The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’m sorry patting yourself on the back and basically calling people stupid has led to backlash. No idea how that happened, it’s a mystery. One of life's greatest mysteries really. :ph34r:

When did I call anyone stupid? :lol:

I'm just looking at some old takes gone wrong... sorry for having a discussion on a discussion forum.

15 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

When did I call anyone stupid? :lol:

I'm just looking at some old takes gone wrong... sorry for having a discussion on a discussion forum.

The patting on the back while calling people delusional and brain washed. Pretty obvious what you’re doing. 

• There it is 1

5 hours ago, JohnTavares said:

What does John Tavares have to do with this discussion/conversation at all despite my username being JohnTavares?

If this isn't incessant trolling, I don't know what is.  

Mods ain't gonna do anything though cus I'm the villain here.

Maybe pick a different username if you don't want people commenting on it?

From what I've seen in this thread recently, there's been no real harrasment at all and you seem to be very keen on playing the victim here. 

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

16 hours ago, dougieL said:

Why would we spend assets and all this cap space to acquire a slow and aging dman who can only play within a certain type of system instead of being someone who can actually provide the structure we need?

I wanted to believe we would rebound, when JB was hired as the new GM in 2014  when he said in a press conference "This is a team we can turn around in a hurry" - It is now 2023 in days  getting the same results(How can anyone defend him, when he said that)? He had a good kick at the can (at least 2 years too long for my liking)

Eventually I came to believe JB could not build a team, He would max out our cap on signing bottom 6 forwards, when strong teams build from the goalie out

When he got EP, He was then eventually building another Leafs Oilers team with forwards

He kept changing direction then traded some of those mistakes for a Dman that plays the same side of Hughes on a long term deal because he hadn't been building from the D out and when given the opportunity of a 50% chance on OEL he was like a fat kid in a candy store and blew all his money again, when he only has Boston if he was that desperate (maybe he wanted to do Boston a favour):rolleyes:

15 hours ago, dougieL said:

The Athletic player cards have OEL currently valued at 1m. Painfully accurate.

He was at 2.5 or so a week ago so they must have adjusted.  

Demko is at -6.7 mil in value on those cards too and signed for nearly as long. 

What does it mean?  Nothing. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

11 hours ago, Ur a Towel said:

Maybe pick a different username if you don't want people commenting on it?

From what I've seen in this thread recently, there's been no real harrasment at all and you seem to be very keen on playing the victim here. 

I picked this username in 2006.

My bad, let me go back in time to 2006 to change my username because some grown adults are annoyed at my username on a hockey message board.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

I picked this username in 2006.

My bad, let me go back in time to 2006 to change my username because some grown adults are annoyed at my username on a hockey message board.

OR you could go in to your account settings and click "change"? 

I admit that time travel does sound fun so maybe your way is best. 

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

OR you could go in to your account settings and click "change"? 

I admit that time travel does sound fun so maybe your way is best. 

Why do I have to change my username because some grown men are annoyed/upset on a hockey forum?

Don't these "grown men" got anything better to do?  I guess not in some cases...

Though 65k posts on a hockey forum... not sure if I should feel impressed or sorry for him.

Edited by JohnTavares

18 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Karlsson has 42pts in 34 games and +8 on a god awful Sharks team. Had injury issues the last couple seasons but he’s earning his contract right now. 

Karlsson is the exception, not the rule.

Also, why are you comparing OEL to Karlsson?

Karlsson's a generational talent. OEL is not even close.  

If you think OEL is going to trend upwards... can't wait to bring this thread up 3-4 years from now.  Hopefully you'll be a Canucks fan by then. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

You don't but you seemed to suggest that time travel was the only way you'd be able to do it.  

You're correct.

But to give some context, I picked this username in 2006 - dude wasn't even drafted yet.

Alf has been harassing me for a while about my username calling me a Leafs fan etc (see snippets below).

image.thumb.png.7473c8f670799bbd16a270456af467e4.png

image.thumb.png.34825db4272364bac3e136e74a62128b.png

Unless I had a time machine, how the hell would I know John Tavares would be a Leaf? lol

Mods have turned a blind eye over this incessant trolling but gives me a 'friendly' warning.  Tell me how this makes sense?  I'm just trying to talk hockey and this guy literally harasses me about my username.

Yet I'm the troll and he's not?

Edited by JohnTavares
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

Karlsson is the exception, not the rule.

Also, why are you comparing OEL to Karlsson?

Karlsson's a generational talent. OEL is not even close.  

If you think OEL is going to trend upwards... can't wait to bring this thread up 3-4 years from now.  Hopefully you'll be a Canucks fan by then. :lol:

Did I say it was a comparison? Because I'd like to see something besides words being put in my mouth. 

Also been a Canucks fan since about 87-88 so quite clearly not going anywhere. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Did I say it was a comparison? Because I'd like to see something besides words being put in my mouth. 

Also been a Canucks fan since about 87-88 so quite clearly not going anywhere. 

You're right

I don't even know why Karlsson is part of this discussion because he's earning his contract.

Hard to navigate this topic anymore with all these trolls.

2 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

You're correct.

But to give some context, I picked this username in 2006 - dude wasn't even drafted yet.

Alf has been harassing me for a while about my username calling me a Leafs fan etc (see snippets below).

image.thumb.png.7473c8f670799bbd16a270456af467e4.png

image.thumb.png.34825db4272364bac3e136e74a62128b.png

Unless I had a time machine, how the hell would I know John Tavares would be a Leaf? lol

Mods have turned a blind eye over this incessant trolling but gives me a 'friendly' warning.  Tell me how this makes sense?  I'm just trying to talk hockey and this guy literally harasses me about my username.

Yet I'm the troll and he's not?

Yes clearly that's next level trolling.  Poor you.  How could the mods possibly ignore such evils?  What is this world coming to.

Better lash out and whinge as much as possible! 

For real... you can use the "ignore" function and/or you can easily change your username.  If it's truly bothering you (I doubt it actually is) then you have options aside from complaining.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Yes clearly that's next level trolling.  Poor you.  How could the mods possibly ignore such evils?  What is this world coming to.

Better lash out and whinge as much as possible! 

For real... you can use the "ignore" function and/or you can easily change your username.  If it's truly bothering you (I doubt it actually is) then you have options aside from complaining.

So give the same energy to other people.

You can copy and paste this exact comment to Alf.

No?

It's not bothering me at all, I just don't understand his obsession with my username.  I guess the dude has nothing else to do. 65k points since 2015.. I think CDC is basically his life at this point.  Good for him I guess... guess there's nothing to do at the Senior Home.

Edited by JohnTavares

2 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

So give the same energy to other people.

You can copy and paste this exact comment to Alf.

No?

It's not bothering me at all, I just don't understand his obsession with my username.  I guess the dude has nothing else to do. 65k points since 2015.. I think CDC is basically his life at this point.  Good for him I guess... guess there's nothing to do at the Senior Home.

I don't see him relentlessly complaining and begging the mods to punish another poster.  Just you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I don't see him relentlessly complaining and begging the mods to punish another poster.  Just you.

But you don't see the incessant trolling?  I literally pasted screenshots from a year ago but Ok.

This is gaslighting at it's finest.

Bully goes after someone. The crowd then gaslights the victim and makes them the villain.

EDIT:

I'm just here to talk hockey so I'm not going to continue about the username discussion. If Alf wants to keep harassing me about it, then good for him. He can add to his 65k post count.  Mods won't do anything and that's fine.

Edited by JohnTavares

10 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

You're right

I don't even know why Karlsson is part of this discussion because he's earning his contract.

Hard to navigate this topic anymore with all these trolls.

If your comprehension wasn't severely lacking you'd understand the point was one player can only do so much, NOT a comparison. It really isn't that hard to connect the dots there especially as someone who has been calling others blind/stupid/delusional. Maybe you should spend some more time working on comprehension skills and less time talking down to and making fun of people and patting yourself on the back. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If your comprehension wasn't severely lacking you'd understand the point was one player can only do so much, NOT a comparison. It really isn't that hard to connect the dots there especially as someone who has been calling others blind/stupid/delusional. Maybe you should spend some more time working on comprehension skills and less time talking down to and making fun of people and patting yourself on the back. 

Like I said.

I'm happy to bump this post in 3/4 years when OEL is bought out or scratched.  If you don't think you OEL is part of the problem, I want whatever you're having and double it.

Then I can say 'I told you so' again! :)

Edited by JohnTavares