The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

To CBJ:

small.png Rasmus Andersson

small.png Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

small.png Trent Frederic

small.png Yaroslav Askarov

To TOR:

small.png Lucas Raymond

small.png Zemgus Girgensons

Now that its a official we would like to thank @Rush17for making the biggest mistake of his life by trading me Lucas Raymond :P

I kid, I kid.. Rush is well on his way to a chip, and to think he pried Askarov for another potential trade chip should scare you other contenders into overpaying for the Benning's and Gudbranson's of the world!

In all seriousness though, we are thrilled to add Raymond who will be McDavid's winger for years to come!

Losing Andersson hurts, but with Luke Hughes coming up next year we felt we could part ways with him if the right deal presented itself. Askarov was a tough pill to swallow, but we are very encouraged by recent UFA signing Erik Portillo's progression. 6'6 monster we are hoping takes over for a young talented Sabers team. 

We are now going to shift our focus to adding more 2022 draft capital, and mapping out a plan to give us the best chance to compete as soon as next season!.. However with Oilers resurgance, dont count us out this year quite yet ;)

Edited by Gator

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Edmonton Oilers.

To CBJ:

small.png Sam Reinhart

small.png Erik Johnson ( $ 3 million retained 2021-22, 2022-23 seasons )

To EDM:

small.png Dylan Cozens

small.png Brennan Othmann

small.png Riley Stillman

small.png Ivan Morozov

small.png Jakub Galvas

small.png Anton Olsson

small.png Isak Rosen

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Edmonton Oilers.

To CBJ:

small.png Sam Reinhart

small.png Erik Johnson ( $ 3 million retained 2021-22, 2022-23 seasons )

To EDM:

small.png Dylan Cozens

small.png Brennan Othmann

small.png Riley Stillman

small.png Ivan Morozov

small.png Jakub Galvas

small.png Anton Olsson

small.png Isak Rosen

A steep price but one well worth the price of admission. Sam is a phenomenal player on a very strong team. Johnson was a wonderful 3rd pair add as someone who can play some tough matchups and add some experience to our lineup. We will get 2 years out of Johnson and Sam is signed for another 4 seasons past this year.  We appreciate Surfer be willing to be flexible on Sam. We know he has had him for quite some time and has developed a strong relationship with him in the Oilers franchise.

This trade is a bit historic for myself personally. I joined GML part way into the 2018-19 season and my first ever draft selection was the headliner here going to the Oilers in Dylan Cozens. A player we felt truly embodied the values and characteristics of what it is to be a Blue Jacket. He is a great young leader and a warrior on the ice. Moving on from him was difficult but was a requirement if we want to seriously bring a championship back to the great state of ohio. 

Sacrifice is required if you want to win a championship. Thanks @Canuck Surfer for the talks and for uniting us with Sam and Erik on our quest for a cup!

• Like 1