point they take out their Banjo's and you need to run for your life....... get back in your canoe and paddle  downsteam like helll......

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Then put up or shut up.  You are the one who brought up Soros, the UN, and Justin lining up his pockets.   You then asserted that you had the sources, but didn't want to post them because reasons.   Then you attack me personally.   I am educated and I do have a job.

Your move.  

I’m very doubtful of all this. I didn’t attack you personally. It’s not my fault if you feel as melted as a snowflake in summer. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"landlocked" 

Yea but if Saskatchewan and Manitoba joined them it makes B.C. a lot less important. Plus the biggest lines that run through BC are the Enbridge lines that run to Chicago and Houston, TX to the refineries. So Alberta could technically cut deals with the states if they separated and in a pinch could pipe oil to the southern border. 

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I’m very doubtful of all this. I didn’t attack you personally. It’s not my fault if you feel as melted as a snowflake in summer. 

Multiple posts questioning my intelligence. Nope, not a personal attack.  Multiple posts that hint that you have sources, but you choose to not post them.  

Either post those sources, or my assessment that you are a tinfoil hat conspiracy nut is correct. 

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Rural Types / Albertans  are only friendly  until they realize you know where in the bush their Moonshine Still is located....... 

At that point they take out their Banjo's and you need to run for your life....... get back in your canoe and paddle  downsteam like helll......

I heard Alberta has Shine so strong it’d knock you out if your jogging pants

• Haha 1

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Multiple posts questioning my intelligence. Nope, not a personal attack.  Multiple posts that hint that you have sources, but you choose to not post them.  

Either post those sources, or my assessment that you are a tinfoil hat conspiracy nut is correct. 

Don’t feel so special, I question everything. And on a personal level, I don’t care what you think, you’re not capable of critical thinking. That’s obvious.

I heard Alberta has Shine so strong it’d knock you out if your jogging pants

Especially if i acted like most Albertans and drank Shine after doing a few jaw fulls of Chew.....   during intermission at the tractor pull event....

• Haha 1

Yea but if Saskatchewan and Manitoba joined them it makes B.C. a lot less important. Plus the biggest lines that run through BC are the Enbridge lines that run to Chicago and Houston, TX to the refineries. So Alberta could technically cut deals with the states if they separated and in a pinch could pipe oil to the southern border. 

sure, but you have little support in SK for your dream (https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/embargoed-until-6-a-m-on-wednesday-little-change-in-support-for-saskatchewan-separation-u-of-s-survey) and MN's not going anywhere either. 

This is a made in AB thing, and a few characters like you that identify with it. 

Again, your big plan always comes down to creating more Alberta reliance on the US of A. Maybe thats what Soros really wants..... 

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Don’t feel so special, I question everything. And on a personal level, I don’t care what you think, you’re not capable of critical thinking. That’s obvious.

You're incapable of providing a source for your claims.  How can I think critically without seeing all the information?  

Don't begin to assess my ability to think critically.   I think my assessment of you is bang on.

Yea but if Saskatchewan and Manitoba joined them it makes B.C. a lot less important. Plus the biggest lines that run through BC are the Enbridge lines that run to Chicago and Houston, TX to the refineries. So Alberta could technically cut deals with the states if they separated and in a pinch could pipe oil to the southern border

Keep hearing this type of idea.

Wouldn't you think the States would act like the States always do? and put their best interests first? AB will be desperate in a BC excluded scenario. I would imagine the States will turn to their oldest friend Canada and start strategizing together on how to benefit from this new little land locked country... 

• Cheers 1

So glad to see Canadians stepping up and demanding an end to the Genocide of Indigenous populations in Canada.

Both LNG and Tar sludge threatens all Canadians.....   So proud of our first nations and their supporters...

Climate change is real.   CDN government and Alberta Governments can not be trusted with doing the right thing for us. 

High-volume passenger and freight train travel between Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa is at a standstill Friday during a solidarity protest for opponents of a natural gas pipeline being built through Wet’suwet’en territory in northern British Columbia.

A protest at CN Rail line near Wyman’s Road along the Tyendinaga Mohawk territory started Thursday afternoon and continued into Friday afternoon.

https://vancouversun.com/news/canada/train-travel-between-toronto-montreal-and-ottawa-halted-by-protest-supporting-wetsuweten-anti-pipeline-activists/wcm/d2a7435b-075f-4d94-8dd5-7beb5f0d0afb

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

This thread is fun!

Why is LNG a dirty fuel u ask....

Getting gas to the point of combustion is an incredibly energy-intensive endeavour. Extracting unconventional gas supplies, which constitute the majority of Canadian gas production, requires drilling down a couple of kilometres below the earth and then horizontal drilling to frack gas trapped in rock using a mix of water and chemicals.

Once it reaches the surface, the gas must be piped to processing plants – requiring more energy – where impurities are stripped out. Gas must then be pipelined to the coast to be liquefied before it can be put on a tanker for export to Asia.

The liquefaction process itself is extremely energy-intensive as the gas must be cooled to liquid form at -162 C. Once shipped, it must be regasified and pipelined to the final combustion point.

Taken together, one-fifth of the gas must be consumed in the liquefaction, transport and regasification processes. These processes all lead to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and thus substantially reduce the emissions advantage relative to coal.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-lngs-big-lie/

• Haha 1

HI Ronny

Would you agree on this..

Natural gas is marketed as a clean energy source. But the reality is very different than the marketing. Natural gas is a highly polluting fossil fuel. Its impacts include:

Climate change

The burning of fossil fuels releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, increasing CO2 levels, trapping heat, and contributing to global climate change.

• While natural gas is a cleaner burning resource than coal and liquid petroleum, it still emits a large amount of carbon into the atmosphere in the form of both CO2 and methane.
  • CO2 is released during combustion, the process used to generate electricity.
  • Methane is leaked in large quantities during extraction and transport of natural gas. Methane is a greenhouse gas that is about is about 87 time more potent than CO2 over a 20 year period (1).
  • Studies show that global methane emissions have spiked dramatically since 2002. This is mostly due to the boom in natural gas extraction in the U.S. Leaked methane cancels out any reduction in CO2 emissions brought about by replacing coal with natural gas (1,2).

Air pollution

Air pollution is another side-effect of fossil fuel use. Air pollution is generally more regional than the effects of carbon dioxide, and can have devastating impacts on local populations and ecosystems.

• When natural gas leaks at extraction sites, pollutants such as volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are emitted to the atmosphere. VOCs, like trimethylbenzenes, xylenes, and aliphatic hydrocarbons react to form ground-level ozone, also known as smog. Smog can cause a variety of respiratory and cardiovascular effects and is especially dangerous to the elderly, young children, and people with asthma (3,4).
  • Diesel fumes from the operation of trucks and machinery and gas leaks on drill sites pose a hazard to workers and nearby residents. People who live near areas of high oil and gas activity have been found to be at greater risk for chronic illness and cancer (5).

Water pollution

Like air pollution, water pollution is another more localized effect of fossil fuel use. Water is usually polluted during the process of extraction or in the handling of waste products. Water pollution can also have devastating impacts on human health the the environment.

• Hydraulic fracturing, also known as fracking, is a process by which natural gas is extracted from wells. Fracking is a dangerous practice for a number of reasons:
  • Depending on location and well-type, fracking can use between 1.5 and 15.8 million gallons of water per well (6).
  • Wastewater from these wells is often disposed of by injecting it deep underground into what are called Class II injection wells. Evidence suggests that these wells can cause earthquakes in the surrounding area. This not only puts people and buildings at risk, but it also increases the potential for groundwater contamination with wastewater (7,8)
  • Accidents or poorly built wells can lead to contamination of groundwater by additives in fracking fluid (9). These additives can contain dangerous chemicals such as benzene and lead, which are toxic to humans (9,10).
  • Extraction companies are not required to disclose all the components of fracking fluid. Many components are considered “trade secrets” and are never reported to regulatory agencies (10).
  • Naturally occurring radioactive materials often come to the surface where they can build up in wastewater pipes. This can lead to maintenance workers being exposed to higher than normal levels of radiation (11).

https://www.greenamerica.org/fight-dirty-energy/amazon-build-cleaner-cloud/natural-gas-why-it-dirty

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Keep hearing this type of idea.

Wouldn't you think the States would act like the States always do? and put their best interests first? AB will be desperate in a BC excluded scenario. I would imagine the States will turn to their oldest friend Canada and start strategizing together on how to benefit from this new little land locked country... 

wexit is simply fundamentally flawed. Alberta is not Switzerland. It doesn't have strong financial services to export. Its not Luxembourg, it has no high tech to export. I suppose it could become a global pariah tax haven. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Ill admit I havent really looked into LNG that much lately to give my full opinion on it. 

Fracking is a very nasty process......  so many chemicals pumped into the ground..... 

I am not really a big fan of earthquakes in my neighbourhood either.....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wexit is simply fundamentally flawed. Alberta is not Switzerland. It doesn't have strong financial services to export. Its not Luxembourg, it has no high tech to export. I suppose it could become a global pariah tax haven. 

Alberta is more similar to Alalabama  or Arkansas in terms of education and culture.....

Plus they all start with A so sound similar. 

Edited by kingofsurrey