The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flames fire Geoff Ward, name Darryl Sutter as head coach

Rate this topic

On 3/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

anyone that watched Keith play knew. I don't mind Brady, he doesn't seem to have inherited the turtle gene. 

KT was a pretty dominant power forward ...but i hated who he'd always pick to fight when things got rough (as they often did) ... remember the only guy he'd drop with regularly was Murzyn, who had a huge heart but really wasn't very good at it - usually just grabbed on and threw few punches and nothing that nasty .... wish he'd at least fight Hunter, Diduck or Sergio - and especially wished he'd drop with Antoski or Gino - he was bigger then pretty much any of our fighters really - except maybe Antoski (who was one of the best i've seen on our felt he was actually better then Gino).   Back to Hippo Dad.   He was heavily involved in a game where we had over 200Pims...takes about 20 minutes just to watch the footage (its online - a great trip done memory lane) - of the penalties and the fights lol.    When Burke mentioned he sees a game with 10 power plays and figures it was a rough affair - this is what he was referring too. 

23 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Markstrom last night

How soon before, "my contract sucks!"

I think his contract will suck but not for at least another season or two. Sutter will be great for the lameass Lames.

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

KT was a pretty dominant power forward ...but i hated who he'd always pick to fight when things got rough (as they often did) ... remember the only guy he'd drop with regularly was Murzyn, who had a huge heart but really wasn't very good at it - usually just grabbed on and threw few punches and nothing that nasty .... wish he'd at least fight Hunter, Diduck or Sergio - and especially wished he'd drop with Antoski or Gino - he was bigger then pretty much any of our fighters really - except maybe Antoski (who was one of the best i've seen on our felt he was actually better then Gino).   Back to Hippo Dad.   He was heavily involved in a game where we had over 200Pims...takes about 20 minutes just to watch the footage (its online - a great trip done memory lane) - of the penalties and the fights lol.    When Burke mentioned he sees a game with 10 power plays and figures it was a rough affair - this is what he was referring too. 

Keith was a giant d-bag as I recall. I don't remember the specifics, just the dislike :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Keith was a giant d-bag as I recall. I don't remember the specifics, just the dislike :P

I concur as i actually remember specific's which is why i have brought up his cowardice dropping them with Murzyn instead of - well pretty much anyone else in our lineup that would fight except maybe Courtnall lol.   To me - i also hated him for 96.   Captain Douche-Baggery America.   Only fought lesser competition.   Just to make a comparison to what guts really is - Tiger Williams, Scotty Walker  - or while he was here, Neely fought Semenko to a draw (and he was one scary mo-fo)....KT ... well ... coward bully bruh -yeah American pie dick-wad with two of the ugliest kids i've ever seen. 

Who's better looking - BT/MT or ....the goonies sloth GIF

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I concur as i actually remember specific's which is why i have brought up his cowardice dropping them with Murzyn instead of - well pretty much anyone else in our lineup that would fight except maybe Courtnall lol.   To me - i also hated him for 96.   Captain Douche-Baggery America.   Only fought lesser competition.   Just to make a comparison to what guts really is - Tiger Williams, Scotty Walker  - or while he was here, Neely fought Semenko to a draw (and he was one scary mo-fo)....KT ... well ... coward bully bruh -yeah American pie dick-wad with two of the ugliest kids i've ever seen. 

its coming back to me now.

I still believe that Keith got Matthew to tank his Canucks interview. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its coming back to me now.

I still believe that Keith got Matthew to tank his Canucks interview. 

I don't think he needed any help.  Listening to him talk two days ago...not sure id not have shut him out after the first 15 or so seconds. 

Also - the former "Captain America" - for sure has hippo genealogy.   His biggest superpower since retirement was getting his neck button done for MTs draft.   I laughed so hard when i saw him... balding far middle aged man who looked like he ate his former self.   I'm enjoying this discourse because i also remember him coming into camp 30-40 pounds over weight later in his career.   Like really - is that even possible?  Anyone else remember his "i'm too fat to play in the nhl struggles"?   Feel sorry for the mom.   Here's a family photo from the early 2000'sBaby Running GIF by Nature on PBS

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1

I shook hands with Dave Semenko once in a business setting and I felt like a toddler. Not a giant of a man but his hands were like catcher’s mitts but extremely gnarled and battered. Very quiet and mild-mannered man...much different on the ice! 

• Cheers 1

Keith Tkachuk along with Roenick were the guys who trashed the dressing room at the Japan Olympics.  Pure class.  I was super Pizzed when we didn't draft Matthew Tkachuk but watching his career and how he acts, GMJB made the right call.  

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Bell said:

Keith Tkachuk along with Roenick were the guys who trashed the dressing room at the Japan Olympics.  Pure class.  I was super Pizzed when we didn't draft Matthew Tkachuk but watching his career and how he acts, GMJB made the right call.  

Me too.   Even though i've said some not so nice things about his Dad, like a lot of players you'd probably love him on your team that are like that.