The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

But he had every chance in the world to simply say that if he felt that way ... and didn't.

Really non-committal in any sense. That's a very good stock reply that doesn't divulge anything.

Oh boy... not sure what else I can say when there's 3 separate sources saying how much he loves it here, how he doesn't want to go anywhere, and how he wants to be a Canuck... yet it is still interpreted as he doesn't feel that way... :picard:

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Because of what HE (J.T. Miller) has said.  He loves it here, and his family loves it here.  His agent also had to drill it into people's heads that he hasn't discussed anything about wanting to be anywhere else with him either.  Why is it so hard for people to just accept the fact that maybe... just MAYBE.. Miller wants to stay? 

Why is it that everything he has said, and his agent has said needs to be twisted and construed to the point that you need to make it out that he wants to leave? 

Good grief. 

No one is saying that he wants to leave for sure. We're saying there are way more reasons for him to go. That's what we know. The rest of this stuff is just posturing. It means little.

Why wouldn't he just say I want to stay here?

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was from the summer, what do you expect him to say when asked about demanding a trade.  And no one is saying he's asking to be moved, just that it's unlikely he's going to re-sign here when he's in full control of where he gets to finish his career. 

Yeah Friedman reported that it was more, once he has the opportunity to sign anywhere as a UFA (which he has rightfully earned), the rumblings from insiders are that he will prefer to be in the US. Take that with a grain of salt of course, but Friedman is one of the most reliable guys in the game at the moment, regardless of what anyone may think of his hair and moustache choices :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

No one is saying that he wants to leave for sure. We're saying there are way more reasons for him to go. That's what we know. The rest of this stuff is just posturing. It means little.

Why wouldn't he just say I want to stay here?

He LITERALLY said that...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/j-t-miller-will-not-ask-trade-no-intention-leaving-canucks/

"I reached out to the source today and here's J.T. Miller's exact comment: 'No, he does not want to be traded. He does not want to leave. He wants to be a Vancouver Canuck. He has no intentions of leaving. We have a good team here and he wants to be a part of it," said Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman during the Headlines segment on Hockey Night in Canada.

That was after last season which was a complete sh*t season too...

25 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If he doesn't want out, then he wants to stay.  I'm not sure how else to interpret it when he says that he and his family love it here.  What else are you trying to get at then?

Wanting out means trade me now, even if I don't get a say.  Getting the choice, as a UFA, to go anywhere you want to play is not equivalent to that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Wanting out means trade me now, even if I don't get a say.  Getting the choice, as a UFA, to go anywhere you want to play is not equivalent to that.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/j-t-miller-will-not-ask-trade-no-intention-leaving-canucks/

"I reached out to the source today and here's J.T. Miller's exact comment: 'No, he does not want to be traded. He does not want to leave. He wants to be a Vancouver Canuck. He has no intentions of leaving. We have a good team here and he wants to be a part of it," said Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman during the Headlines segment on Hockey Night in Canada.

:picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

When was that again?  Was he talking about being ufa?

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

A certain Canucks player in 2014 said this in response to rumors that he had requested a trade: "Completely false," ???? ?????? said. "I'm happy. I love my teammates. I love the city. My son was born here, my kids grew up here."

The Miller scenario could go one of many ways but if you're taking this stuff at face value, you're being naïve.

Edited by awalk
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

When was that again?  Was he talking about being ufa?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

You're arguing against something that no one is stating.  No one is saying he's asking to be traded.  I feel like you've lost your script a little here

I give up, yes, you are right, he wants to leave as soon as he gets an opportunity. 

He loves it here, his family loves it here, he wants to be a Vancouver Canuck, he has no intentions of leaving, he believes there is a good team here and he wants to be a part of it... all of that means only one thing... he'll leave as a UFA as soon as he can.

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

A certain Canucks player in 2014 said this in response to rumors that he had requested a trade: "Completely false," ???? ?????? said. "I'm happy. I love my teammates. I love the city. My son was born here, my kids grew up here."

The Miller scenario could go one of many ways but if you're taking this stuff at face value, you're being naïve.

I quoted Kesler earlier already.  He mentioned he wanted a "fresh start" in an interview with Sportsnet, but thanks for the info though.

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I give up, yes, you are right, he wants to leave as soon as he gets an opportunity. 

He loves it here, his family loves it here, he wants to be a Vancouver Canuck, he has no intentions of leaving, he believes there is a good team here and he wants to be a part of it... all of that means only one thing... he'll leave as a UFA as soon as he can.

No, he has no intention of asking for a trade, that's what the article was about, correct?  No one is saying he's asking for a trade

Just now, stawns said:

No, he has no intention of asking for a trade, that's what the article was about, correct?  No one is saying he's asking for a trade

Yup, you're right, let me fix my mistake to reflect your brilliance.

There we go, now it all makes sense.  Not sure what I was thinking.... thanks!

• Haha 1

Who gives a $hit!

if it happens, it happens.

we’re all fans of a business and call it “our team”. Should occasionally remind ourselves that and try not to speculate on it in a personal level either way, imho.

There’s no mystery to solve.

whether he wants to be here or not, he is a commodity. As our player, and as an asset.

Edited by RWJC

51 minutes ago, HKSR said:

In contrast, here's what Luongo said back when he didn't want to stay:  https://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/nhl/roberto-luongo-on-leaving-canucks-its-time-to-move-on

And here's Kesler and him wanting a "fresh start":  https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2014/06/07/ryan-kesler-wants-out-of-vancouver-report

Lol, who cares what Kesler and Luongo said? Those players were both disgruntled and wanted out. Totally different situation than playing out a contract but preferring to move on as a UFA. Sorry, shows you don't know what you're talking about here.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lemme guess, you'll probably say this was in May 2021, so it doesn't count :P

So stating the above, then reaffirming that he AND his family loves it here just a month ago, and his agent coming out and saying the same thing leads you and others to believe he wants out... ok then.

Well duh, that was when the $&!#e hit the fan during Covid and the media was lying saying he wanted out to start rumors and sell adds.

C'mon man that's dishonest. Trying to use one quote as evidence for something else. How can one even have a real conversation with nonsense and deception?

Be better.

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, who cares what Kesler and Luongo said? Those players were both disgruntled and wanted out. Totally different situation than playing out a contract but preferring to move on as a UFA. Sorry, shows you don't know what you're talking about here.

I think the argument was that players do often say what they think.  JT Miller doesn't strike me as the type that doesn't say what's on his mind. 

Besides, like I said in a number of previous posts now... what we DO know is that he has said a combination of the following:

He loves it here, his family loves it here, he wants to be a Vancouver Canuck, he has no intentions of leaving, he believes there is a good team here and he wants to be a part of it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well duh, that was when the $&!#e hit the fan during Covid and the media was lying saying he wanted out to start rumors and sell adds.

C'mon man that's dishonest. Trying to use one quote as evidence for something else. How can one even have a real conversation with nonsense and deception?

Be better.

I'm not basing it off one quote.  I'm basing it off what he said a month ago, what he said in May 2021 after a really sh*tty season, and also what his agent came out and said.  I dunno why someone would conclude based on all of the above that he wants out once he's a UFA. 

Like I said before, if he and the Canucks can't come to terms financially that works for everyone involved, then so be it... but for fans here to say he's as good as gone, and he wants out as soon as he can, I call bullsh*t. 

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 2