The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) TB - VAN

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

One point in last years playoffs and a -5.  Looks like he was a one year wonder and people have figured him out.  Not hard to stop a guy in the playoffs when they are 170 pounds soaking wet.  Look at little Johnny.  They have him all figured out too  I'd rather have a sniper like Boeser who can put up big numbers on the PP and is 203 pounds.  At least he can battle in the corners and play a good physical style in the playoffs.  Look at what St. Louis is doing.  They just resigned Troy Brouwer.  Benning signed Ferland, Myers and Benn in the summer.  Benning knows what he needs come playoff time in order to win.  And it's not 170 pound guys who play on the perimeter.

why are boeser s numbers on PP this and last year combined? in fact how many goals as he scored on PP if we exclude the 1st year? looks to me as if he was a 1 year wonder

• Wat 1

18 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

why are boeser s numbers on PP this and last year combined? in fact how many goals as he scored on PP if we exclude the 1st year? looks to me as if he was a 1 year wonder

Boeser has never played in the playoffs.  Maybe we should wait until that happens to see his production when it really counts.  

4 hours ago, mll said:

Hall of Famer Scotty Bowman believes that Point is a top-10 C in the NHL.   Early last season Boudreau was saying that he's the player that no one knows how great he is.  Says he's a tremendous player.  Called him the catalyst of the Tampa team and the one that makes everything run.

Given the fact he only got one point in last years playoffs and was a -1 and Tampa was knocked out in 4 straight games this is probably true.  As Point goes so does Tampa.  Teams know how to stop Tampa now.  Just stop little Point...

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Given the fact he only got one point in last years playoffs and was a -1 and Tampa was knocked out in 4 straight games this is probably true.  As Point goes so does Tampa.  Teams know how to stop Tampa now.  Just stop little Point...

And Boeser has never gone 4 games and only tallied 1 point?   

You really seem to have a problem with smaller players. You sound like Trump with your “little Point” and “little a Johnny” bs.  You must hate Hughes too huh? 

26 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

And Boeser has never gone 4 games and only tallied 1 point?   

You really seem to have a problem with smaller players. You sound like Trump with your “little Point” and “little a Johnny” bs.  You must hate Hughes too huh? 

Hughes is small but actually plays a tough game.  He has even gotten into fights.  Yes I don't like small players who play small in the playoffs as you can't win with them.  Guys like Crosby who are short but stocky and play a tough game are guys you can win with.  Little Johnny and Little Point have led their teams to nowhere in the playoffs.  That's because come playoff time they can't take the physical abuse needed to win.  Benning knows this and that is why we have gotten bigger this year.  Even Petey plays a tough game.  He's harder to take off the puck now.

Like I said let's see what Boeser can do in the playoffs.  Hasn't been there yet.  Hopefully they make it this year so we can see what happens.  

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hughes is small but actually plays a tough game.  He has even gotten into fights.  Yes I don't like small players who play small in the playoffs as you can't win with them.  Guys like Crosby who are short but stocky and play a tough game are guys you can win with.  Little Johnny and Little Point have led their teams to nowhere in the playoffs.  That's because come playoff time they can't take the physical abuse needed to win.  Benning knows this and that is why we have gotten bigger this year.  Even Petey plays a tough game.  He's harder to take off the puck now.

Like I said let's see what Boeser can do in the playoffs.  Hasn't been there yet.  Hopefully they make it this year so we can see what happens.  

Boeser has done nothing to lead the Canucks TO the playoffs.  

Your homerism is ridiculous 

• Wat 1

17 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Boeser has done nothing to lead the Canucks TO the playoffs.  

Your homerism is ridiculous 

Last I checked we are part of a rebuild.  Boeser and others are a part of it.  Tampa is supposed to be a Stanley Cup contender and won the President's trophy last year.  Point led them to a 4 game sweep by Columbus.  They are currently not even in a playoff spot while the rebuilding Canucks are. 

At least we have something to look forward to as our core guys are all under 25.  Tampa has a window that's already started years ago.  It's not looking so good for them right now.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser has 5 power play goals, Draisaitl has 1 and Point has 2.  So what is your point exactly, pardon the pun?

how has boeser had since last season ? Draisaitl is one the best in the game..ur cant compare grapes with peaches bud. Boeser is and avg player who is hyped by canucks fans.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

9 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

how has boeser had since last season ? Draisaitl is one the best in the game..ur cant compare grapes with peaches bud. Boeser is and avg player who is hyped by canucks fans.

So how many of the around 700 nhl players have 10 goals this year?

7 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

You said you were talking only about the power play.  Now that I bring you the actual stats you divert and talk about Draisaitl being one of the best in the game.  The fact is the Canucks are ranked 1st in the entire NHL in power play goals.  Horvat, Boeser and Miller are all in the top 13 in power play goal scoring.  Those are the actual stats this year.  Boeser is an average player?  That's nice.  Can you back that up with actual stats to show he is only average?

If we are trading Brock I hope Jim goes after Anderson or Mantha..

watching Brock play this season has me so happy we didn't sign him long term like some posters wanted...

Miller and Petey have been good together and I've lost count how many times Brock's speed has held that line back, both sides of the puck. That's why I think Brock played better with bo, I would say Petey is a faster skater then bo 

dont get me wrong Brock could have a summer like bo and come back faster..

I don't think Brock gets traded this season but before his next contract...or if we draft Raymond or holtz....

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You said you were talking only about the power play.  Now that I bring you the actual stats you divert and talk about Draisaitl being one of the best in the game.  The fact is the Canucks are ranked 1st in the entire NHL in power play goals.  Horvat, Boeser and Miller are all in the top 13 in power play goal scoring.  Those are the actual stats this year.  Boeser is an average player?  That's nice.  Can you back that up with actual stats to show he is only average?

Stats don't tell the whole story when it comes to Brock, it's the eye test. His iq and his shot are both top notch but his skating is what makes him an average player. 

7 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Stats don't tell the whole story when it comes to Brock, it's the eye test. His iq and his shot are both top notch but his skating is what makes him an average player. 

Are all players who skate in an average way like Brock defined as average players?  What about Matt Tkapuke?  Patrice Bergeron?  Mark Stone?  These are guys who skate not as well as Brock.  Does their skating default them into being average players?  IQ and average skating can make for s fabulous player if that player has a great shot.  BB is a high end player.  

• Upvote 2