The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Hes still their undeniable number one defenseman. Still putting up points. Protects the younger guys. He has invaluable experience he can pass on to their younger players as they rebuild. 

He and price are their sedins. They mat have bloated contracts but are in no dire need to shed them. What they'll do for the rebuild is more valuable than the cap space they would free up if traded.

Oh yeah

And he's their captain.

Edited by 73 Percent

On 2/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, Dazzle said:

He played bad, but this is overreaction from you, and you are king of overreactions.

King of overreaction? How many games is it now we lost to borderline nhl lineups unable to score more than 2 goals this year? And have you checked our records against backup goalies going back 5-6 years now? Lol its not a 1 off..

On 2/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

It takes a huge amount of effort to play in the NHL. I don't think any of the players are lazy, per se. Some seem to not have the same level of intensity or commitment to their play as Miller, Toffoli, Horvat, Gaudette, Pettersson, Hughes, or Tanev. I think when everyone (or most everyone) is on the same page, you get games like the last one against Boston.

That's a fair assessment I guess, but to me most of the players play lazy hockey most of the time.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

That's a fair assessment I guess, but to me most of the players play lazy hockey most of the time.

I’m sure it looks lazy, but I think that’s because the average hockey fan compares the entire team’s efforts to the best players and when others don’t match the highest intensity, they look lazy. 

If we were out on the ice with them, it would look a lot different. 

• Cheers 2