The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

Conditional Pick Updates:

Dallas will transfer DAL 2021 3rd Round Pick to Washington as it is the lower of this pick and ANA 2021 3rd Round Pick.

---

As Montreal finished in the bottom 10 of the league standings, NJD 2022 5th Round Pick will not transfer from New Jersey to Dallas.

---

As Colton Sissons did not score 20 or more goals in the 2020-21 regular season, FLA 2021 4th Round Pick will not transfer from Vancouver to Winnipeg. As a result, the pick will now transfer from Vancouver to St. Louis to satisfy a subsequent trade. 

---

This now satisfies all conditional pick trades with the exception of 1 which cannot be determined until the end of next season.

• Upvote 1

We have a trade to announce...

To STL - Future Considerations

To VAN - Aleksi Saarela

* If Saarela is re-signed by Vancouver and scores 20 or more goals in the 2021-22 season, a future 4th round pick will be transferred from Vancouver to St. Louis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nail said:

To PIT - Michael McNiven

To VAN - CAR 2021 5th Round Pick

1 hour ago, Nail said:

To STL - Future Considerations

To VAN - Aleksi Saarela

* If Saarela is re-signed by Vancouver and scores 20 or more goals in the 2021-22 season, a future 4th round pick will be transferred from Vancouver to St. Louis.

Glad to help on the goaltending front for the expansion draft, we have one more available for a 5th if anyone needs.

Great to have the rights to Aleksi Saarela. He will be great in our system and hopefully has some spice to add to the gumbo!

Man, not liking how this first round is going so far. And now looks like Kadri is out for the rest of the 1st round.

But since when is a match penalty only 10 PIMs? Shouldn't it be 15? (5 min major + misconduct).

19 hours ago, D-Money said:

Man, not liking how this first round is going so far. And now looks like Kadri is out for the rest of the 1st round.

But since when is a match penalty only 10 PIMs? Shouldn't it be 15? (5 min major + misconduct).

I vaguely recall seeing, in many different years, players being sent to teh showers with a ten minute misconduct without any actual on ice penalty being called first, as a means to control a violent game for the refs. That may have been what happened. No crosscheck penalty but the refs still wanted to tone it down enough that they sent the guy off ten minutes (plus 17 minutes with the intermission) to cool his jets. 

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

I vaguely recall seeing, in many different years, players being sent to teh showers with a ten minute misconduct without any actual on ice penalty being called first, as a means to control a violent game for the refs. That may have been what happened. No crosscheck penalty but the refs still wanted to tone it down enough that they sent the guy off ten minutes (plus 17 minutes with the intermission) to cool his jets. 

Yeah, me too. But in this case, it was a match penalty for intent-to-injure, for which he’s suspended for.

• RoughGame 1

Just a heads up, all waiver statuses have been updated for the 2021-22 season.

I will begin rolling over team sheets for the non-playoff teams shortly, as well as get to the re-signings in my inbox!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 11:56 AM, Nail said:

To NJD - Andreas Johnsson, NJD 2021 2nd Round Pick

To NYI - Future Considerations

Very happy to welcome Andreas Johnsson to the fold here in Jersey. Although his transition this past season to NJ wasn't an optimal one - he has proven to be a very effective top 9 forward who can chip in offensively. He is clearly being paid a bit to much for his production but he is the type of player we feel has tremendous upside in a playoff run. We are optimistic his move to the FL Devils will only better his game. Our young and emerging core will be rewarded with his presence in the locker room. 

Potential Fits for Andreas Johnsson in New Jersey Devils' Lineup

Andres will join fellow countryman Philip Broberg next season here in NJ. The team remains open to trading its WSH 1st Round Pick in 2021 for young exposed asset. If you happen to have any you worry may be plucked without compensation. Please reach out - NJ will consider all options and decide if there is a fit. Current untouchables barring an insane overpayment in NJ are: Newhook, Broberg, and Askarov. It would also be incredibly difficult to move a few other prospects like Wiesblatt, Jarventie, Suzuki, Cuylle, Greig, and our young goalies. The latter mentioned prospects could be available though if we were to upgrade a player at a position.

Older younger players in the 22-25 range are trade considerations for sure. We are looking to rebuild via drafting or trading for players in my age range. Anyone Newhook/Broberg age and younger are of interest for sure. The older players in the 22-25 age range are mostly just investments/gambles. I do really like Rasmussen and White but I wouldn't be opposed to moving them it made the team better. We would be interested in acquiring a player in this age range 22-25 with our WSH 1st as well if it made sense. Just because players are investments doesn't mean they are not part of our future. 

I am considering moving Dylan Gambrell or possibly Max Jones for a young defender.  Open to any age between 17-25. Larkin likely remains in NJ for the foreseeable future barring an obviously overpayment. He is outside of our ideal age group but he is a phenomenal first line player who is the face of our franchise.  I would post projected lineups but I honestly don't know how we are going to look roster wise come next pre-season. To many parts up in the air. Rannta has been moved in a pending transaction to bring in another defender we covet. We look forward to that announcement once the opposing team has wrapped up their playoffs! hopefully in a winning effort. 

Any questions, trade chats you wish to have. I will be available on discord or here if necessary. I typically reply same day often quickly in the evenings. :)

Hope you all are enjoying the playoffs. I'm looking forward to a fun off-season! GL all in the draft lottery. NJ is expecting to pick 3rd and we are okay if that is the decision of the hockey gods. GL to all in the playoffs!

Players Under 25 (22+)

Spoiler

Dylan Larkin (24)
Sam Bennett (24)
Colin White (24)
Dylan Gambrell (24)
Denis Malgin (24)

Nikolai Knyzhov (23)
Maxime Lajoie (23)

Riley Tufte (23)
Michael Rasmussen (22)
Jakov Novak (22)
Nick Caamano (22)
Jonathan Aspirot (22)
Noel Hoefenmayer (22)

Players 21 and Under.

Spoiler

Chad Yetman (21)
Riley Stotts (21)
Shamil Shmakov  (21)
Matthew Villalta  (21)
Amir Miftakhov  (21)
Curtis Douglas  (21)
Alex Newhook (20)
Sasha Mutala (20)
Marshall Warren (20)
Trevor Janicke (20)
Kaiden Guhle (19)
Ozzy Wiesblatt (19)
Ryan Suzuki (19)
Will Cuylle (19)
Hugo Alnefelt (19)
Artur Akhtyamov (19)
Arvid Costmar (19)
Jacob Dion (19)
Yaroslav Askarov (18)
Ridly Greig (18)

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:29 PM, Watermelons said:

Haha we were holding our breath till the end there :lol: if it makes you feel better, we don’t have the depth this year to do much in the playoffs 

We've got a pretty close matchup. I think you're up by one point right now. 

EDIT: and as soon as I say this you pick up 3 goals...

Edited by Down by the River
  • Haha 1