The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals] Selling off assets to get draft picks and young players

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Trouba, Fox and Lundkvist is another good reason. Their top 4/5D are pretty set for a while. Lundkvist is just getting started too and he could be a stud.

Already a few rumours/speculation in NY with a potential reunion with JT Miller. So it looks like it's not outside the realm of probability. 

A number of teams have been circling around Miller (including one of his old teams, the New York Rangers) amid the Canucks’ disastrous season, although it seems as if GM Jim Benning does not have the full autonomy to make a core-altering trade at the moment. 

Frank Seravalli, DFO

Larry Brooks of the NY Post notes that the Rangers may face a decision regarding Ryan Strome soon. They may also consider replacing him with Miller next year.

The Rangers would certainly be interested in a reunion with the player they selected 15th overall in that 2011 draft, depending on the price demanded in return. He could slide onto the right side with either Kreider and Zibanejad or with Panarin or Strome. He could also go into the middle if needed.

NY Post (subscription required)

Strome is a pending UFA and is in line for a significant increase which next year’s cap crunched Rangers can’t afford. His current cap hit is $4.5M and his next contract should be significantly higher.

sorry hard to read most of it but I like what I can read and I remember seeing this deal in capfriendly 

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/530295

Edited by Odjick 4 Premier

1 minute ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

sorry hard to read most of it but I like it and I remember seeing this deal in capfriendly 

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/530295

Not very worth it for NYR. I don't think they're gonna part with Lundkvist and they might as well keep Strome if Playoffs is their goal.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not very worth it for NYR. I don't think they're gonna part with Lundkvist and they might as well keep Strome if Playoffs is their goal.

But they would be replacing Strome with Miller and losing Lundkvist is fine with Schneider in their farm system and going to make the move to the Rangers by next season and the NYR keep their draft pick in a deep draft 

1 minute ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

But they would be replacing Strome with Miller and losing Lundkvist is fine with Schneider in their farm system and going to make the move to the Rangers by next season and the NYR keep their draft pick in a deep draft 

Lundkvist has insane potential. He was putting up insane seasons in the SHL as an 19/20 year old. Won defenseman of the year there as a 20 year old. He has potential to be another Fox. Lundkvist. Strome would still be good to have around for the playoffs push. He expires next season so there's no harm in keeping him and he's playing well right now.

Miller is only guaranteed for 2 years. They have other good prospects, they wouldn't want to part with a top 5 or 10 prospect in the world, you don't trade those types.

• Cheers 1

The premise is actually a good one.   Enjoy Miller and Horvat we would if we were in a playoff spot or even close to one right now.  But we aren't.   And doubt Bruce is going to get us there either.    Ugh.  The team needs to re-set their rebuild.   And pray that at least one of EP, BB and Podz has the stuff.   Appears QHs does.    Trading Horvat and Miller is something i'd get behind, but it needs to be the right trade.   Late firsts won't make us better.   Odds are highly against that.   More bottoming out is probably the best medicine at this point unless by some miracle Bruce turns things around.   As in a .700 record or something . 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Trading Miller leaves us with one NHL centre (I still think Pettey should be on wing).

Would still do it for really good D prospect like that but this season would get even worse. 

It's about letting the team bottom out some more, and having more players coming in behind EP and QHs when they are in the 26-32 range.   Losing Miller and Horvat for nothing OR jamming them in at high cap hits doesn't seem like the solution.  

• Upvote 1