The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2021-22

Nail

17 minutes ago, Nail said:

Update:

Waiver exemption statuses have been updated on the team sheets.

Also the years of team control have been updated for 2021 draft picks. Teams will own the rights to players drafted out of European/Collegiate leagues for an additional 2 more years than what was originally shown on the sheets.

Finally, the last thing on my agenda for league business was the final decision for what we will replace the starting goalie list with.

Previously, I had said we would create another poll to further decide which steps we would implement for next season. Looking at the results now, I feel that no second poll is needed and we have a general consensus that the league would prefer to have in place.

To refresh everyone's memory, this was the question and the multiple choice answers provided:

Next season, we will be removing the starting goalies list. I am going to list off a few options that we can use instead of the starting goalies list, click any of them which may interest you (I am open to implementing multiple of these for next season). Like the PIMs question, another poll will be created before any changes are finalized.

• Each situation is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If a team has two unquestioned starting goalies, one of them will request a move and the team will have a period of time to accommodate the move.
  • Put a limit on the number of goalie points a team can earn in a playoff round. This limit would reflect the potential for one goalie to get shutouts or assists in a playoff series but would ensure a team cannot benefit from having two winning starting goalies in a playoff round.
  • Remove the "randomness" to the NTC/NMC lists for goalies. The lists for goalies with clauses will be manually crafted and tailored towards teams that would actually have interest in acquiring the player.
  • No opinion

There were 32 responses to this question however 3 GMs had no opinion, meaning there was a possible 29 votes for each option.

For option #1, evaluating each situation on a case-by-case basis, there were 22 GMs in favour of this.

For option #2, putting a limit on the # of goalie points a team can earn in a playoff round, there were 6 GMs in favour of this.

For option #3, removing the randomness to NTC/NMC lists for goalies, there were 17 GMs in favour of this.

---

My intentions with the multiple choice polls was to implement anything that had over 50% of the vote. Therefore, options #1 and #3 will be put into place, effective immediately.

For option #1, "a period of time" is a broad statement which can be interpreted in many ways. It is important this is cleared up before we move any further. If a team has a goaltender request a move, the team will be given one month if mid-season, or a summer if in the off-season. Failure to move the goalie will result in them sitting out and they will not accumulate any points on your roster.

For option #3, GMs with goalies who have NTC or NMCs may feel free to reach out to me in their Trade List PM and we can discuss options for your goaltender moving forward. Please only do so if you have active plans to move said goaltender.

Thank you to all for your feedback on this issue, I think both these options will resolve any handcuffing that occurred previously with a starting goalie list in place. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

What was the percentage of the vote to add a 6th round? I voted yes anyway but didn't give much thought to it. Didn't realize there would be this many intriguing prospects still on the board at this stage of the draft.

Didn't seem to be the case last year, but I guess I wasn't as dialed in to all the over-agers available. Again, a result of only 5 rounds I guess.

Edited by HighOnHockey

5 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

What was the percentage of the vote to add a 6th round? I voted yes anyway but didn't give much thought to it. Didn't realize there would be this many intriguing prospects still on the board at this stage of the draft.

Didn't seem to be the case last year, but I guess I wasn't as dialed in to all the over-agers available. Again, a result of only 5 rounds I guess.

67% when 75% was needed.

• Thanks 1

I voted honestly in that one, but i am not committed against a sixth round, just felt at the time of the vote that we need guys to not be drafted so that clubs who need guys have a pool to sign them from. I am not strongly committed to that, so if we vote again next year i could change my mind. 32 of us, roughly 3% per vote...would still need two other votes to change. meh. I still think vaguely, it is good to have some valueable kids undrafted, for top to bottom league health.

edit: The creamy filling isn't falling to the sixth round, its just some chocolate and nugget crumbs so while they are intrigueing, they are never game changing, one in a thousand maybe, hehehe. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

14 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I voted honestly in that one, but i am not committed against a sixth round, just felt at the time of the vote that we need guys to not be drafted so that clubs who need guys have a pool to sign them from. I am not strongly committed to that, so if we vote again next year i could change my mind. 32 of us, roughly 3% per vote...would still need two other votes to change. meh. I still think vaguely, it is good to have some valueable kids undrafted, for top to bottom league health.

edit: The creamy filling isn't falling to the sixth round, its just some chocolate and nugget crumbs so while they are intrigueing, they are never game changing, one in a thousand maybe, hehehe. 

Not sure I follow your rationale. I'm quite new to all this and still have a lot to learn but my thinking was that less picks is more beneficial to the more talented GMs who are able to find undrafted gems. Or rather lets say the more committed GMs who are willing to wade through the muck. This is why I've been trading away 4ths and 5ths like water, because I saw pretty quickly that I can acquire similar quality prospects at free agency. Granted, I threw a lot at the wall last summer, and ended up with a few really useless contracts, but ended up with Soderblom (who is looking really legit) and Steeves (who I then flipped as a casual throw-in for Soucy :picard: ).

• Cheers 1

84923821_LightningBolt.png.38dd62e4aab71031bf23a5b93848ef9c.png 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning FL Entry Draft Review 84923821_LightningBolt.png.38dd62e4aab71031bf23a5b93848ef9c.png

18 - Pavel Mintyukov (11)

23 - Jiri Kulich (27)

25 - Noah Ostlund (32)

29 - Jagger Firkus (24)

88 - Cruz Lucius (68)

93 - Vinzenz Rohrer (74)

95 - Kasper Kulonummi (74)

104 - Matthew Seminoff (70)

120 - Servac Petrovsky (84)

140 - David Spacek (131)

154 - Tyson Jugnauth (107)

157 - George Fegaras (N/R)

158 - Niklas Kokko (N/R)

We would like to welcome the 13 newest prospects to the Tampa Bay organization. We could not be more excited with how our draft went, and we feel as though we have ome potential steals. Starting the draft with 2 1sts, and then to pick 4 times was an amazing feat by our management staff. Though in order for us to obtain those picks we saw some good players leave Tampa, it was worthwhile as we take our organization through the retooling process. Our scouts seemed to have hit on every prospect (braket #'s are where our scouts had the players ranked to go), we feel as though we may have ourselves some quality youth up and coming in the coming years

After a busy draft, we now have our sights set on free agency. We have some work to do and some veteran players whom we are looking to move out (Yanni Gourde, Jordan Eberle, Jonas Brodin, Michael Matheson) to name a few are availible for trades. Will also be looking at moving some forward depth out to strengthen our defense (Kevin Labanc, Anthony Mantha, Nick Ritchie) will be players discussed to acheive this.

Thanks to @Nailfor hosting the draft and all the behind the scenes work that goes into it!

raw.jpg.db056bd31603c80ce1b967e2039a5122.jpg

Edited by Tylez
  • Like 1

Thanks to @Tylez and @Nailfor all the draft work. 

LAK Summary:

Matthew Savoie (5) - Probably will be drafted closer to 7-10, but I felt that this was a high-ceiling player and worth taking a swing on. 

Ty Nelson (36) - Received the Jack Ferguson award for being selected 1st overall in the OHL draft. The three players to win the award before him were Shane Wright, Quinton Byfield, and Ryan Suzuki. Hoping he has a similar path, though he took a step backwards this year. 

Jordan Dumais (59) - My first real 'reach' given existing rankings, but when you're the third-highest scorer in the Q, I don't really care how you do it. 

Zack Ostapchuk (68) - Surprise 2021 2nd round pick by Ottawa. Terrible start to the year, but excellent playoffs. Might end up regretting not taking Reid Schaefer or Noah Warren instead. 

Others

Jordan Gustafson (91)

Isaiah George (94)

Otto Salin (100)

Markus Vidicek (132)

Tucker Robertson (160)

• Like 4

2022 NHL Draft order set through first 28 picks

Devils mascot smashes through window at children's party

NJ Devils Draft Recap

4th Overall Selection - Logan Cooley

C - US National U18 Team

2021-22 UNDP Season

GP: 51    G: 27    A: 48    PT: 75

Cooley croit en ses chances | Le Journal de Québec  

Cooley was a welcomed selection at fourth overall. A player we had   not anticipated falling to us at 4. Our original objective was to target   a Dman at this position but to our surprise Logan Cooley fell to our   laps.  We are thrilled Cooley has immense skill and hockey IQ and   we couldn't be happier to welcome to the NJ organization. The   recent talks of Logan Cooley potentially challenging for 1st Overall   in  the NHL Entry Draft is just a cherry on top. We are so very   thrilled   to have Logan join our young nucleolus; which happens to   feature many current and former UNDP players. Logan intends to   turn pro after this upcoming season and we look forward to him   joining our club for the 2023-24 Season! The reinforcements are   coming NJ fans!

11th Overall Selection - Brad Lambert

C/RW - Lilga Pelicans

2021-22 Lilga Season

GP: 49    G: 4    A: 6    PT: 10

Lambert was a player who stood out to us early last year at the   World Junior Championships. We quickly fell in love with the   potential he has in his game. Although he struggled this season in   Finland in his draft eligible year. We saw him shine vs his peers at   the 2021 World Junior Championships. Although he only played 2   games, he tallied 5 points and looked dominant with fellow NJ   prospect Samuel Helenius. Many players early in this years draft   would have equally struggled playing vs men in Finland. We hold no   judgement on his regular season play. We believe confidently in the   player and believe he has the potential to become a premier star   forward in the NHL.

Names To Know: Brad Lambert Comes With Question Marks, But His Explosive  Skating Makes Him An Intriguing Prospect | 1st Ohio Battery

15th Overall Selection - Kevin Korchinski

D - WHL Seattle Thunderbirds

2021-22 WHL Season

GP: 67    G: 4    A: 61    PT: 65

The Scouting News

Korchinski sold us on himself late into our scouting season. A-GM   arby had strong convictions on Korchinski and enthusiastically   encouraged us to take him once we had acquired the 15th Overall   Selection. Originally we were leaning for Pavel Mintyukov at this   range but the more we watched of Korchinski the more we saw the   elite potential he possesses.  He reminds us of a hybrid of Shea   Theodore and Thomas Chabot. His smooth skating and great   escapability were especially noticeable as the Seattle Thunderbird   went on to the WHL finals. We are thrilled with this selection and   have high hopes for him as he is one of the younger defenders in   this range.

24th Overall Selection - Rutger McGroarty

LW/C - US National U18 Team

2021-22 UNDP Season

GP: 54    G: 35    A: 34    PT: 69

McGroarty exemplifies leadership, dedication, and the desire to win.   There were so many qualities Rutger can provide a franchise.   Although he is considered a power forward he has yet to fully grow   into his body. With his dedication and passion for the game we are   confident he can improve his skating and add the necessary mass

to become an effective power scoring forward. His leadership and   respect among his peers at the UNDP speaks volumes to the quality   of player he is. To be able to draft him alongside other fellow UNDP   current and alumni it is a real luxury. We believe Rutger will be   invaluable to the leadership and chemistry of our locker room. He   approaches the game similar to that of Bo Horvat in our eyes.

Rutger McGroarty – DobberProspects

35th Overall Selection - Seamus Casey

LW/C - US National U18 Team

2021-22 UNDP Season

GP: 48    G: 10    A: 23    PT: 33

Seamus Casey — 2022 NHL Draft Profile

Casey exhibits elite puck handling and offensive instincts in the o-   zone. He is a player we have had our eyes on since the start of the   season. A player I have grown quite fond of. A smooth skating dman   who can walk the line and provide a solid 2-way presence despite   his smaller frame. He may not beat you defending with his physical   frame but his hockey intelligence is extraordinary high. Casey will   need to improve his acceleration and hone in his two way game but   he is set up for success heading to University of Michigan next   season alongside fellow NJ Devil prospect Rutger McGroarty.

Casey will be given every opportunity to succeed offensively and   they will work closely with him to make him an effective all zone   player.

115th Overall Selection - Mikey Milne

LW - Winnipeg Ice

2021-22 WHL Season

GP: 68    G: 38    A: 43    PT: 81

Milne showed up on our radar well we were actively scouting Matt   Savoie for the fourth overall selection. He quickly left a lasting   impression. Night after night he showed us the quality of player he   was and the depth of his talent. Mikey finished the playoffs with the   Winnipeg Ice leading the way for his club providing 19 points in 15   games prior to being eliminated by the eventual WHL champions the   Edmonton Oil Kings. Milne showed a high compete level with a   dedication and passion for the game that would be the envy of   many. We had Mikey ranked in the latter half of the second round.   We are thrilled to have him join us in NJ! We are excited to see   where he ends up in the NHL's Draft.

Sportsbeat - Winnipeg Ice forward Mikey Milne - DiscoverWestman.com - Local  news, Weather, Sports, Free Classifieds and Business Listings for Westman  region, Manitoba

131st Overall Selection - Maxim Barbashev

LW - Moncton Wildcats

2021-22 QMJHL Season

GP: 59    G: 15    A: 27    PT: 42

Cats coach on import: 'He's a complete package' | TJ.news

Maxim is a very intense and competitive player who has been sent   out vs top lines all season long. His responsible two way game and   offensive instincts in our eyes could make him a very interesting   piece with some further development. If Maxim can develop his   game like his brother Ivan did he could be a really dynamic piece in   the NHL over time. Next season we anticipate he will be given a   more offensive role which could unlock more of his offensive totals.   We feel quite safe with this selection and love players who compete   like Maxim.

149th Overall Selection - Tanner Dickinson

C - Soo Greyhounds

2021-22 OHL Season

GP: 35    G: 18    A: 29    PT: 47

Tanner is a speedy center with good offensive instincts. The   Pennsylvania native is the second player we have drafted out of   Pittsburgh this draft. (Logan Cooley being the other). Tanner was   selected by the St Louis Blues in the 2020 entry draft and has   continued to trend upwards since his draft year. He was on a strong   pace this season before a broken femur derailed his season. He is   expected to take a few more years of development before he could   crack an NHL lineup but we are optimistic about the skillset he   brings. We look forward to tracking his development over the next   season or two as he remains an unsigned prospect in our system.

Perrysburg's Tanner Dickinson making gains on NHL goal | The Blade

152nd - Ben Roger

D - Kingston Frontenacs

2021-22 OHL Season

GP: 55    G: 1    A: 12    PT: 13

OHL Weekly Wrap Up: McTavish, Wisdom, Roger & More

Ben Roger exhibits a steady two-way defensive game with a good   defensive mind. Drafted in the 2nd Round by the Senators in 2021   we felt he would be a great fit in our organization. The opportunities   he will be given as a steady RHD in their system should provide   ample opportunity for him to test his metal in the NHL. His ceiling   may be that of a Brayden McNabb with perhaps a more modest   projection as a Jarred Tinordi type depth D. A valuable piece to   have within the organization though to be sure. RHD that are   capable are difficult and expensive to come by. We believe he will   be closer to the McNabb type comparison. Or so we hope. :)

The NJ Devils are extremely proud of our 2022 Entry Class. There is lots of work left to do but we have added another nine quality prospects to the system and continue to build up our youthful invasion. 

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2022 draft selections have been added to the team sheets.

Most selections: Tampa Bay (13)

Least selections: Pittsburgh, Toronto, Vancouver (0)

There are a few draft pick related trades I still need to post, these will be posted tomorrow.

• Like 2

Buyout:

The following player has been bought out:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson (OTT) - $2.833333M charge for the next 10 seasons

*Note due to OEL being a member of the Senators for more than 3 seasons and having a NMC, he did not need to clear waivers prior to his buyout.

We have a trade to announce...

To ARZ - TBL 2023 5th Round Pick, TBL 2024 5th Round Pick
To TBL - ARZ 2022 5th Round Pick (157th overall, George Fegaras), CAR 2022 5th Round Pick (158th overall, Niklas Kokko)