The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucas Forsell | LW

On 4/22/2023 at 9:48 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Benning made the playoff first year with Gillis's team.

You said it.  70% of the team are Benning guys and look where that team is: capped out, no first round pick for three years until Rutherford comes, buried under impossible to move contracts, players lost because he screwed up the cap, didn't move on guys we needed to re-sign, the list of Benning idiocracy is virtually endless, the only draft hits beyond high second picks to work out he traded for nothing.. About the only thing he was good at was sucking up to ownership absolutely determined to be nothing but mediocre. 

As one of the other posters pointed out, which I was going to say… that was Burke and Nonis’s team. 

The team is capped out hey?

was Mikheyev a wise signing if Benning left no room?

Did Garland have no trade value after last year?

or Miller?

Myers and OEL, after an outstanding season last year Myers had 2 years remaining, you think there would be no takers with 50% retained?

PA and JR had trade chips to reduce their cap situation. THEY chose to reinvest in last season and add. Benning didnt hand out any contracts last year. Quit blaming Benning for JR and PA doubling down.

Lmao Bennings worst contracts are 

LE 6x6 during rebuilding years. woopty f***ing doo Bazzle

Myers 6x5 - we had no blueline and full of freshly drafted forwards. We kinda needed an NHL dman to fill the hole on the back end.

Beagle and Roussel on 4 year deals once again this was at the start of the Pettersson era, we werent winning a cup anytime soon. Sooo idk what you’re realistic expectations are, but they are on f***ing pluto. 

The OEL acquisition. This was only year 2. His first year was elite his second year was “down” but how much of that was actually him? You said elsewhere he was playing through injury,

His numbers arent nearly as bad as you think. The more concerning numbers are our goaltenders.

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

That's easy. He's a 7th rd pick, that scored 11 goals in the SHL last season as a U20 player.

In fact, he was the leading U20 goal scorer in the SHL last season,  more than Leo Carlsson or Filip Bystedt. He actually has more goals in the SHL as a U20 player than Marco Karper, Calle Jarnkrok, Jakub Vrana, William Eklund, Lucas Raymond, Mika Zibanejad, Adrian Kempe and a lot of other high end prospects or current NHLers despite the fact that every player I mentioned played more games in the SHL as a U20 than Forsell.

Does any of this mean that he's a sure fire future NHLer? No. But it sure is a hell of a lot to be excited for in a 7th round pick.

Next season will be an important one for Forsell. I’m not sure if he’s going to be able to sustain a >25% shooting percentage in the SHL, so it’ll be interesting to see how many goals he scores. And hopefully he also can create a few more assists (he had only 2 last SHL season, to go with his 11 goals). But he should get more opportunities next season, playing higher minutes and regularly appearing on top-6 lines alongside better players, so hopefully he’ll be involved in a lot more scoring chances, allowing him to boost his totals, even if he sees some regression on shooting percentage.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 points in 35 games in SHL and 6 points in 17 games in Allsvenskan.......165 pound perimeter player.......no disrespect but I preferred Connor Lockhart who is a similar player with better touch and more grit. Canucks didn't even sign him......maybe I should stick to my day job and forget my dreams of becoming a GM in the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

17 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

13 points in 35 games in SHL and 6 points in 17 games in Allsvenskan.......165 pound perimeter player.......no disrespect but I preferred Connor Lockhart who is a similar player with better touch and more grit. Canucks didn't even sign him......maybe I should stick to my day job and forget my dreams of becoming a GM in the NHL.

He's not a perimeter player, lots of tips and rebounds around the net for him. 

• 1 month later...