The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jarred Tinordi

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I remember, a media schill during his draft year, that Gillis was hoping he would drop and when the Habs drafted him; then Gillis pulled the trigger on the Ballard trade.  He was one player, who had been good in that D core - imo.

Tinordi is one of those guys, just born 30 years too late. The game just doesn't work for guys like him anymore.

4 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

A dumber and slower Myers.  It seems, he took his failed NHL career for granted and didn't learn anything from his father.  

At 29, his NHL career seem to be almost over - what a waste.

His Dad was a very tough and useful hockey player.   Personally had high hopes for him.   At least Manson made it ... 

20 hours ago, rekker said:

Tinordi is one of those guys, just born 30 years too late. The game just doesn't work for guys like him anymore.

Good point; but as we had seen this year, when a roster is matched up with the right coach - the results are very different.  With Tinordi (just like JV), there is a lot they could had done, off the ice that was in there control to match there talent & physical attributes; but instead, they took there NHL career for granted; and as for Tinordi, he also had his Dad to ask.

Anyways, his situation is nothing new, in the world of sport.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, IBatch said:

His Dad was a very tough and useful hockey player.   Personally had high hopes for him.   At least Manson made it ... 

Given the Canucks draft position - he was the one player that I hope would fall to the Canucks.  We can only, wonder how he would had done with our roster back then or with that veteran laden D core.

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Given the Canucks draft position - he was the one player that I hope would fall to the Canucks.  We can only, wonder how he would had done with our roster back then or with that veteran laden D core.

Yes .... also if OJ wasn't a dud.   That miss cost JB his job, if he only drafted Chychrun... 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yes .... also if OJ wasn't a dud.   That miss cost JB his job, if he only drafted Chychrun... 

Imo, OJ is still young enough, that if he gets paired with the right coach and gets over his injury issue, there is probably a good chance, he might still become a regular in the NHL cause as we had seen, with the current roster and how differently, it has performed with a different coach.  All it takes, [with some luck] is the right situation and there has been a lot of examples of players, that had thrived once installed in the right situation; but based on his draft pedigree, I agree, he has greatly under delivered.  The draft is a lottery ticket - just look at Boston 2015 draft and the players they passed up in the first round.  I get your point cause I was also looking forward, to finally seeing OJ become a regular in our lineup but Green had already made up, his mind when it comes to OJ.   I do wonder how Boudreau, would had deployed him over Hunt or Burroughs ?

As for JBs' biggest mistakes - it was perhaps, his failure to hire the right coaches and the baffling, extension of Green was the nail of his tenures' coffin.