The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Cal - Buf Blockbuster

To Calgary:

Eichel and Skinner with 20% retained (1.8M)

To Buffalo:

Monahan, Johnny hockey, Connor Zary, Dustin Wolf and an Unprotected 2022 first, 2023 2nd, 2022 5th

Both teams need to do something, in Calgary they seem to think they can keep winning with their core, but they cannot. Buffalo needs to rebuild their rebuild so they get Zary, Wolf and a 1st, 2nd & 5th plus 2 players to replace Eichel and Skinner

Treliving needs to do something, his core just isn't enough to get Calgary into the playoffs IMO

Thoughts?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Any trade that makes Calgary worse now, and in the future, I’m all for.  :frantic:

This does a bit of both I think. I personally am not a huge fan of Eichel, over rated IMO

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Smart suggestion here.

Not easy for Cowtown to attract major FA talent, of this degree. So they get one that may not be 100%, & have to take on an albatross.

Buff gets a fresh start.

I would add a compensatory pick to Cal, in the event that JE's health trubs are worse than expected. Perhaps the 2023 2nd travels the other way?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CR7 said:

To Calgary:

Eichel and Skinner with 20% retained (1.8M)

To Buffalo:

Monahan, Johnny hockey, Connor Zary, Dustin Wolf and an Unprotected 2022 first, 2023 2nd, 2022 5th

Both teams need to do something, in Calgary they seem to think they can keep winning with their core, but they cannot. Buffalo needs to rebuild their rebuild so they get Zary, Wolf and a 1st, 2nd & 5th plus 2 players to replace Eichel and Skinner

Treliving needs to do something, his core just isn't enough to get Calgary into the playoffs IMO

Thoughts?

I am not a fan of anything that brings better talent to a rival.  Eichel is the best player in the deal by far.  However, he is also a cancer.  Those two contracts would choke the Flames and I promise Eichel will not be happy in Calgary and will want to be traded again within 2 years.  If I were Calgary, I would stay far away from giving away this much for a cancer who won't be happy.  I would just try to trade Johnny Whiner, I mean Hockey, for something that helps my team and doesn't screw me salary-wise.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Smart suggestion here.

Not easy for Cowtown to attract major FA talent, of this degree. So they get one that may not be 100%, & have to take on an albatross.

Buff gets a fresh start.

I would add a compensatory pick to Cal, in the event that JE's health trubs are worse than expected. Perhaps the 2023 2nd travels the other way?

Conditional on Games played. 2023 3rd rounder increases to a 1st if Eichel does not play 82 games over 2 seasons