The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) TB - VAN

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are all players who skate in an average way like Brock defined as average players?  What about Matt Tkapuke?  Patrice Bergeron?  Mark Stone?  These are guys who skate not as well as Brock.  Does their skating default them into being average players?  IQ and average skating can make for s fabulous player if that player has a great shot.  BB is a high end player.  

Brock is nothing like the players you mentioned...

all three plays I would take over Brock....

Brock is an average top six guy sorry. That's all I see. 

Someone will over pay him I just hope it's not us. 

Alf can you honestly say that Brock hasn't hurt us on 5v5 ? 

7 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Brock is nothing like the players you mentioned...

all three plays I would take over Brock....

Brock is an average top six guy sorry. That's all I see. 

Someone will over pay him I just hope it's not us. 

Alf can you honestly say that Brock hasn't hurt us on 5v5 ? 

Man, I do not know what you are looking at?

His stats....Points per game (9th OA), Points (6th OA), Goals (13th OA), TOI  (4th OA) are all top line Right Wing stats

Even his even strength numbers are there, as he is at Zero on the +/- , (tied for 47)

But his other totals put him near the top

Average skater...yes

Average player ….No

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Man, I do not know what you are looking at?

His stats....Points per game (9th OA), Points (6th OA), Goals (13th OA), TOI  (4th OA) are all top line Right Wing stats

Even his even strength numbers are there, as he is at Zero on the +/- , (tied for 47)

But his other totals put him near the top

Average skater...yes

Average player ….No

Well I'm not looking at the stats now am I? 

Im looking at the fact that Brock's skating is what makes an average top six player.

he d game suffers because of it and if you notice Brock has a hard time keeping up to Petey and Miller and that's also why I think Brock put up more points with bo is not as quick as Petey .....

you can honestly say this seasons Brock has lived up to his new deal? Or even at times has hurt us 5v5? 

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Patrik Laine is an average player?

Have you seen him play D?..... Yea overall yes I would/one dimensional. It also depends on which Laine shows up....the lazy prick or the hockey player 

Also comparing Brock to Laine? Laine can also keep up to his line mates....

How about puttin it this way....this season I've seen Miller and Petey look great together and Brock has been the odd man out....

dont get me wrong watching Brock kinda reminds me of iggy towards the end of his career....iggy had the hockey iq to know where to go on the ice , it's just he couldn't get there. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Well I'm not looking at the stats now am I? 

Im looking at the fact that Brock's skating is what makes an average top six player.

he d game suffers because of it and if you notice Brock has a hard time keeping up to Petey and Miller and that's also why I think Brock put up more points with bo is not as quick as Petey .....

you can honestly say this seasons Brock has lived up to his new deal? Or even at times has hurt us 5v5? 

Hockey is a results sport

Meaning, it does not matter if you skate fast, have a poor shot, or all your goals are from tip in's

Brocks net worth is valued on how he and his team mates do while he is on the ice

That is a bottom line...…..it truly does not matter if all his points are on the PP or not

The question would be....is there any other players in the league that could generate those points?

And the answer is.....sure there is. But not as many as you would think.

Bobby Orr, who is now a player agent, says to be considered elite, you must have at least 1 elite skill

While that is a debateable point...…….Brock has several, when compared to his counter parts

His ability to get open and his shots....wrist, snap and slap shots are all top shelf.....his release is elite as well

Lets look at some of the fast skaters that can't score...are they elite? No, because it is a bottom line business

Look at Mason Raymond...…….not too many better at skating than him...…...all jet, no engine

Look at Rick Middleton...…..all engine and no jet...…..Rick Middleton was an allstar

Brock has been there too, and did pretty well 

Is Brock,  Mariner? Hell no...………..but when you break it down...…...he is still a first liner on most teams

Imagine him playing with McKinnon or Malkin, or maybe McDavid or Mathews

Not too many wingers are as good as elite centermen, but they are a complimentary piece, and the very best

can be considered elite or first line players as well...…..again, it is results oriented

Being consistently a high scorer and I might say dangerous, makes him that......a top 1st line player

I do not even know why you are arguing that.……...

and yes his skating holds him back...……….imagine if his skating was elite

where would his point totals be? Would he be considered elite....not just 1st line...….

pretty bloody close!

Edited by janisahockeynut

23 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

so u do agree he s one dimensional winger who is avg 2nd liner on any other team?

What was the point of creating this proposal if you don't think the value is equal?

Or did you just do it to get people to say Point is worth more than Boeser to reaffirm your opinion on Boeser?

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

What was the point of creating this proposal if you don't think the value is equal?

Or did you just do it to get people to say Point is worth more than Boeser to reaffirm your opinion on Boeser?

i just want the fanbase to see this is the right time to sell him high. He is not a 80 point or 40 goal scorer.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hockey is a results sport

Meaning, it does nor matter if you skate fast, have a poor shot, or all your goals are from tip in's

Brocks net worth is valued on how he and his team mates do while he is on the ice

That is a bottom line...…..it truly does not matter if all his points are on the PP or not

The question would be....is there any other players in the league that could generate those points?

And the answer is.....sure there is. But not as many as you would think.

Bobby Orr, who is not an player agent, says to be considered elite, you must have at least 1 elite skill

While that is a debateable point...…….Brock has several, when compared to his counter parts

His ability to get open and his shots....wrist, snap and slap shots are all top shelf.....his release is elite as well

Lets look at some of the fast skaters that can't score...are they elite? No, because it is a bottom line business

Look at Mason Raymond...…….not too many better at skating than him...…...all jet, no engine

Look at Rick Middleton...…..all engine and no jet...…..Rick Middleton was an allstar

Brock has been there too, and did pretty well 

Is Brock,  Mariner? Hell no...………..but when you break it down...…...he is still a first liner on most teams

Imagine him playing with McKinnon or Malkin, or maybe McDavid or Mathews

Not too many wingers are as good as elite centermen, but they are a complimentary piece, and the very best

can be considered elite or first line players as well...…..again, it is results oriented

Being consistently a high scorer and I might say dangerous, makes him that......a top 1st line player

I do not even know why you are arguing that.……...

and yes his skating holds him back...……….imagine if his skating was elite

where would his point totals be? Would he be considered elite....not just 1st line...….

pretty bloody close!

I'm sorry but we are going to have to agree to disagree cause I don't see this elite player you do....

I see a guy that plays with two of our best players ,gets all the good ozone time and he doesn't add much to the line that an hand full of other players couldn't 

also look at that line Miller and Petey are hard on dump ins and they both play good off the rush....which both those things you need speed...Brock I just think isn't a fit and I think his an average top six player, promise to be elite if his skating does improve, which I don't think it will cause his skating has been a problem since his draft and cause of that I think his average in a league of speed...speed affects the rest of his game. 

okay let me put it this way...playing with Petey and Miller would max Domi put up more points? Or mantha? I think so cause they both play with speed. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Nuck1991 said:

i just want the fanbase to see this is the right time to sell him high. He is not a 80 point or 40 goal scorer.

So the ladder then? Make a thread where you know the value isn't equal in order to start fights and get people $&!#ting on our own player to reaffirm your opinion. 

How nice. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So the ladder then? Make a thread where you know the value isn't equal in order to start fights and get people $&!#ting on our own player to reaffirm your opinion. 

How nice. 

ill make whtever thread i want miss, u dont have to reply, mind ur own shyyt