The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

he's the GM, of course he made the pick.  Other teams had almost 10 people on stage.........just saying it's a tad hypocritical to hire women, soak up the positive press from it and then, despite being at the table, don't get to go up

Weird hill, buddy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Was Derek Clancey up there?  

Was Ryan Johnson up there?  

Were any assistant GMs up there?  

The answer is no.  

They had a GM, the President, the owner and his daughter, the coach, and a bunch of scouts responsible for this selection.  

Stop looking for reasons to get offended. 

where did I say offended?  I said it was a tad hypocritical to make a huge deal hiring women and preaching diversity and then leave the women at the table while the men go up for the selection.  Other teams had 8-9 people up.  I just find it to be hypocritical, not offensive.  Don't be so sensitive

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

I wonder how it feels for some of these guys to show up to the first round, Maybe expecting to get drafted and it never happens 

don cherry implored kids, for decades, to not come to the draft for that very reason

5 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

There's an argument to be made that your fake outrage is patronizing to these women. 

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I've watched every Emilie Castonguay interview and I have noticed that she gets very annoyed when people keep bringing up the sex issue over and over and over again.  

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I have no issue with taking skill over size but I do have issue with taking a small winger with skating issues for our team in a position we have a log jam. 

Pod Boeser Garland Karlsson Klim 

Where does he play is he the guy to ride shotty with Pete? Does he help Bo's line taking on teams top lines?

hes not playing for 3 years IMHO so the lineup will look different.  Brock might be gone , Garland might be gone, Klim could be a bust.  Take the best player available.  they obviouslty thought this kid was just that...