The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

That’s why they did it early but I’d be shocked if he cleared. Big man that can skate now. 

I wouldn't be shocked.  I doubt he gets claimed.  A lot of teams like their own prospects, and unless they have a real glaring need, they usually don't claim anybody.

Just now, Viper007 said:

I wouldn't be shocked.  I doubt he gets claimed.  A lot of teams like their own prospects, and unless they have a real glaring need, they usually don't claim anybody.

You better be right or I’m coming for you. 

lol Jk

Hopefully he clears and tears it up in Abby.

Depending on other cuts I think he'd still be one of the top call ups.

He's only 22, he'll get his shot with us or someone else.

What I don't like about this is that with the new cross checking penalty/confusion, he's the ideal guy to drop in front of the net on the PP for either a screen, deflection or mucky goal, but can also draw penalties there because of his sizeable, aggressive presence.  

Perhaps the veteran experience of Chiasson is what's kept him with the PTO. Could provide some of the young'uns with guidance, but I'd still rather see JG in the lineup.

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I guess Di Giuseppe did enough to beat out Gadj for that 4LW spot

Can't disagree, thought Di Giuseppe was a rare bright spot last night.

Though I'm always rooting to keep decent push-back guys like Gadj on the roster.

Hope he survives for Abby.

Just now, Viper007 said:

I'm surprised Gadjovich is the only player put on waivers today for the Nucks.  There are a few others I would have put on the list as well.

Maybe that was the idea to sneak him in. You’re right though guys like Dries come to mind 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Maybe that was the idea to sneak him in. You’re right though guys like Dries come to mind 

Only putting one person on waivers makes it stick out more IMO.  I agree Dries and Focht probably should be waived also.

Edited by Viper007

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I'm surprised Gadjovich is the only player put on waivers today for the Nucks.  There are a few others I would have put on the list as well.

Quite a number of others Viper, none of who possess Gadj toughness.

A bit baffling really, timing must be strategic.

Lets hope it don't backfire.