The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Vanilla Wars [Game Over]

Rate this topic

Aladeen

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’re being obtuse, and I know it. 

How so? Are you saying you're unaware that calling a player a sheep is tantamount to calling them town? Of course you are, and now you're being the obtuse one by pretending to be ignorant of that fact.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

How so? Are you saying you're unaware that calling a player a sheep is tantamount to calling them town? Of course you are, and now you're being the obtuse one by pretending to be ignorant of that fact.

I’m saying that you’re being obtuse to the clear Tywin Lannister quote referring to himself not being concerned with the opinions of those who he doesn’t feel threatened by, much in the same way I feel no threat from NIK’s opinion or comments.

They’re the opinion of a ‘sheep’, as in not intimidating, non-threatening, and as in milquetoast. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’m saying that you’re being obtuse to the clear Tywin Lannister quote referring to himself not being concerned with the opinions of those who he doesn’t feel threatened by, much in the same way I feel no threat from NIK’s opinion or comments.

They’re the opinion of a ‘sheep’, as in not intimidating, non-threatening, and as in milquetoast. 

I understood the Tywin Lannister reference, and comparing yourself to that character is less than towny.

You got a Palpatine quote for us too? How about Hannibal Lector, or maybe Scar? 

• Like 1

I'm on the stance of anyone voting LL is anti-town.  He hard claimed sheriff and green checked Toews.  If he is lying we will know by day 2!  It's a small lobby so I the mafia probably won't be trying to keep lucky around to "dangle" us or whatever.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I'm on the stance of anyone voting LL is anti-town.  He hard claimed sheriff and green checked Toews.  If he is lying we will know by day 2!  It's a small lobby so I the mafia probably won't be trying to keep lucky around to "dangle" us or whatever.

Why do you assume we will know by D2? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Why do you assume we will know by D2? 

If he's still alive after tonight we can assume it was a fake claim.  If he's really the sheriff the mafia don't kill him, they're giving us another green check or better yet a red hit.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

If he's still alive after tonight we can assume it was a fake claim.  If he's really the sheriff the mafia don't kill him, they're giving us another green check or better yet a red hit.

What if the Maf don't believe him? Or, what if the Maf leave him alive in order to set up a mislynch next RD? Or, what if he's Maf and he makes those same defenses and buys himself another day?

What's your take on LL locking his vote on BJ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

What if the Maf don't believe him? Or, what if the Maf leave him alive in order to set up a mislynch next RD? Or, what if he's Maf and he makes those same defenses and buys himself another day?

What's your take on LL locking his vote on BJ?

It's a small lobby why would mafia take that huge risk of him being the sheriff just to set up a mislynch for next round?  The way I'm looking at it is that if LL is around for day 2 then he's a deadman.

LL lock voting on BJ was a boneheaded move.  Clearly it was done out of frustration so it's hard to put a lot of weight on it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoKnows said:

It's a small lobby why would mafia take that huge risk of him being the sheriff just to set up a mislynch for next round?  The way I'm looking at it is that if LL is around for day 2 then he's a deadman.

LL lock voting on BJ was a boneheaded move.  Clearly it was done out of frustration so it's hard to put a lot of weight on it.

What's your take on Dav? How do you see NIK & SS's interactions? They seem like they're engaging each other, but still keeping a distance if that makes sense

• Like 1
Just now, falcon45ca said:

What's your take on Dav? How do you see NIK & SS's interactions? They seem like they're engaging each other, but still keeping a distance if that makes sense

Haven't read into the game much to be honest.  Scrolled over a lot of content, didn't feel like reading grown men having hissy fits.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I understood the Tywin Lannister reference, and comparing yourself to that character is less than towny.

You got a Palpatine quote for us too? How about Hannibal Lector, or maybe Scar? 

Here you go:

-So let him. Let him play with the rabble. They’re just petty crooks. 

-I must confess to you, i'm giving very serious thought ... to eating your wife!

-I’m surrounded by idiots. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

You are wrong. Town lucky can show frustration, but special lucky plays with way more composure and is a top specials player. I refuse to believe he’s the sheriff and is using emotion to cloud the obvious.

Unvote vote Lucky

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

You are wrong. Town lucky can show frustration, but special lucky plays with way more composure and is a top specials player. I refuse to believe he’s the sheriff and is using emotion to cloud the obvious.

Unvote vote Lucky

So you're going to go on a hunch and risk voting out the sheriff?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

So you're going to go on a hunch and risk voting out the sheriff?

He’s dead either way. I can’t speak for BJ but I’m going on the hunch that LL isn’t the Sheriff because no Sheriff that I can recall ever played that role in such a manner as to be a knowing detriment to town even if they were being rectally rootered by fellow town and had to come out to reveal themselves. 

• Like 1