The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tampa Bay doing what they gotta do to continue the dynasty...

Rate this topic

HKSR

5 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

1) An extended rest while being quite fresh before the playoffs.

2) 10 million in LTIR space.  You know who wants out of Buffalo and just so happens to have a 10 million dollar cap hit?  Habs + Eichel = cup? (something that currently eludes Price).

3) “nothing to gain and everything to lose.”  In theory, you’re right, but how does one exactly prove that one is faking a mental illness?  My guess is that it would be almost impossible.  

I’m done with this conversation. To suggest a highly respected person like Price would stoop to the despicable act of faking a mental illness for “a rest” is pretty much the most disgusting suggestion I’ve ever seen on this website.  You’re not a good person.  Good day to you 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

I’m done with this conversation. To suggest a highly respected person like Price would stoop to the despicable act of faking a mental illness for “a rest” is pretty much the most disgusting suggestion I’ve ever seen on this website.  You’re not a good person.  Good day to you 

Well in my defense, I’m a huge fan of George Costanza and so that’s probably where a lot of my disgusting suggestions stem from?  After all, Costanza faked an elbow injury. Good day to you as well.  

4 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Fair enough.

With Price on “LTIR” however, wouldn’t it be possible for Bergevin to bring in someone like Jack Eichel per se?

No.  They need to have the cap space to be able to activate Price off LTIR.  They likely wouldn’t have the cap space to have both on the team next season either.  

Bergevin was caught by surprise as per his presser.  Montreal is having a dreadful start to the season. They most certainly would want Price in net but also in the room.  He is one of their top leaders and without Weber too, the team looks somewhat lost. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

1) An extended rest while being quite fresh before the playoffs.

2) 10 million in LTIR space.  You know who wants out of Buffalo and just so happens to have a 10 million dollar cap hit?  Habs + Eichel = cup? (something that currently eludes Price).

3) “nothing to gain and everything to lose.”  In theory, you’re right, but how does one exactly prove that one is faking a mental illness?  My guess is that it would be almost impossible.  

I'm not buying this, PB

1) An extended rest for a goalie may not work out too well for him.  There's no certainty that he can return to form; especially if it's in the end game before the POs.

2) What makes you think that signing Eichel can win a cup for the Habs?  He has some very serious problems with his neck (talk of fusing his neck is scary).  Talk about your LTIR!

3) Prove a diagnosis of mental illness or not, Price would still have to live with a lie and cheating ways.  Besides, mental illness is still a taboo subject in many walks of life.  It is still looked down upon and marginalized.  Why on earth would CP want to claim that he had a mental illness in a scam to help the Habs maybe win a cup?  No, I don't think so.

It takes courage to tell the world that you have a mental illness; the world can be a harsh and condemning place.

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I'm not buying this, PB

1) An extended rest for a goalie may not work out too well for him.  There's no certainty that he can return to form; especially if it's in the end game before the POs.

2) What makes you think that signing Eichel can win a cup for the Habs?  He has some very serious problems with his neck (talk of fusing his neck is scary).  Talk about your LTIR!

3) Prove a diagnosis of mental illness or not, Price would still have to live with a lie and cheating ways.  Besides, mental illness is still a taboo subject in many walks of life.  It is still looked down upon and marginalized.  Why on earth would CP want to claim that he had a mental illness in a scam to help the Habs maybe win a cup?  No, I don't think so.

It takes courage to tell the world that you have a mental illness; the world can be a harsh and condemning place.

I admit that I was wrong here.  Please refer to previous post.

• Cheers 1