[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

Tick.

Tick.

2 hours.

Then,

BOOM!

Out they come, Miller and Horvat chopping each other's ankles, Motter slamming Baumer into the bench, Quinn and Petey arm-wrestling over their contracts, Gar going ape$&!# crazy on some random fan, Green sauntering towards the bench when OEL slips the carpet under his feet and he flies into the bench ala Bobby (the real Greatest Ever) Orr and the Anti-Vaxing Anthem singer, Jason King-Size Mattress throwing down with Chiasson who was trying to take a nap, new coach Brad wondering what he's gotten himself in for when suddenly Hoagie sticks him in the nads, then Corey Hirsch babbling about some past thing, bit then stopping and shouting, "Holy Hot-Heads Bettman, these Canucks look MAD tonight!

22 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Awesome to see Motter. 

Also, why does everything have to be in slow mo these days? I think it is rubbing off on our PK.

I'm kind of tired of this stuff (and I used to love it).  But we used to see behind the scenes clips of the team laughing and doing stuff together.  Not this serious image is everything crap.

I'm glad that this at least shows him working out.  I don't like the slo-mo hair tosses and glam stuff.  This is hockey not GQ.  I know they have to present a certain way in suits, but enough of these clips already.

SM shows a lot of swagger but we're not earning that right now.  Head down, focus, go to work.

I'm so negative...I'm going to work out and get this out of my system.  I hate everything ("remember, life is what you make it").  grrrrrrrr

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I have a feeling the Canucks will hang onto Green and Benning until the Canucks are eliminated from being in the playoffs. Then they'll both be fired.  The owners will probably want to give them every opportunity this season to get there.  Playoffs is the expectation.  If they don't deliver on that, bye bye

One thing I guess, is that it's possible there could be a new GM selecting VAN's high 1st next summer. Maybe he drafts a big tough Canadian kid. Something Benning hasn't done with a 1st since 2014. 

Please Aqualini's - Don't let Benning trade the 1st (2022)

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I have a feeling the Canucks will hang onto Green and Benning until the Canucks are eliminated from being in the playoffs. Then they'll both be fired.  The owners will probably want to give them every opportunity this season to get there.  Playoffs is the expectation.  If they don't deliver on that, bye bye

One thing I guess, is that it's possible there could be a new GM selecting VAN's high 1st next summer. Maybe he drafts a big tough Canadian kid. Something Benning hasn't done with a 1st since 2014. 

If the owners want playoffs, they need to get an NHL quality coach.  Keeping Green is intentionally sabotaging the team's playoff hopes.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Are you saying we still have a chance at making the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, Houdini said:

Are you saying we still have a chance at making the playoffs?

No matter how you feel about the direction, the trend whatever you may. We are still 5 games from the quarter mark. Easily can be turned around in time to make the playoffs. 

St . Louis was one of the worst teams in the NHL close to the half way mark and went on to win the Stanley cup 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If the owners want playoffs, they need to get an NHL quality coach.  Keeping Green is intentionally sabotaging the team's playoff hopes.

If he wasn't NHL "quality" then he wouldn't be coaching in the NHL.

That's like saying all the Canucks players should be playing in Abbotsford as their current play is not NHL "quality".

:towel:

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

No matter how you feel about the direction, the trend whatever you may. We are still 5 games from the quarter mark. Easily can be turned around in time to make the playoffs. 

St . Louis was one of the worst teams in the NHL close to the half way mark and went on to win the Stanley cup 

And they did what with their coach?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Maybe that's why Green always has that grin after a bad call by the refs or after a loss.  He knows he still has a long leash. But I suspect that youthful grin will turn into a stressful glare with huge bags under his eyes the closer they get to being out.

I guess it could also depend on when Benning finally disagrees with Green's plan and wants to go in another direction, before he gets himself fired.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Ah -- playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game."

Yup...or to just play the game competitively so that we don't have to wear paperbags again...