The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

On 12/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, D-Money said:

That is just crazy. Guy with 23 career goals, in over 200 games, suddenly gets 2 hat tricks in a row.

SPORTSACTION

because anything can happen! 

or as Grapes would say it: that's why we play the games

Long winded league news...short version: double checking of traded draft picks since Summer 2018 yields three errors corrected. Film at 11

Going over a lot of things with regards to our record keeping and finding a huge amount of small errors. Just before the season started I made a log of every single trade we have ever made from before our first season and keep it fresh right up to today: so now I am double checking all the draft picks that were supposed to move have moved. They have not all moved. lol. 

SO if you see a draft pick you thought you had is gone after this weekend: sorry, its Krampus style Xmas...lol.... It isn't a punishment really: its just that it was not moved when it was supposed to have been moved. first one I checked tonight was a trade Feb 13th between NJD and WPG: NJD's 1st round pick was traded to winnipeg: Turned out that it was traded back to njd some time later on ...but this is a great time and reason to do the checks and ensure we have the best foundation to our league as possible. 

I have found an average of 6 mistakes per team sheet over the course of 3 team sheets so far fully checked over.

I have found at least 4 clauses from the original draft that were never recorded, et cetera....and I am fixing them on the spot where I can fix them with one exception:

I have found several cases 8 over three teams so far where RFA players were "given a qualifying offer" and then later negotiated a deal that was below the legal threshold for a Q.O. I am noting these as I find them but NOT fixing them yet. The reason is that in some cases fixing them may mess over a team's cap situation and it is no fault of the GM's of those teams. My plan is to note all the undervalued RFA deals this past offseason and then when I have the full list of them from all 31 teams at the end of January (That is my rough schedule to finish the full forensic exam of the data) I will then know if any team ""can't"" accomodate the fixed terms. Where teams CAN fit the fixed RFA deals into their budget I will likely just do it to all the teams at that time..but if i find one or two where it can't be done easily we will have to think of another fix: like possibly make the increases to those RFA deals in the offseason to bring them back to square. 

Hope this sits well with everyone: I would feel a million times better knowing the data is accurate and up to date going forward and I assume you all will like that too. Thank you for your ongoing patience: we will have a much improved data structure and better accuracy from here on out from this work, and I don't mind doing it. I want to add that Tylez did a great job for a married father with a career and very little help, this isn't his fault but it is easy to see that he was really overworked. My only advantage is really that I have an incredible amount of spare time to donate.

EDIT: finished double checks of draft picks that have moved in trades from the start of the league to now: only 3 actual mistakes and one was mine from a December trade where I didn't move the pick: Very glad I did the double check, and noted where it was done to. I will do this every 3 months for the previous 3 months...probably a smart idea. : )

time well wasted! (*i was going to beta test a sweet AOE 3 clone made in russia but their server was down, heh)

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

sigh. Dustin Brown's clause was written incorrectly by the league back when i drafted him and rather than an 8 team trade list that I had a lot of trouble trying to shop him to it should have been listed asa 7 team NO TRADE list according to my research at capfriendly. As I have already made two changes for clause errors on Anaheim's team I am making this change on mine and carrying on through every club as i continue to make sure our sheets are reliable before we go forward much further. 

I am really kind of mad about this one as the old commish voided a trade I had made for Dustin on account of the "8 team trade list" changed on July 1st and the deal I made was a couple days after that change. I never did end up finding a trade partner for him and blew up my club in other ways to get cap compliant. 

I guess all I can do is suck it up but the overwhelming number of errors is disappointing at best. 

will list out what I find and fix as i go.

------------

Anaheim: Larsson's trade clause didn't exist it was added in error at the inaugural draft. Letang's list is 18 teams not the 3 teams as was listed at inaugural draft.

-------------

Arizona: Dustin Brown's clause is a 7 team NO TRADE LIST instead of the incorrectly written 8 team trade list at the inaugural draft

-------------

Boston's Radko Gudas incorrectly showed an NTC clause that doesn't exist from the inaugural draft

Hoffman's a ten team No trade list clause not a 7 team no trade list clause

------------

10% of the league fully and completely verified checked and good to go ANA, ARI, BOS. all done now (*save the few new RFA deals that were not good enough to qualify as an offer. I believe we will be doing all 31 clubs at once for this issue, it isn't many contracts and the Q.O. levels aren't that much higher than the written deals but it will need to be all done at once provided that no one is forced overcap by the fix. Will know end January, roughly, as I have 90% of it left to do still. Sorry for the nagging text walls, but I feel it is important to document what I am doing without anyone else volunteering to be on the exec as oversight or help. This way I feel I am being transparent and held to account somewhat.

Over the next week I will attempt to do same to Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina. And then before Jan 2nd i hope to get to Columbus, Chicago, Colorado. May not get there but its a goal. ; ) 

Have a good day everyone; also 

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

• Cheers 1

On 12/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

Activate: Anaheim Ducks activate Jared Spurgeon of IR

Waive/Assign: Anaheim Ducks waive Chris Stewart with the intention of assigning him to the AHL

@Primal Optimist

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@Kobayashi Maru Anaheim's Chris Stewart has cleared waivers and has been assigned to the Minor League Affiliate. 

28 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

With the recent change in Letang’s NTC open to 15 teams he is officially on the block as the Ducks continue to get younger.  Most of you have inquired but haven’t been able to offer as he was limited. PM me with new offers.

I will PM you with his new list in the morning tomorrow, too much time here already today, sorry

48 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

League Announcement ~ PHI.png.b1b49329e5d205e487920bed638194be.pngTHE GOOD KIND!

I am happy to announce and introduce the General Manager of the PHI.png.b1b49329e5d205e487920bed638194be.png Philadelphia Flyers, the Gritty-est gm in EKL: ThatMike!

PHI.png.b1b49329e5d205e487920bed638194be.pngWelcome Aboard Sir, you have the con. 

Happy to be aboard and look forward to talking with all of you about the future of the Flyers here in the EKL

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

Minnesota Wild management are very pleased with how the NHL team is performing. But we also have a number of prospects in the system who are showing well. We have been in talks with a few teams about potential trades involving some - nothing has come to fruition yet, but we are always open to moves to improve our team.

Here is a rundown of how some of our better prospects are doing. There are a LOT of them, so I'll keep the write-ups very brief:

Alex Turcotte – C

NCAA – 16GP, 6G, 9A

The highly-touted prospect has absolutely hit the ground running in the NCAA, putting up just short of a point-per-game in his freshman season. At this rate, he’ll probably be in the NHL by the end of this season.

Evan Bouchard – D

AHL – 27GP, 3G, 12A

Evan just about made the Oilers out of camp, but it was decided he needed to work on his defensive game more in the AHL. He is doing that, and still putting up very good stats for a rookie-pro D-man.

Alex Barre-Boulet – RW

AHL – 29GP, 11G, 15A

Last year’s AHL top rookie and league goal-scoring leader continues to dominate in the AHL. It’s only a matter of time before he forces his way onto the NHL roster.

Taro Hirose – LW

NHL – 23GP, 2G, 5A; AHL – 8GP, 4G, 3A

After his dominance at the end of last season, everyone expected Hirose to stick in the NHL right off the bat. He’s shown flashes, but management decided he’d be better served with some time on the farm solidifying his pro game. He is excelling in the AHL, and we expect he’ll be back up later this season.

Benoit-Olivier Groulx – C

QMJHL – 26GP, 15G, 26A

Groulx has been absolutely dominating the Q since being drafted. He just about made Team Canada’s WJC squad, but was 1 of the last 2 cuts. But his projection keeps on rising.

Kyle Capobianco – D

NHL – 7GP, 1G, 0A; AHL – 20GP, 3G, 14A

Kyle is one of the top-scoring AHL D-men, and earned a lengthy call-up when OEL was out with an injury. He should be ready for a full-time NHL role by next season.

Matias Maccelli – LW

Liiga – 26GP, 10G, 15A, +11

Well this is a nice surprise! Maccelli has come out of almost nowhere and become the top scoring U20 player in Liiga (and it’s not even close – 2nd place has only 14 points). What a steal!

Klim Kostin – RW

NHL – 4GP, 1G, 0A; AHL – 20GP, 3G, 6A

Klim had a very good preseason, and performed well enough to earn his first NHL call-up, and scored his first goal. He should be a regular NHL-er by next season. He may not have the offensive production to be considered a definite future top-6 guy, but with his size and skill he will likely be effective in a middle-6, 2-way role.

Ryan Suzuki – C

OHL – 15GP, 4G, 14A

Ryan was in early consideration for Team Canada at the WJCs, but didn’t make the cut. He had an injury early in the season, which slowed him down a bit, but he is still above a point-per-game.

John Beecher – C

NCAA – 16GP, 5G, 4A

John was revered for his defensive abilities with the USDP, playing the match-up role behind Hughes and Turcotte. There were some questions whether he had more offensive ability, which was stifled due to lack of opportunity, and that is looking like the case. He is tied for the team lead in scoring with fellow freshman and NHL 1st round selection Cameron York.

Shane Bowers – C

AHL – 21GP, 3G, 7A

Shane’s first pro season is progressing well-enough. His stats may not seem high, but his team is low scoring (nobody has more than 20 points), and Shane plays more of a defensive role, and gets limited PP time.

Ivan Prosvetov – G

AHL – 10GP, 1.88GAA, .946Sv%; ECHL – 5GP, 2.40GAA, .930Sv%

The plan was to start Prosvetov off slowly in the ECHL, but he keeps forcing his way higher. And now has the best GAA and save % in the AHL. With the constant injuries in net for the Coyotes, and the comparatively mediocre stats of current NHL back-up Adin Hill, could Prosvetov see a call-up at some point?

Louie Belpedio – D

AHL – 31GP, 2G, 10A

The skilled defenseman continues to work on his pro game, and is progressing nicely. He will likely challenge for an NHL roster spot next season.

Mark Kastelic – C

AHL – 24GP, 18G, 12A, +18

The captain of the Calgary Hitmen continues to dominate, both on the scoreboard, and in 2-way play. Last year he was a 2nd team all-star, and he’s on pace to increase his goals and points this year.

Nathan Smith – C

NCAA – 16GP, 4G, 11A

Nathan has been fantastic in his freshman NCAA season, at nearly a point-per-game. Looks like he could be a late-round steal.

Patrik Puistola – LW/RW

Liiga (Jukurit) – 7GP, 3G, 2A; Liiga (Tappara) – 15GP, 0G, 0A

Patrik was definitely struggling to start the year, but perhaps it was coach-related, as he has been great since moving to Jukurit. He was selected to represent Team Finland at the WJCs.

Jayden Halbgewachs – LW/C

AHL – 26GP, 8G, 9A

Now in his sophomore pro season, Jayden is progressing nicely. He is top-5 in scoring on his team.

Ross Colton – C

AHL – 30GP, 4G, 13A

The Tampa prospect continues to progress in the AHL, despite playing down the line-up behind Barre-Boulet and some vets. But he is producing well considering his limited minutes and lack of PP time. Especially considering he is below 7% shooting percentage, that is likely to go up soon (he was 12.7% last year).

Mattias Norlinder – D

Allsvenskan – 28GP, 6G, 8A

Mattias is progressing nicely in his first full season in Allsvenskan, and has been selected to represent Team Sweden at the WJCs.

Albin Eriksson – RW/LW

SHL – 12GP, 0G, 2A; J20 – 4GP, 1G, 0A

Although not having much counting stats this year, the power-forward was selected to represent Team Sweden at the WJCs. Obviously some skill and 2-way ability, hopefully the offense will also come with further development.

Adam Werner – G

NHL – 2GP, 3.41GAA, .914Sv%; AHL – 17GP, 2.78GAA, .914Sv%

The towering Swedish goaltender is having a solid first season in North America, even getting a couple NHL starts, and earning a 40-save shutout (almost…Francouz played the first 30 seconds) in his NHL debut.

Edited by D-Money

11 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Ivan Prosvetov – G

AHL – 10GP, 1.88GAA, .946Sv%; ECHL – 5GP, 2.40GAA, .930Sv%

The plan was to start Prosvetov off slowly in the ECHL, but he keeps forcing his way higher. And now has the best GAA and save % in the AHL. With the constant injuries in net for the Coyotes, and the comparatively mediocre stats of current NHL back-up Adin Hill, could Prosvetov see a call-up at some point?

11 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Mattias Norlinder – D

Allsvenskan – 28GP, 6G, 8A

Mattias is progressing nicely in his first full season in Allsvenskan, and has been selected to represent Team Sweden at the WJCs.

If either of these two are traded without my knowledge, there’s going to be problems :lol: 

• Upvote 1

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Please!

Let us resolve this on the ice...

I have a very fine Calgary Flames club looking to perhaps promote an AGM to a bonafide General Manger.

Columbus too is available.

These are just two very peaceful ideas to resolve the impasse...hehehe

• Cheers 2

aiming for third best, have some work to do though, but thank you, I enjoy it, but I didn't save it by any stretch. There's 29 great people here, soon to be 31. Then prep work for the 32nd one! woo woo. Hrm, seattle is something I have not even had a moment to consider, but for another year and month for sure, one brick at a time.

Speaking of time: I had a look but didn't see anything about a three day break from roster moves and so we don't have a three day break: I will do an update on the 3rd day of the NHL's break so that when action comes back to TV, we have all our clubs already set to show us the LIVE results after their break. ; )

feel free to make your moves and set up for the next phase in your push to the playoffs.