EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

On 12/26/2019 at 2:16 PM, Master Mind said:

Bruins

Leafs

Rangers

Capitals

Avalanche

This was our list, it turned out: and we were 4 for 5! Paid 48 chips. Nicely done MM.

chips in: 154, wagered 26, won 46

total chips out: 174

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

Team sheets and pickup updated to this point. Happy New Year everyone!! It is 2020!! almost...

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

image.png.c22a45b4c1e1d7a0f6cd67cedd1da6aa.png

To @Rush17 small.png : Ekblad, Pesce, Ryan Suzuki

To @D-Money @Monty small.png : Hamilton, Parayko

Note Ekblad's NMC doesn't kick in until 2021-22: verified.

Note Hamilton's M-NTC does not prohibit a trade to the Wild: verified.

Logged, PIckup will show this trade tomorrow morning.

This was a big deal for us. Moving Dougie wasn't an easy decision but we have not been pleased with our teams play as of late. The opportunity to add some quality young players opened up some dialogue.

I had explored a package deal involving Hamilton and Parayko in the past. We were on the fence until Ryan Suzuki was added to the mix. His brother has been exceptional this year and we feel Ryan also has a bright NHL future.

We continue to explore trade options to get younger and add some experienced veterans to nurture our youth. If your interested in talking just shoot me a message. This is how this deal got started.

Lots of players still in play - pm with inquires.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

We are excited to have a D core of

Theodore Ekblad

Bouwmeester Vatanen

Hagg Pesce

Gilmour

With Bowen Byram waiting in the wings.

Lots of players avaliable in our forward group. Including Josh Bailey, Jakob Silfverberg, and Nino Niederreiter. 

Cheers

NSH GM

Rush17

• Cheers 2

@Rush17 Nashville sits after the trade over the cap by 0.973 million. 

As a result Brett Pesce (Listed after Ekblad chronologically in the trade) can not report to your club until you create room for him. I have added him to your sheets but pickup will reflect the moment you have created space for him to join your club. 

Team Sheets Updates:

NYI have been transferred PIT 3 2020 from CBJ. There was an offer sheet on Y.Gourde, that was not matched, which was for 1k dollars less than the first compensated level. The Inaugural Draft sheet lists him as having been RFA last summer. Since CBJ no longer has its 3rd, the next available was sent.

Further: as I finished off his active team's checks I have cut William Nylander's contract term down by two years. 1)he was "re-signed" to an 8 year contract Oct 5th 2018...our inaugural year. I am ruling that re-signing of 8 years could not physically occur as the player was never signed by EKL's CBJ prior to that. 2) his contract showed 2019-20 thru 2026-27 on the sheet when i got there: 8 years including this one. It ignored that he played all last year first for CBJ(found multiple examples of him on the roster throughout the year). This is now fixed and up to date. 

Further: and this does not affect any team's bottom line really: roughly 11 contracts in the 6 teams, so far, had minor issues or errors that have now been fixed. I have a full list held for my records. Kobayashi Maru is aware of the 6 that were with his club: and 5 more were spread out over the 5 other clubs.  I have enough data to understand that the changes to fix the errors didn't break any clubs cap situation (which I was waiting to figure out first) or force any club to make a change and therefore I have gone ahead and initiated the fixes. If you have any questions about your club, send me a message.

As I find errors like RFA signings below their Q.O. threshold, they will be fixed on the spot. Where they have critical implications I will message you and potentially hold off the changes until after the season, since these errors should NOT force any club to scramble, that is my overarching strategy to get back to rock solid. Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Finally: a good note came out of yesterdays trade: I should be doing the most active teams first to minimize shuffling errors around and complicating things. Therefore: after the Vacant clubs are done, tomorrow likely, I will do Nashville Predators :shock: on account of Rush17 being a rollerposter of Trades in the EKL!! lol. Good work Rush17, but I will have to quickly make sure your club is updated and up to par faster than you can whip players back and forth...a worthy challenge, lol. 

Cool, its all good and the fixes are all minor and only being talked about for full transparency. We are healthier than ever AND we have a new GM introduction coming as soon as I finish vetting the vacant team sheets.

Cheers

P.O>

• Cheers 1

League Announcement!

Calgary Flames Edition.CGY.png.2962349a7b787beb496896324ed6e854.png

I am pleased to announce today, that late last night the hiring of Calgary's new General Manager was completed!

Welcome to the EKL GM @morrissex95! CGY.png.2962349a7b787beb496896324ed6e854.pngCalgary will be listening to your offers for a week or so, but don't be offended if you don't get a reply right away, as he plans to take the first week to evaluate and prepare for the run to the deadline!

Welcome to the CGY.png.2962349a7b787beb496896324ed6e854.png Elite Keeper League morrissex95, looking forward to seeing what you can do with the CGY.png.2962349a7b787beb496896324ed6e854.pngclub!

There will be a further announcement regarding Columbus Blue Jackets in the coming days

image.png.c22a45b4c1e1d7a0f6cd67cedd1da6aa.png

To: @D-Money @Monty small.png : Robert Thomas

To: @Kobayashi Maru small.png : Klim Kostin, Patrick Puistola

Logged and will be part of the full update tomorrow morning! (backdated to Dec 29th PM when the deal was accepted on the trade call.)

UPDATED TO THIS POST. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Lots of little bits so updated again this morning. heh

Now something a bit more fun for me than endless updates and roster checks: Finally heading out to see the Star War. yay me. 

Weekly Wildcards!

chips in: 174

Thursday's Fantasy Five games are: 

Lightning VS Canadiens

Panthers VS Senators

Maple Leafs VS Jets

Rangers VS Flames

Blackhawks VS Canucks

Simply post your picks for who will win each game...our collective guesses will be our "wager" of 26 chips, with a goal of "winning" enough to keep doing this each week to the end of the season!