The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Feast or Famine'

Rate this topic

knucklehead91

On 6/10/2021 at 6:23 PM, knucklehead91 said:

Reading and comprehension aren’t your strongest attributes and neither is hockey.

Clearly a forum troll and Im not wasting another minute dealing with you. Stick to basements and dark lit places.

1 hour ago, knucklehead91 said:

@lmm I thought the Canadian division sucked? I thought it was the weakest division and Montreal was going to get crushed by Vegas??

FEAST ON THAT

Vegas success was inflated by weaker competition. Montreal’s depth was diluted by a balanced division. Closer standings, 50-50 games, the standings in the league look like they are crap and Vegas is the cream of the crop. Clearly Vegas was a beneficiary of weak teams and Montreal was dialled in all post-season thanks to the night in and night out dogfight in the Canadian division

Hahaha that musht haff bin a ard 2 weeks , not waising unuthr mint on me juuist waiting and hoping you can get back at me fr sumpin' I dint say.

Yay.

I think if you trool back a little farther, to say a week before the playoffs I said Montreal had enough time to sort themselves out and go on a roll.

but week division or not, I am loving the Habs right now, liking their coaches, GM, signings, trades, Old men with cupr rings, 4 that I can count, hot wives, young guys playing big roles, hot mothers, Bergevin's stylish red suit and long hair, Burrows, Toffoli.

anyway you make up some stuff that makes you happy, if you can be happy

I'ma just gonna enjoy this and wait for round four

happy trails

On 6/10/2021 at 12:45 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

I’ve been a fan since day one.

I want to see us win a cup in my lifetime.

IMHO Green is not the coach to bring us a Cup.

IMHO any time with him as our coach is wasted time.

Wanting Green fired is not trolling, it’s, IMHO, the best chance we have and I’ve stuck by my convictions since he was hired.

Bingo !   Let the truth be told.   You are 100% correct. Re-signing green was a terrible mistake.  This team - under Green's stale/predictable systems will never rise to the level of play that we're witnessing in the cup semi's at hand.  Green is an AHL Calibre coach and always will be.   Lets not fool ourselves into believing otherwise.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

On 6/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, Fanuck said:

The Habs, as winners of their division, are going to get a serious wake-up call when they meet Vegas/Col.  The overall weakness of the North division will be exposed for what it is sadly.   Say what we want about the North division and 'parity' but it was weak teams playing even weaker ones in my view. 

This aged well. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

This aged well. 

I'll admit,  the Habs surprised me, I didn't give them much of a chance,  not many did.  I hate Vegas as much as any team in the league so I'm definitely not sorry getting this series outcome incorrect. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

I'll admit,  the Habs surprised me, I didn't give them much of a chance,  not many did.  I hate Vegas as much as any team in the league so I'm definitely not sorry getting this series outcome incorrect. 

Me too. I thought vegas in six. Glad i was wrong. Now if montreal can lose in the finals ill be content. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Me too. I thought vegas in six. Glad i was wrong. Now if montreal can lose in the finals ill be content. 

I don't like or hate Mtl, but I hate TB for gaming the cap and I hate NYI for beating us in the finals back in the day (yes, I watched every painful game of that series and there's likely nobody left in that franchise from that era but I still hate them) so it's Mtl either way.

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I don't like or hate Mtl, but I hate TB for gaming the cap and I hate NYI for beating us in the finals back in the day (yes, I watched every painful game of that series and there's likely nobody left in that franchise from that era but I still hate them) so it's Mtl either way.

I cant hate the isles. Young hardworking team. I dont like TB, but if they win maybe the way cap works will be fixed, and we can always bring it up. Basically its a dishonest stanley cup. “Yeah good job you won by cheating big deal.”

cant imagine how insufferable habs fans will get if they are still the only canadian team to win since 93, and twice at that. Barf. 

Also it would be nice to be able to say “Look at what montreal did to their city after they lost.”, instead of everyone bringing up Vancouver and their rioty past. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fanuck said:

8 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

This is what I was trying to get at with my OP. That this season is not one to judge success or failure, due to the divisional restrictions, teams look like powerhouses in some divisions and in others, teams look weak.  Montreal finished 18th overall…. I repeat ATE TEEN THHHHH

They finished lower than 2 non playoff teams lol. Just barely above a .500 record but they are surprising people because they look at the standings and think “oh gee, Vegas only lost 14 times this season, they are going to destroy that poor poor montreal team from the Northern division” when in fact the Northern division was like a dog fight all season, teams that are all pretty equal, none stand out well above the rest. Montreal was battle hardened from the competition rarely fluctuating too far from strong to weak. They know how hard they have to battle each and every game.

VGK has had a cake walk for nearly half their season. 24 games against LAK SJS and ANA.. teams that are clearly bottom of the league.

And ultimately what I wanted to get across to fans is that Vancouver is much better than where we finished and how our season went. We were able to battle back after a really poor start and THE WORST scheduling in the league… We were winning quite a bit without Petey too, its just that we couldnt overcome the all that adversity with the additional adversity of COVID. But we were overcoming the scheduling and injuries… COVID was too much.