The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Getting a top 6 Forward while keeping 9th overall

I heard that Arizona have no intension of keeping Garland. they need to dump some salary but still have the min cap. I think we make perfect trading partners. 

To Van:

Connor Garland (RFA) 

Phil Kessel (6 Mil) 

To Arizona:

Louis Eriksson (4 mil salary) 

Antoine Roussel (1.9 mil salary)

3rd round pick 2021 

conditional 2nd round pick 2022 ( becomes a 1st if the Canucks make the playoffs) 

break down:

Garland is worth a 1st round pick in the 20-32 range 

Kessel is a player that the canucks could actually play rather than just sitting Eriksson. Both Contracts are only for a year

We pay a 3rd to get rid of Roussel's cap hit. some might say he won't waive to go there but honestly he would have no issue cracking that a roster and a meaningful spot on a team does carry some weight to a player. 

with this move alone ( I think there will be quite a few more) the forward group would look like this:

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Gadjovich Miller Podkolzin

Motte Graovac Kessel

Yea kessel on the 4th line but that is because Benning wants each line to have some scoring power. He would also mainy be utilized on the 2nd unit PP which really does need some help. 

also just for fun how i could see the draft top 10 going:

1) buffalo - Owne Power

2) Kraken- Matthew Beniers

3) Traded to sabers in an Eichel Deal Buffalo- William Eklund

4) NJD- Brandt Clarke

5) CBJ- Mason Mctavish (rumored they are taking him there) 

6) DET- Jesper Wallstedt (Rumored they are taking him there) 

7) Vancouver calls and trades Pick 9+ 41 for picks 7+ 71+ 103 Van- Luke Hughes 

8) LAK-Simon Edvinsson 

9) SJS- Dylan Guenther

10) OTT- Cole Silinger 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Kessel's salary is only 1 million (despite him being a 8 million cap hit after June 30 because of the way his contract was constructed.  Why does Arizona want a totally useless higher paid player in Eriksson who also costs more in salary (3 million salary)?  At least Kessel can still play a bit.

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Kessel's salary is only 1 million (despite him being a 8 million cap hit after June 30 because of the way his contract was constructed.  Why does Arizona want a totally useless higher paid player in Eriksson who also costs more in salary (3 million salary)?  At least Kessel can still play a bit.

Maybe I read cap friendly wrong. 

12 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I heard that Arizona have no intension of keeping Garland. they need to dump some salary but still have the min cap. I think we make perfect trading partners.

ARI would be nuts to trade Garland. He is one of their top scorers and a hell of player.

8 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah lol this makes no sense. Whatvthe heck are they doing in arizona

Who knows what they’re doing in Arizona. But if they want to trade Garland and we can get him for cheap, I’m down. 

Get ‘er down Benning.