The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Coach replacement out of the box maybe?

Out Travis Green.why ?  For all the reasons everyone has repeatedly stated. I have never liked him but I thought hockey people must see something I didn’t in him, apparently I was right in my belief that he wasn’t the right person for the job. 
In Sam Hallam . Why? Patterson isn’t performing and this coach got the most out of him in the past. He has a winning record, He is known as Innovative And good with young players and as a rookie coach in the NHL he would come cheaper which would maybe appeal to the owner. ( honestly I don’t know to much about him but I figure he can’t be any worse than what we have now ) Not sure about how difficult it would be to get him out of his current contract. 
** this is just a random thought that came to me that i haven’t seen yet as a option *** just wondering what people think of something like this…..

• Wat 2

On 11/17/2021 at 7:48 PM, Bllewellyn said:

Out Travis Green.why ?  For all the reasons everyone has repeatedly stated. I have never liked him but I thought hockey people must see something I didn’t in him, apparently I was right in my belief that he wasn’t the right person for the job. 
In Sam Hallam . Why? Patterson isn’t performing and this coach got the most out of him in the past. He has a winning record, He is known as Innovative And good with young players and as a rookie coach in the NHL he would come cheaper which would maybe appeal to the owner. ( honestly I don’t know to much about him but I figure he can’t be any worse than what we have now ) Not sure about how difficult it would be to get him out of his current contract. 
** this is just a random thought that came to me that i haven’t seen yet as a option *** just wondering what people think of something like this…..

No.

With all due respect, I wipe a monkey’s ass with Sam Hallum (I’m summoning my inner Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as I say that. :-p).   If the Canucks get a new coach, they need to get a proven winner.  Claude Julien, Bruce Budreau, etc.  

Claude Julien or bust for me.