The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Real reason for picking up Madison Bowey, not what you think. And a Clarification

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Another foolish post. You don't throw away legit prospects like Lind to the wind. Go watch his highlights and stats before you come and make another ignorant post like you've been doing this thread.

What changed in the 8 games he played in Utica this season from the start of the regular season where he did not even crack the taxi squad

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

What changed in the 8 games he played in Utica this season from the start of the regular season where he did not even crack the taxi squad

The taxi squad isn't where you want to put your top prospects.  You want them playing instead of sitting out. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Green's decision making has been questionable at best. Are you really using his standards to judge a prospect's success in an organization?

I know Benning keeps talking about retaining the same coaching staff, but I really would like to see the Canucks explore all possibilities before going back to Green. It's time to stop fooling around.

Green is the same coach that gave 

Hoglander 

EP

Hughes their chance 

so why not Lind

Just now, King Heffy said:

The taxi squad isn't where you want to put your top prospects.  You want them playing instead of sitting out. 

Utica was not playing in the beginning of the season so he could have stayed on the taxi squad to practice with the big boys

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I don't understand CDC logic. Pearson who is apparently 'declining' , if you were to ask the experts, gets more than a few complaints about the length of the contract the amount, which is absurd.

Then you have Kole Lind who vastly improved from his first year in the AHL, and followed up with an abbreviated 8 games, but is exactly a PPG.

And this dude is apparently waiver fodder. Get a clue, man.

Protected:

miller

horvat

pearson

motte

boeser

lind

pettersson

schmidt

myers

juolevi

demko

they could add a forward or D to expose a lind and juolevi if need be 

they wont take hamonic because they know he only wants to stay in western Canada

eriksson, roussel and beagle just NO

most likely scenario is Seattle takes virtanen, holtby or a minor leaguer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

I’m protecting Lind before Virtanen personally.  
But the Bowey thing makes sense. 

This is not where I thought this post would go. Thanks a lot here I am defending my opinion on Lind and Virtanen as assets and I do not even like Virtanen 

• RoughGame 1

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

you don't keep your prospects with high potential sitting on the squad

In the Beginning of the Season Utica was not playing so they decided to keep him on the couch instead of practicing and developing him with the big boys.

6 minutes ago, billabong said:

Protected:

miller

horvat

pearson

motte

boeser

lind

pettersson

schmidt

myers

juolevi

demko

they could add a forward or D to expose a lind and juolevi if need be 

they wont take hamonic because they know he only wants to stay in western Canada

eriksson, roussel and beagle just NO

most likely scenario is Seattle takes virtanen, holtby or a minor leaguer 

Isn't Hamonic not eligible for the ED?

1 minute ago, Patrik Laine said:

Mr.green got to bed you have games to prepare for. Stop waisting time in cdc. Night travis 

Haha

As a fan we get to judge 

but if you saw the comments prior I used the word Judging as joke. 

I was comparing the two players.