The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck MVP and Pleasant Surprise

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Canuck MVP and Pleasant Surprise  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, combover said:

I went with Demko for mvp 

Without him we would would have been blown out in 3/4 of the games we played.

no goalie this season has faced as many shots as him.

he’s bailed out the atrocious D nightly. 

Podz has been a present surprise even In his limited minutes he’s noticeable every shift and get involved. 

Not really.  He's been good but not stellar...like most of the goalies we've faced including four i can think of off the top of my head that otherwise we'd have won the game in regulation including Smith in the first game.   People forget your number one goalie should save you a couple games a year, on his own more or less, and the best keep you from losing a lot of other games too.   Demko hasn't been as brilliant as some are making him out to be.  Solid yes.   

Demko BTW is 38 for shots against per 60 this year so not sure where your getting your data.   Way behind the leaderboard.   He's actually right there with some of the teams best teams.   It's a massive improvement compared to when Markstrom was here.   Second in ice time...can't blame TG for that.   .907 SP nothing special.     Markstrom on the other hand, is killing it. 

Edited by IBatch

MVP - between Demko and JT Miller, finally I picked Demko due to

Miller sometimes put some giveaway.

Demko, the SV% is not too good up to this moment, but most time we have poor D-Group in front of him.

Surprise - I know Garland is good before he joined Canucks, but he really surprise me he is really really good.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Not really.  He's been good but not stellar...like most of the goalies we've faced including four i can think of off the top of my head that otherwise we'd have won the game in regulation including Smith in the first game.   People forget your number one goalie should save you a couple games a year, on his own more or less, and the best keep you from losing a lot of other games too.   Demko hasn't been as brilliant as some are making him out to be.  Solid yes.   

Demko BTW is 38 for shots against per 60 this year so not sure where your getting your data.   Way behind the leaderboard.   He's actually right there with some of the teams best teams.   It's a massive improvement compared to when Markstrom was here.   Second in ice time...can't blame TG for that.   .907 SP nothing special.     Markstrom on the other hand, is killing it. 

Demko's been solid, but I'd agree that he's been struggling more lately and his save percentage reflects that. Of course, there will always be the "defense in front of him" argument, which holds some merit, but there's a point to which the goaltender has to hold at least some of the blame too.

Demko has been a top 10 goalie again this year..

Garland, was a great trade and signed for 5 yrs X 4.9 will be a bargain.... Boeser 7.5 million this summer, scary how his production has dropped off..

Miller, you know what you get every game and averaging a  point a game since joining Vancouver..

Hughes, should hit 50--55 points and if forward were playing better he would have more points...