The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Miller can't control where the Canucks trade him. Or can he? Any team that wants to deal will want him to resign as part of the trade. If JT isn't much interested in going to a particular team he can make demands that ensure the acquiring team's interest will go away. 

He can't stop them from trading him anywhere, as long as the receiving team understands that he has control over who he resigns with. It gives him a fair amount of control as very few teams will give up the type of assets we want, before the deadline, without assurances that they can extend him.

What we might be able to hypothetically do is, something like where we were to trade him...let's say for argument sake, to NJ for Severson and Mukhamadullin and a conditional 1st round pick. Condition being, he signs an extension with NJ.

I still say, NJ is our ultimate trading partner, but they won't do anything until Kadri is off the market.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Now your overvaluing Horvat.

There are many here who think their favorite players are gods.

Dubois could / should start to prime next season ,  especially going somewhere offering the opportunities Bo has been given.

Dubois signed his 1yr QO.  He has 1yr left after that until he is UFA.  He has made it clear he wants to test the market as a UFA.  Also there are rumours that he wants to go to MTL.

So why would you want to trade for Dubois if the indication is that he will not sign a long term extension? 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I don't know but*, I did have migraines (not exercise-induced that I know of) that I got over, with, believe it or not, Alka-Seltzer; which definitely works for only some people, but definitely worth a try; to that I can attest. 

Also, a lot of people do get over or learn to manage migraines; others commit suicide, which I can also understand; until the Alka-Seltzer, I was taking $20 a pop pills 3 - 4 times a day when I was only supposed to be taking one or two a week!. 

And those pills took 45 minutes of agony to take effect; the AS took effect within 5 minutes.

There is a lot more research into these things than my 25 year old experience with the malady.

JR & Co seem to be saying he is doing better and we all are hoping for the best, both for the team and for the person.

*Reminds me of a T-Shirt I saw that said:

I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll have a look...

Biofeedback can be effective with migraines which are vascular rather than muscular (tension headaches). It can change the blood flow and reduce the severity of migraines. You just need to make sure the practitioner is not a health food store clerk but is a certified biofeedback technician. We used to do this at mental health centers where I worked for years.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lol,  no ..   I’m making conversations about other possibilities that exist at this time.

Moving Horvat is a possibility..   if another team called and said ”why haven’t you signed Horvat yet?” ..   

and that team made an offer they can’t refuse,.

do you keep him because it upsets the fan base too much?

Ok, I get it.

No keeping anything just because 'the fan base' thinks this that or the other thing.

Otherwise, we could all get paid like JR!

I enjoy your stuff; cheers Sam!

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lol,  no ..   I’m making conversations about other possibilities that exist at this time.

Moving Horvat is a possibility..   if another team called and said ”why haven’t you signed Horvat yet?” ..   

and that team made an offer they can’t refuse,.

do you keep him because it upsets the fan base too much?

If the offer is something JR can’t refuse, then sure…trade Bo.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Biofeedback can be effective with migraines which are vascular rather than muscular (tension headaches). It can change the blood flow and reduce the severity of migraines. You just need to make sure the practitioner is not a health food store clerk but is a certified biofeedback technician. We used to do this at mental health centers where I worked for years.

I didn't know whether to give you a thumbs up or a thank you cuz I was laughing at the clerk reference.

But yeah, thanks.

They tried to do some eat radioactive $&!# and blast my brain on the lay-down creeping table thing at the hospital but I could feel my brain overheating (it felt like it was boiling) and I pulled the plug.

I got too much crap in my brain to be taking chances like that.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I think that is pretty well exactly what Bo will get: 7 x 7.

not a fan of paying bo 7m long term for a 50-60pt C. Why can't he pull a RNH and take a pay cut for a nmc and 8yr term...incoming cdc vultures!

Is Pettersson a C long term? He is not good at faceoffs, if we keep JT Miller have to think Pettersson is moved permanently to the wing. No way we can pay 7m or whatever Horvat signs for as a #3C.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, BPA said:

Dubois signed his 1yr QO.  He has 1yr left after that until he is UFA.  He has made it clear he wants to test the market as a UFA.  Also there are rumours that he wants to go to MTL.

So why would you want to trade for Dubois if the indication is that he will not sign a long term extension? 

Obviously “talks” would have to happen,  and I’m sure the Jets would not restrict that.

Bo is eligible to be traded anywhere.

Could be Dubois, could be some one else,.  My point here is to expose that Horvat is just as equal an asset to move at this time , as is Miller.…. But Miller might be the one to keep, rather than Horvat .

15 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I think that is pretty well exactly what Bo will get: 7 x 7.

I'd try and shoot for 8 years and get rid of the NTC or a 8 to 10 team NTC in final year and try and get the average down a little under 7 million, maybe something like 6.80 - 6.90 average. He'll only be 28 when it kicks in, I'd offer him first 3 years with full NMC then 3 more with 15 team NTC and last 2 with 8 team NTC.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

not a fan of paying bo 7m long term for a 50-60pt C. Why can't he pull a RNH and take a pay cut for a nmc and 8yr term...incoming cdc vultures!

Is Pettersson a C long term? He is not good at faceoffs, if we keep JT Miller have to think Pettersson is moved permanently to the wing. No way we can pay 7m or whatever Horvat signs for as a #3C.

7x7=49; so I think he'll come in at about 50m; over 8 is under 7m for sure.

I think the top players will be in the 7m range (maybe 8m for Miller) as part of the new cost per position structure.

It may take a couple years to massage the lineup into that, but by then the cap will have started to rise substantially.

It really doesn't matter where Petey plays, he is one of our absolutely top talents and he will be paid according at the end of his 3 year deal (2 yrs left).

Horvat is not a "#3C"; he is at least a #2C, and if we have Miller, Bo, and Petey we should be thankful, not wringing our hands and whinging.

Lineups are full of moving parts, and the better those parts, the more BB has to work with.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'd try and shoot for 8 years and get rid of the NTC or a 8 to 10 team NTC in final year and try and get the average down a little under 7 million, maybe something like 6.80 - 6.90 average. He'll only be 28 when it kicks in, I'd offer him first 3 years with full NMC then 3 more with 15 team NTC and last 2 with 8 team NTC.

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

In Horvats case,  I don’t think he has a long shelf life.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

Bo will be 28 fyi start of next yrs playoffs

Still younger and a better rounded player than Miller. If Bo is falling off a cliff at 28 there no reason to thing JT is trending upwards. Zero logic by you and SS regarding this. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1